Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

El Clasico Monday 29th 8pm.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

The going to ground is getting slightly absurd now. I'm watching a muted stream with Kings of Leon on but I feel like the game would be better suited to Benny Hill like that old Lehmann/Drogba clip :)

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

kraggy wrote: »
    Yet another example of why the hype about Ronaldo is totally unjustified.

He has never done it on the big stage and never will.

Outclassed again.

Ah CL final against Chelsea. He raped Essien. The statement never is far from correct.

Roma. Arsenal to name a few others in the CL laters stages. Hell throw in Porto where he scored a screamer to get United out of a tough spot.

Playing in a side getting destroyed is hardly justification for saying he's overhyped. Ronaldo is incredible and your deluded and clueless if your think otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Outclassed again.

This has been disproven quite categorically in the Ronaldo vs Messi thread.

He has been poor tonight, but he is one of eleven players that has been played off the park by a stunning Barca performance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Bet its better than the Geordie on Gol TV

Lad is annoying, it's like he has a big bag of Clichés and he pulls 5 out at random every minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Referee looks awfully like Andy Kaufman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

jesus this is great, barca taking the piss, madrid kicking them,

ronaldo ....am..... oh he took a free in the first half. Messi is a genius

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Outclassed again.

yeah, why look at the facts when you can make a false statement to get a load of 'thanks'

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Barcelona tear Real a new one and all people come on to do is rip on Ronaldo.

How exactly can he be expected to perform when his back 4 aren't capable of passing a ball 10 yards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

flahavaj wrote: »

He has been poor tonight, but he is one of eleven players that has been played off the park by a stunning Barca performance.

No it hasn't. You imagined you'd disproved it but in reality most people know he's not a big game player. 6 games against Barca, no goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,572 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

This is some performance by Barcelona, playing fantastic football.....and amazingly 9 out of the 11 are home grown players...(Yes I got that from Sky commentators!). I like that so much better than the likes of Real Madrid, Chelsea and Man City who want to buy success!

• Advertisement

IIRC, and I think I do because i'm listening to some genius commentary. Messi entered the field on his own and defeated Barcelona. There was no Villa or Xavi on the field. Xavi has been immense same for Villa. Why does it always have to be a Messi wankfest?

Ah CL final against Chelsea. He raped Essien. The statement never is far from correct.

Roma. Arsenal to name a few others in the CL laters stages. Hell throw in Porto where he scored a screamer to get United out of a tough spot.

Playing in a side getting destroyed is hardly justification for saying he's overhyped. Ronaldo is incredible and your deluded and clueless if your think otherwise.

he sure did rape that great right back essien and dont forget that he played there that game.

arsenal with a super young kieran gibbs in their already dodge defence.

He is not incredible he is another very good player hyped to death by the english media while he played there,

Messi is incredible, Barca are incredible and madrid and ronaldo have a long way to go to get anywhere near this team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,572 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

No it hasn't. You imagined you'd disproved it but in reality most people know he's not a big game player. 6 games against Barca, no goals.

Also add failures in World cups 2010 & 2006 as well as Euro 2008, these are the stages were world class players are supposed to shine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Nice to see the fouling has died down a bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

The amount of goals Casillas has let in over Barca would suggest he is ****e too on that basis too I suppose :rolleyes:

Just waiting for the Johnny Giles quotes to back this one up.;)

Iang87 wrote: »
    he sure did rape that great right back essien and dont forget that he played there that game.

arsenal with a super young kieran gibbs in their already dodge defence.

He is not incredible he is another very good player hyped to death by the english media while he played there,

Messi is incredible, Barca are incredible and madrid and ronaldo have a long way to go to get anywhere near this team

Simple question.

Were they big games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

If so many people think it though there must be some truth in it. He's obviously gonna have played well in a few big games as he's played in so many. I think he's a fabulous player that any manager would love to have in their team but imo, and in a lot of people's, he just doesn't perform well in the big matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

karma_ wrote: »
    Lad is annoying, it's like he has a big bag of Clichés and he pulls 5 out at random every minute.

If i could find another stream with a decent picture and in English i would change it as he is awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

No it hasn't. You imagined you'd disproved it but in reality most people know he's not a big game player.

Do you always talk shíte or is it just when it comes to football?

LOL@Madrid btw, getting owned so badly here. There's justice in this result.

What a performance by Barca.

gustavo wrote: »
    The amount of goals Casillas has let in over Barca would suggest he is ****e too on that basis too I suppose :rolleyes:

That makes no sense.

For example, Messi has scored 7 in 7 against Madrid prior to tonight.

So he has scored the quickest 50 goals ever for Real Madrid. Probably the most successful club ever and he's only a good player?

Jesus. Deluded.

Simple question.

Were they big games?

CL finals tend to be pretty big affairs alright.

gustavo wrote: »

rubbish argument, shay given must have been one of the worst in the world at newcastle was he.

Just waiting for the Johnny Giles quotes to back this one up.;)

1 Goal against Chelsea in 18, 3 against Liverpool in 14(2 penalties I think), 0 against Barca in 7. Big game player my hole.

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »
    Also add failures in World cups 2010 & 2006 as well as Euro 2008, these are the stages were world class players are supposed to shine!

Messi?

So he has scored the quickest 50 goals ever for Real Madrid. Probably the most successful club ever and he's only a good player?

Jesus. Deluded.

That has nothing to do with nothing. i'll let you get back to youtube so you can **** some more over this incredibly overrated disgrace to football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

THFC wrote: »
    I'd nearly turn gay for Messi...

How could you stoop so low?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

All the Madrid players should be fined for a performance like that

CL finals tend to be pretty big affairs alright.

But...but...but.....he played crap tonight.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Heh, 5. ^_^

How could you stoop so low?

That goes hand in hand I'd imagine :D

#15 wrote: »
    Do you always talk shíte or is it just when it comes to football?

LOL@Madrid btw, getting owned so badly here. There's justice in this result.

What a performance by Barca.

I used stats to back my argument up.

What are you hoping Ronaldo adopts your baby or something?:p

sergio ramos what a disgrace of a player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

What a disgusting football club and manager.

That has nothing to do with nothing. i'll let you get back to youtube so you can **** some more over this incredibly overrated disgrace to football

It has nothing to do with nothing? Excellent point. Well thought out and put forward.

Youtube? Disgrace to football? In what sense? He dives? Oh nooooes. No other footballer does. Ever. Messi dived in this game does that make him a 'disgrace to football'.

Gotta love the delusion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

the special one wont be running across the nou camp pitch tonight:D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

rubbish argument, shay given must have been one of the worst in the world at newcastle was he.
    I can't be sure but I think the rolleyes suggested he agrees with your point of view. Set your Defcon back down a notch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

2 ****e "tackles" on Messi and they both stay on.

Barcelona are a class above, think it's time for Mourhino to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

It's annoying that since Kaká and Ronaldo signed a year and a half ago they have only played abou 10-15 games together max. Ronaldo was injured throughout some of early last season, Kaká got injured in the new year. This season Kaká has not played yet.

You would expect a return from £136,000,000. I thought it would create magic, which it should as they are world class.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Why the f*ck couldn't Cassillas let 5 goals in the World cup ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Segio Ramos clearing house . Only made it home to see last goal. What was the rest the game like ?

I wonder will they turn the sprinklers on now?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Ramos- What a c**t

By Madrid standards, Jose should be out the door before he even reaches the dressing room!

That fourth goal was as good as you will see. ****ing love this sport when it's played like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

THFC wrote: »
    If so many people think it though there must be some truth in it.

No it doesn't. It just proves what many people already know - that a sizeable portion of football fans are retards.
    Anyone subscribing to lazy Dunphyesque views are retards.

Also, lol lol lol.5-0

José will be under serious pressure next home game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

BERBA wrote: »
    the special ones crew could get a hiding tonight me thinks

hate always being correct:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

I wonder will they turn the sprinklers on now?

Didn't you get the memo? Barca is the classiest club ever.

• Advertisement

But...but...but.....he played crap tonight.:rolleyes:

but...but...but... he played crap in the champions league final in 09 aswell. he doesn't like the pressure of the big game just admit it, even missed his penalty in the shootout in 08 when he played "well" or scored a header against essien i cant remember.

Anyway the main fact Barca just incredible madrid just disgraceul

Advertisement