Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

El Clasico Monday 29th 8pm.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Incredible!! Just incredible! That's what you call a footballing masterclass! Brilliant to watch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Iang87 wrote: »
    sergio ramos what a disgrace of a player

what was the incident like?
    Mister men wrote: »
    What a disgusting football club and manager.

this down to a single incident (Ramos?) or a general observation?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

One of the greatest team performances i've ever seen!

Admit a certain glee at watching Real Madrid players completely lose it in final minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

This thread is about all the players that played for Barcelona and Real Madrid tonight. Ronaldo has to get the ball to do things and that didn't happen very often tonight.

It was a master class of total football from Barcelona. You should be rejoicing at seeing such wonderful football from a team instead of being so petty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Nice to see the smug wiped off Joses face tbh.

Oh, here's an original tactic, bring on Arbeloa when we've already lost the game and tell him to kick Messi.

Carvalho managed to stay on the pitch, lol.

Fantastic game from Cristiano as expected.

I wish Lyon still had Abidal, love that guy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

#15 wrote: »
    No it doesn't. It just proves what many people already know - that a sizeable portion of football fans are retards.
    Anyone subscribing to lazy Dunphyesque views are retards.

Also, lol lol lol.5-0

Maybe your the retard, have you considered that? As I said before 1 goal against Chelsea, 3 against Liverpool, 0 against Barca and the only team of note he's scored against internationally are the Netherlands.

Its a solid argument that can be laid against him but a couple of myopic United fans would have you believe we're all retards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

I can't be sure but I think the rolleyes suggested he agrees with your point of view. Set your Defcon back down a notch.

we were talkin about ronaldo not casillas it was a continuation of the argument. so you should prob just reverse back out of the converstaion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

looks like dunphy was right, he called barca hammering them

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

but...but...but... he played crap in the champions league final in 09 aswell. he doesn't like the pressure of the big game just admit it, even missed his penalty in the shootout in 08 when he played "well" or scored a header against essien i cant remember.

Anyway the main fact Barca just incredible madrid just disgraceul

Again when he was totally isolated just like tonight. There isn't a team in the world that woud stop them like that. I fail to see how this makes Ronaldo just a good player...which is what you said. He's bloody incredible. You're delusion make think otherwise. Quickest 50 goals ever for Madrid. 42 goals in one season for United. Amazing.

Who's debating the other line?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

FFS half the posters here are just engaged in a bitch fest, cop the fcuk on lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

madrid haven't improved one bit since feb 2009 it seems, any team with ramos and pepe as their two main defenders won't win anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The big question that has to be asked now is if Florentino Perez will finally part with money to bring in top class defenders. Its quite clear tonight that the defense he has is not good enough.

Cue the Ashley Cole to Real in January rumours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Incredible!! Just incredible! That's what you call a footballing masterclass! Brilliant to watch!

Which part? the passing or the diving, complaining and hounding the ref? Barca disgust me and seeing as 9 out of the 11 are homegrown it shows the way they teach them to behave from a young age:mad:

That was almost perfection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

5-0. Pleasure to watch that.

A tonking that could'nt happen to a more deserving person. Outclassed and humiliated. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Did not expect that result at all. Was expecting a nailbiter but in the end it was just great great football by Barcelona.

As much as I like Mourhino its nice to see him and his team get a bit of a hammering. I for one never thought it would happen.

Xabi was unreal tonight. Every Barcelona player was. The interplay and the confidence not to hoof the ball but to pass their way out of trouble was facinating to watch.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Which part? the passing or the diving, complaining and hounding the ref? Barca disgust me and seeing as 9 out of the 11 are homegrown it shows the way they teach them to behave from a young age:mad:

The passing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Again when he was totally isolated just like tonight. There isn't a team in the world that woud stop them like that. I fail to see how this makes Ronaldo just a good player...which is what you said. He's bloody incredible. You're delusion make think otherwise. Quickest 50 goals ever for Madrid. 42 goals in one season for United. Amazing.

Who's debating the other line?

I wonder how many of those 42 goals came from him taking free kicks and pens

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

LOL, that's rich coming from a United fan.

Do they count as less than goals like in rugby? Excuse me i'm knew to the game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH NOTHING!!

wow that's my new arguement for everything.

Only thing I dislike about Barca is the fact they swarm the ref almost every game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Maybe your the retard,

Maybe, but I know how to spell you're.:pac::pac::pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

31- open play
    6 - penalties
    5 - free kicks

RasTa wrote: »
    IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH NOTHING!!

wow that's my new arguement for everything

I loved it too. The line of a good debater.

uberwolf wrote: »
    what was the incident like?

messi started yet another lovely run and ramos ran as fast as he could to get there and then kicked him as hard as he possible could in the ankle. straight red

this down to a single incident (Ramos?) or a general observation?

not too sure to be honest madrid were kicking for the mahority of the game. carvalho went out of his way at one stage to knee messi in the head after a super challenge from pepe. Arbeloa was brought on to kick people cos at that stage a lot of madrid players were booked so they could no longer kick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Getting a bit of success in the last 5 years and they think they are bigger than Real Madrid!

9 European Cups
    31 leagues
    17 Copa Del Reys

Get in line Barca fans, calm down the chanting as ye've got a long way to come yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

31- open play
    6 - penalties
    5 - free kicks

Bluffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Guess you didn't notice the team with several players who were trying to elbow, chop and provoke more talented ones tonight from first to last min!

I think they were in white jerseys. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Wait, messi didn't score tonight?

By some stupid logic that some people are using tonight, that means he clearly didn't turn up tonight, and obviously played crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

weird bunch of posters in here fighting a proxy utd-pool battle. :confused:

nice to see Jose put in his place. dislike both clubs equally. Great football on show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Who is this man?! Bravo...

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

Got to love how hard barca work all over the pitch when they dont have the ball. Real got badly beaten but still early for that team. barca were immense but when are they not. Love the non stop running and movement. Was great to watch. Ronaldo starved of ball, di maria very poor. Pepe actually did ok but ricky c found out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Wow. Annihilation. That is all.

Just saying would rather count goals from open play as some players dont take free kicks or pens and still have a high goal scoring record.

As noted above that season Ronaldo scored 31 from open play and Torres scored 33

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

CorkMan wrote: »
    Getting a bit of success in the last 5 years and they think they are bigger than Real Madrid!

9 European Cups
    31 leagues
    17 Copa Del Reys

Get in line Barca fans, calm down the chanting as ye've got a long way to come yet.

All in the past my friend...

• Advertisement

Just saying would rather count goals from open play as some players dont take free kicks or pens and still have a high goal scoring record.

As noted above that season Ronaldo scored 31 from open play and Torres scored 33

And Torres is an out and out striker and a world class player aswell at that. Someone said Ronaldo was only a good player ffs. That's my whole debate.

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Wait, messi didn't score tonight?

By some stupid logic that some people are using tonight, that means he clearly didn't turn up tonight, and obviously played crap.

Another classic, enlightening post by DOC09UNAM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Guess you didn't notice the team with several players who were trying to elbow, chop and provoke more talented ones tonight from first to last min!

I think they were in white jerseys. :rolleyes:

I agree fully that madrid were disgraceful but the way barca are lauded pisses me off. Ronaldo at his worst wouldn't look off of place among them. But for some reason it's overlooked by the majority. Yes, they play fantastic football, but are they excused all the other crap because of that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

#15 wrote: »
    No it doesn't. It just proves what many people already know - that a sizeable portion of football fans are retards.
    Anyone subscribing to lazy Dunphyesque views are retards.

Also, lol lol lol.5-0

Been offline for a while but this reminded me so much of this:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

does not really have anything to do with anything. Ronaldo is immense at madrid starved of ball tonight.

• Advertisement

And Torres is an out and out striker and a world class player aswell at that. Someone said Ronaldo was only a good player ffs. That's my whole debate.

Ronaldo is a great player and like Torres would be better off losing the little hissy fits they sometimes have on the pitch when things are not going their way.

All in the past my friend...

Yes, exactly all in the past, they won them amount of trophies before. I am using trophies to say:

Real Madrid > Barcelona :D

Barca may be attracting the limelight ATM, but they are not as great as Real Madrid in total.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Not only is he impetuous, he's also a headbanger...

Sergio+Ramos.jpg

Ronaldo is a great player and like Torres would be better off losing the little hissy fits they sometimes have on the pitch when things are not going their way.

Agreed but every footballer has their flaws. I think their temperaments are somewhat make them the players they are. They might not be the same if they were quieter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Barca disgust me and seeing as 9 out of the 11 are homegrown it shows the way they teach them to behave from a young age:mad:

Post = epic fail

Were you disgusted with Mourinho and Real in the CL last week?

Were you disgusted with Ramos' tackle on Messi or Carvalhos avoidance of a red card?

my comment about nothing to do with nothing was a refernce to ronaldo scoring 50 quickest for madrid.

Torres did it for liverpool so what. counts for nothing, lovely record to have but means **** all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

9 European Cups
    31 leagues
    17 Copa Del Reys

having franco as a fan helped too ;)

Yes, exactly all in the past, they won them amount of trophies before. I am using trophies to say:

Real Madrid > Barcelona :D

Barca may be attracting the limelight ATM, but they are not as great as Real Madrid in total.

right ok .........

my comment about nothing to do with nothing was a refernce to ronaldo scoring 50 quickest for madrid.

Torres did it for liverpool so what. counts for nothing, lovely record to have but means **** all

It's a statistic that show how good he is to surpass some amazing players that have gone through Madrid. Not rocket science.

What exactly is your point? Scoring goals is worthless or something?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Rezident

Masterful.

The beautiful game played in a beautiful way. What a team. If they can stay injury-free (despite Ramos and Co's best attempts) this team can play amazing football. The one-touch play, the movement off the ball, the skills, and all at top speed, a joy to watch.

• Advertisement
Advertisement