Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

El Clasico Monday 29th 8pm.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Looks like Higuain is out, failed late fitness test.

I fear Benz.:(

Penalties for Madrid in la Liga this season: 5
    Penalties against: 0

Penalties for Barca in La Liga this season: 0
    Penalties against: 2

Wonder what the odds of a Ronaldo penalty are.......

I'm more excited than nervous despite the amount that is at stake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Ush1 wrote: »
    Looks like Higuain is out, failed late fitness test.

I fear Benz.:(

That could actually work out very well for Real, Benzema has been very good at creating chances this season and has been very selfless, could bring out the best in Ronaldo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

That could actually work out very well for Real, Benzema has been very good at creating chances this season and has been very selfless, could bring out the best in Ronaldo.

I fear Benz because he is brilliant and I'd like Barca to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I'm jumping off the fence now and going for Barca to win. Cant see Ronaldo having much of an effect on the game and Real's middle isnt half as strong as Barca's imo. Also, I expect Messi to run riot, as he usually does. Hopefully Mourinho will try and play though, they've plenty of attcking talent. I never enjoyed watching Inter last season, or Chelsea when they were under his command. This is one of the few games a season that Im really, really looking forward to (last was Spurs v Inter at WHL) and I hope it lives up to the expectation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Real would be happier with a draw than Barca. I can see Jose setting up his defensively and it will probably be up to the genius of Messi to break them down. Cant see many goals in this. Put on a few small bets, Messi 1-0 @ 25-1, no goals @ 12-1 and under 2.5 goals @ 6-5.

This is the mother of all games though. Barca v Real, Messi v Ronaldo, Guardiola v Mourinho, Catalan v Madrid etc.. There is so much at stake for both sides and it seems to be the biggest and best El Clasico that I can remember. The list of players are a who's who of the Balon D'or. Would love to see Barca dismantle them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

For anyone interested, there's build up on here: http://www.webcaston.com/embed.php?fileid=futbolsinlimitesnet10&vw=780&vh=550&domain=myp2p.eu
    up until kick off. Doesn't look like they're showing the match itself though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Messi has never scored against a Mourinho side, keep that in mind. Mourinho seems to have a way of keeping him out, as evident last season over the 2 ties when Messi was in similar form.

I said 3-0 before in this thread as Barca had lost already at home this season, to Hercules who Madrid beat 2-1 on their ground. I say now a 1-0 victory for Madrid with Ronaldo getting the goal, plus a very sturdy defensive display from Real Madrid.

Oh, and possibly a touchline Boogie Down from the Special One ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Hoping Madrid win this one, will stick a few quid on them and Ronaldo anytime.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Not that Real Madrid are angels but Barcelona have to be one of the most cheatiest (it may or may not be a real word :D) teams in football and the more than a club stuff makes me wanna vomit from a cheese overdose. I shall be cheering for Los Blancos :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Just simulated this match in Pro Evo.

It will be 1-1. Ozil for Madrid, Messi for Barcelona, but the match will be abandoned in the second half because my dinner was ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Missing the first half. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Archimedes wrote: »

It will be 1-1. Ozil for Madrid, Messi for Barcelona, but the match will be abandoned in the second half because my dinner was ready.

LMFAO! :p

Really looking forward to this, I'll have to give Call of Duty a break for two hours!

Just got Real at 3/1, delighted with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

With Mourinho involved, I suspect that this may be a more tentative match then what many expect. Also, with Higuain out, that will be a huge loss for Real. I suspect this will end in a draw, maybe Barca can squeak it.
    Johner wrote: »
    Just got Real at 3/1, delighted with that.
    Messi first goal scorer @ 9/2 :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Archimedes wrote: »

Pro Evo?

You disgust me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

What time does build up for this start?

7.30 Sky Sports 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I dont know why so many people think Ronaldo will have such a big influence on tonights games. Nice tweet here from Opta Joe.
    OptaJoe wrote:
    5 - In five games in all competitions, Cristiano Ronaldo has never scored against Barcelona. Stumped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

THFC wrote: »
    I dont know why so many people think Ronaldo will have such a big influence on tonights games.

Oh, I dunno, maybe because he's one of the best players in the world. Something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Pauleta wrote: »
    Not that Real Madrid are angels but Barcelona have to be one of the most cheatiest (it may or may not be a real word :D) teams in football and the more than a club stuff makes me wanna vomit from a cheese overdose. I shall be cheering for Los Blancos :cool:

I don't care much for either team, but surely Barca are a far more likable bunch than Madrid?

Barca are divers, but it's unfair to single them out when the whole sport is infected with the cheating bug.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I could see Real really hammering Barcelona with counter attacking football which they always play there, but not even in the Galactico years have they really thumped them at the Camp Nou, so a typical, 0-1 or 0-2 result.

eZe^, given a choice...that 2-6 win at the Bernabeu or my favourite, the 1-2 win with Kluivert and Xavi scoring late in 2004, Figo sent off and Real blasting Barcelona for the first 60 minutes until they scored? I'd always pick the latter, it was the real announcement of Rijkaard and Laporta's team...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Have the teams been named yet anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

CorkMan wrote: »
    Messi has never scored against a Mourinho side, keep that in mind. Mourinho seems to have a way of keeping him out, as evident last season over the 2 ties when Messi was in similar form.

I said 3-0 before in this thread as Barca had lost already at home this season, to Hercules who Madrid beat 2-1 on their ground. I say now a 1-0 victory for Madrid with Ronaldo getting the goal, plus a very sturdy defensive display from Real Madrid.

Oh, and possibly a touchline Boogie Down from the Special One ;)

Messi has scored 7 in 7 against Real and Ronaldo has never scored against Barcarole in 5 games against them. I can't see Real keeping him quiet, they might also need to keep an eye on Xavi, Iniesta, Pedro, villa etc. I'm going to say 3-1 to Barcarole, Messi to het at least 1. I think I'm looking forward to this as much as I was looking forward to the WC final.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

1915: Barcelona v Real Madrid line-ups:
    Barcelona: Valdes, Dani Alves, Abidal, Pique, Puyol, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Pedro, Messi, Villa.

Real Madrid: Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Marcelo, Carvalho, Pepe, Khedira, Xabi Alonso, Ozil, Di Maria, Ronaldo, Benzema.
    Referee: Eduardo Iturralde Gonzalez.

BBC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Benzema starting?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

yup Higuain not fit enough (not sure if he's on the bench)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

As a Barca fan I'm bricking it! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Backed Di Maria @ 9/2 anytime scorer.

2-2 draw my shout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

What's Mark Hughes doing over there? Surely he'd be at home planning how to get something off of Arsenal

Really looking forward to this now. Hopefully it'll be a good match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Looking forward to seeing how Benzema does tonight, he has a great opportunity to silence some doubters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

flahavaj wrote: »
    Looking forward to seeing how Benzema does tonight, he has a great opportunity to silence some doubters.

not on the bench he wont !

BERBA wrote: »

He's starting smartarse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

BERBA wrote: »

He's starting.

*what is it with some people? :confused:*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

He's starting smartarse.

Balague just said Higuain is starting. Think it might be a slip of the tongue as everyone else says Benzema is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Mascherano on the bench again. Good move Javier.

He's starting smartarse.

Balague just said Higuain is starting , i shouldnt have doubted ye flah.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Balague just said Higuain is starting. Think it might be a slip of the tongue as everyone else says Benzema is.

He said he was starting and then said he was on the bench. A slip on his part.

2-1 The Blaugrana.

• Advertisement

super-rush wrote: »
    Mascherano on the bench again. Good move Javier.

Sid Lowe reckons he'll make no impact at Barca, just not talented enough in possession.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

anyone got a sopcast link with english commentary please?

Sid Lowe reckons he'll make no impact at Barca, just not talented enough in possession.

He's been brutal any time I've seen him though apparently he did well in the CL game last week.

I'd imagine there's a small handful of games that he'll be of use to them such as away from home in the latter stages of the CL, but it does seem somethng of a waste of money. Especially when they have Biscuits who's a better all round footballer. Very odd signing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Here we go :)

He's been brutal any time I've seen him though apparently he did well in the CL game last week.

I'd imagine there's a small handful of games that he'll be of use to them such as away from home in the latter stages of the CL, but it does seem somethng of a waste of money. Especially when they have Biscuits who's a better all round footballer. Very odd signing.

I reckon he's destined for Inter as soon as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    anyone got a sopcast link with english commentary please?

Im watching on spanish espn (alv1172). The eng comm ones are poor, comm distorted.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Wonderful effort from Messi against teh post, great to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Messi. My god.

Bale-esque there from Messi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Xavi showed good composure there, even if it was lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Finish.

• Advertisement
Advertisement