Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing SIM contacts

Options
  • 22-11-2010 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm trying to transfer all my contacts from my old phone to an iphone. When I copy my contacts to the SIM on the old phone it doesn't manage to copy them all, saying the SIM is full. It's a fairly new SIM card and I don't have thousands of contacts.

Whats the best way round this - there must be a quick fix here rather than having the laborious job of copying those contacts that weren't transferred in the first round ?

Thanks,
    Richard

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,462 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Even if you copy to the SIMM, it will only copy one phone number per entry and it will truncate the person's name at 14 characters names so people with long names will get chopped.

You're better off trying to get the data straight from the phone to your PC by using the s/w that came with the old phone. If you can import the address book or sync. it with MS Outlook that will give you all the contacts and phone numbers on the PC and you can then see about transferring it to the iPhone, either by a direct sync. or by exporting from Outlook to a VCF or CSV file and importing into Gmail and from there into the iPhone.

What is the make and model of the old phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭raler

Thanks for that. It's a Sony Ericsson K800i

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

the k800i supports syncml as far as i'm aware. do you have a google account? you can sync your contacts to that and then back again to the iphone using mail for exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭raler

have a google account, yes. just hooking up the phone to the laptop now

Advertisement