Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

El Clasico Monday 29th 8pm.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Imo It's a combination of their old boy Ronaldo being at their biggest rivals and the fact that Utd like to think they are the top team in Europe, when in reality, they ain't fit to lace Barcas boots, and haven't been for quite some time.

I'd also imagine the sight of Pique in the centre of their defence must drive them mad, such a good player-gonna be the centre half of his generation imo, keeping Evans over him was sheer lunacy.

Basically I think it's jealousy.

Alan, it's called rivalry. We don't like our closest rivals. We used to not like Liverpool either.

I'm a fan of Madrid (a lot moreso than Barca anyway), but the performance from Barcelona had me smiling tonight. Awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,414 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Le King wrote: »
    I like to think, that at United, we are about the football. We we played Barca, we at least tried to have a go. We got slaughtered, but at least we tried, unlike Liverpool and Inter. Real Madrid tried to contain and attack.

I dont think that is entirely true.In 2008 United sat back for most of the two legs against Barca and went through due to Scholes goal.
    United played like both Liverpool and Inter over those two legs ,they gave vast amounts of possession to Barca ,sat back and tried to nick something on the break,which they did.
    Luckily for Utd that Barcelona team was out of sorts in the final third.
    In the 2009 final Utd had a go for all of 15 minutes ,then they went to pieces.
    Barcelona have improved since then while Utd have deteriorated and their style of football is alot more negative than it was in previous Ferguson teams.
    I'm a Utd fan but I know that Barcelona would play them off the pitch ,they are far far better offensively.
    Ferguson of the 99 era would have a go against them ,back when Utd played a cavalier all out attacking style but those days are long gone.
    United I fear are more like Inter and Liverpool nowadays and more is the pity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

The gypsies won comfortably tonight. They showed their true colours as well. They may win but they are disgusting winners.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Jordonvito

Le King wrote: »
    Alex Ferguson made a clear mistake in letting Pique go. But at the time Evans looked the better prospect. Also in the Premier League especially when you play for Manchester United who play so high up at time, you have to have some pace. Pique was a very slow defender and when he played often got exposed from balls over the top or a player knocking the ball by him. Barca's back line sit back much more, they are just so good at keeping the ball it's a player like Pique's dream team. Pique, arguably suits Spanish football far better too. I don't think he would be the top defender he is today at Manchester United as he is at Barca.

As a United fan, I dislike both Barca and Madrid. But I hate Madrid more. I don't understand how a United fan could shout for Madrid in a match like this. I like to think, that at United, we are about the football. We we played Barca, we at least tried to have a go. We got slaughtered, but at least we tried, unlike Liverpool and Inter. Real Madrid tried to contain and attack. Mourinho will be murdered tomorrow for those tactics, its clearly showing huge defensive lunacy when you bring on a 3rd player to sit back in midfield when your 2-0 down. I support football, I don't care about Ronaldo or Pique. I hope they do well for themselves and all that but I support football. Bottom line, that's why I hoped Barca won tonight. Any neutral supporting Madrid is not a lover of football. Football won tonight. That's all I care about.

Were not the top team in Europe right now. I know that, so does any other United fan. Hindsight is easy Alan, making judgements on a player who wanted to go back to his home town club when we had a centre half who looked a bit better was a hard decision. It's easy for you to look back at that. Stop turning this into a United vs Liverpool thread. Some people want to talk about how class Barca were, not how strange or bitter or stupid or dumb or blind United fans are because the only one who is being delusional right now is you. You can't paint a fan base with the one brush.

Agree with me or not but I clearly am not "going mad". All I wanted to do was watch the team who play the most beautiful football, play football. I don't have an agenda here and I think I speak for most when I say football won. So let's not turn this into a cringe worthy United vs Liverpool debate and let's digest a masterful performance.

In fairness Pique was homesick and did want to go, but I'm sure if Fergie really wanted him to stay he would still be a United player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Pauleta wrote: »
    The gypsies won comfortably tonight. They showed their true colours as well. They may win but they are disgusting winners.

SIMON-CONFUSED-GIF.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

SIMON-CONFUSED-GIF.gif

Messi - diving twat (no worse, no better than Ronaldo). Valdes; porcupine. Xavi; gifted but a whiney b1tch. Puyol; queer. Iniesta; whinge. Valdes; scummy moan. Villa; learning from the others around him!

MOG7 wrote: »
    I'm probably up there with the biggest Messi fans on here, i know he's not a saint, but he is one of the best players to ever play the game and i am greatful that we get the chance to watch him every week, getting booked for a dive when Carvalho raised his arm into face is very harsh, Carvalho was the lucky one not to see red, he definatley knew what he was doing. Again, i know he is no saint but he does try stay on his feet most of the time, look at most players in Spain, for Barca, Xavi, Iniesta any of them they all go to ground easily, not exactly diving but they just go down under a slight touch, there is a difference. You are wrong about Ronaldo too

Thats one example from the last few weeks but he has been at it quiet a bit this season too. the reason there wasn't a page of people criticising Messi like they would do if it was Ronaldo is because most people know Messi does not do that every week.

Disgraceful stuff from Ramos at the end too, he had a poor game but then made a wild swipe for Messi, so wild he missed Messi and caught Lass iirc, then went and pushed Puyol and Pique in the face, meeting them at the next Spain training camp will be awkward.
    Ok, I disregard everything after that.

Stones, glass houses . . . tut tut, I'd show you the outrageous .gif of Messi from the game or the countless other .gifs going from the Barca starting 11, but it's too embarrassing for them, *****!

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Love this image -

1343399_full-lnd.jpg

More here.

messi-pepe.jpg
    messi_337192a.jpg

There seems to be a lot of united fans hatin' on Barca... interesting.

Ok . . . . twat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Ramos foul 1:10, a clear view a 2:18.

I hate to say this, but I hope he really did hurt Messi a bit (not too much) cos it is annoying to see players rolling around in the grass with f*ck all wrong with them. Especially with Puyol getting pushed afterwards and doing almost a backflip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

baz2009 wrote: »
    Just can't bring myself to like Messi or Barca, they seem to have developed a superiority complex over the last few seasons.

Yeah, Jesus that was just plain embarrassing for Ronaldo.:pac:
    I've seen Messi do it a lot, tbf, don't see Barca every week, but any time I do see them Messi does have a bit of a dive. Wouldn't give out about him in particular, there are plenty worse out there, Nani is an example close to home(happy now Al?;)), but for the thread that's in it he deserves to be shown up for it more than he has been.

So technically Messi dived to get Ramos sent off?:pac:
    That was fcuking hilarious from Puyol there at the end as well, I'd feel de-masculinised(?) if another man pushed me that far.::P

Please show me more clips of Messi diving, or do you really not watch him at all?

And lol @ diving anyway, he DID in fact get elbowed in the face and Carvalho should have been sent off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Ok . . . . twat

Woah nelly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Puyol; queer.

You should consider moving into the 21st century.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Just can't bring myself to like Messi or Barca, they seem to have developed a superiority complex over the last few seasons.

A bit rich coming from a United fan...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Messi - diving twat (no worse, no better than Ronaldo). Valdes; porcupine. Xavi; gifted but a whiney b1tch. Puyol; queer. Iniesta; whinge. Valdes; scummy moan. Villa; learning from the others around him!

Most retarded post I've seen in a long time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

CorkMan wrote: »

Ramos foul 1:10, a clear view a 2:18.

I hate to say this, but I hope he really did hurt Messi a bit (not too much) cos it is annoying to see players rolling around in the grass with f*ck all wrong with them. Especially with Puyol getting pushed afterwards and doing almost a backflip.

Cop on would ye, such a horrible, petty thing to say about any player, like them or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Its funny hearing the typical premiership fan giving out to Messi for diving. Every single team has players that do this. At Barca we have Busquests and Iniesta mainly to blame. It's a shame, but in football any thing goes, and have you ever noticed that even most normal fouls against Barca are played for? I.e Iniesta will get the ball, run at some one, move the ball to the other side drawing a bad tackle? It happens in football.... Get over it.
    Oh and for any one that compares Messi and Ronaldo in terms of diving you will see Messi stay on his feet 80% of the time if he thinks he can score. You'l see Ronaldo hit the deck in a flash, ans he is considerably bigger and a stronger "athlete"

Stop with all the hating and just enjoy the attacking football Barca are gifting us with.. because there's allot of other sh1t you can be bitter about, but don't ruin the one thing that for many people is still there get away from irl problems...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

Inter-planetary. The level that Lionel Messi operated at last night. Was gonna say inter-galactic, but couldn't find a good picture........
    001-solar_system-my-fantasy.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

JoseMourinho280305.jpg

I am so happy with that performance and result. This Barca team is just so complete.

As for Jose, all I can say is tough titty. He sent his team out there with no discernable tactics, and his team were like headless chickes throughout the game. Now, Barca made them look bad obviously, but they showed no spirit, no nothing. They werre lucky Carvalho was not sent off twice. First for his elbow on Messi (perhaps Messis over dramtic reaction stopped that) and then for the handball.

Jose, cabron, Saluda Campeon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

after watching that last night i feel compelled to give my 2c...

i started the game wanting Real to win. honestly. it's the first time in a few years that has happened. after Barca's arrogance during the summer with regards the Cesc stuff in particular, i wanted them to be taken down a peg or 2. and i, like many, have a bit of a man-crush on José.

so at 8pm last night, i was set for a tight spectacle; one similar to Barca v Inter in the Champions League last year; where it's the pace and precision of Barca, up against the 'us against the world, never-say-die, workaholic' Mourinho's Madrid. and with Ronaldo up top, i thought they could nick it.

many Barca fans were worried about this game.

how wrong we all were.

i don't say this lightly; i've watched a lot of football in my time. i've seen the Barcelona Dream Team. i've seen Arsenal's Invincibles. i've seen Milan's early 90s juggernaut. i've seen United's Treble winners. i've seen Madrid's Galacticos. i've seen France 98-2000. i've seen Mourinho's Chelsea battering ram, and i've seen Ronaldinho's Barca.

but last night was quite possibly the greatest team performance i've ever witnessed. i certainly can't remember a better one off the top of my head.

Puyol was bullish and rock solid. Pique was his composed self. Xavi and Iniesta were mesmerising. Messi was taking the píss half the time, and Villa was a trojan work horse with no lack of skill and clinical finishing prowess.

but that's only the individuals. this team's great quality is the fact that it is greater than the sum of it's parts. the philosophy, when it comes off like last night, is simply beautiful, and most importantly, quite plainly, unstoppable. for 30 minutes of the first half, and 20 minutes of the second, Barca were unplayable. i hate that word, but it's as accurate a description as i can come up with. they were as close to unplayable as a team can ever hope to get.

within 30 minutes of the start, when, remember, i had wanted a Madrid win; it became quite obvious that i wanted the football to win out. i wanted so much to hate Barca last night; their superiority complex, their arrogance, their fúcking DNA...but i just couldn't. the football was just that good.

the vast majority of people hate a wánkfest. this forum has fawned over Barca for the last couple of years, and it does get up people's noses, because the players have exhibited an heir of arrogance about them at times, that makes it tough to want to praise them.

but Barca fans, wánk away. after last night, it is completely deserved.

for what it's worth, on Real's side, i thought Pepe was outstanding. i've always gone along with this stereotype that's followed him that he's a loose cannon, and not reliable enough. but from what i saw, he is an absolute animal, and Real could've kept the score reasonable if one or two others had shown his fight after 2-0.

José has work to do to find a way to beat this Barcelona phenomenon. he may well still win the league of course; Mourinho has a habit of winning, especially against teams that are plainly of far less quality than his. but he will not have enjoyed last night in any way, and it will have hurt his ego, no matter what he says in front of the cameras. he'll be a confused person this morning as to what exactly went wrong with his team.

i think if he's honest with himself, he'll just realise that he came up against a team that, last night, were as close to unbeatable as a team will ever get.

and a last word for Senor Guardiola. the man is already a legend, obviously. but even watching him on the sidelines last night was a privilege. the way he kicked every ball. the way he made every tackle with his players. the way he trolled Ronaldo :pac: the way he remained as ever dignified in the post-match press conference.

he is the model modern football manager, and for Barca's sake let's hope he never leaves.

he's only been in management a couple of years, and he has got some of the best players in the world, but what he's done to that team, taking them to that higher level, instilling a never-say-quit attitude, and frightening work rate, fusing that with the natural footballing ability, well, it's been absolutely incredible, so he has to be considered one of, if not the, best in the world.

let the wánking continue. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

THFC wrote: »
    A bit rich coming from a United fan...

Even richer coming from a Spurs fan the ye'vein particular you) been shíteing on this season after winning a few games. Title challenge my anus.:pac:
    Ush1 wrote: »
    Please show me more clips of Messi diving, or do you really not watch him at all?

And lol @ diving anyway, he DID in fact get elbowed in the face and Carvalho should have been sent off.

I'm not gona go to the bother of YouTube for the likes of you.

His actual elbow was no where near his face, his tricep hit him and not very hard at that, proven by the 2 second delay for Messi to hit the ground.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

I think it's fair to say Barcelona are the Sligo Rovers of Spain at this stage

Emilio Butragueno, Penelope Cruz, Alfredo di Stefano, Julio Iglesias, General Franco! Can you hear me General Franco? Your boys took a hell of a beating! Your boys took a hell of a beating!

I'm not gona go to the bother of YouTube for the likes of you.

His actual elbow was no where near his face, his tricep hit him and not very hard at that, proven by the 2 second delay for Messi to hit the ground.;)

You're spouting sh*te.

You don't like Messi and Barca because they are better than Manchester United. I know Cristiano Ronaldo is your favourite son and all but just be honest, you might feel better.:)

You actually said I don't like them because alot of other people do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

All I can say is WOW. I didnt know how the game was going to go but boy this is some team. They are honestly the best team I have ever seen. Delighted with the result. This discussion about who is the best player in the world is now conclusively put to bed. Messi is just on a different planet to everyone else. Although he didnt score he was clearly the stand-out player on the pitch. Once again Ronaldo does fcuk all in the massive games. What a joy to watch this Barcelona side who are clearly the best team on the planet. Peps 100% record against Real goes on.

• Advertisement

I particularly enjoyed the passages of play in the 2nd half where Barca just toyed with Real. They were chasing shadows.

Lol and the Manyoo fanboys in here. Seriously lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Hilarious how some Liverpool fans in this thread are trying to make the result some sort of victory over Manchester United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Even richer coming from a Spurs fan the ye'vein particular you) been shíteing on this season after winning a few games. Title challenge my anus.:pac:

"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high... so high, in fact, that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."
    — Bill Nicholson OBE

We may aim high, but we do so with humility.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

THFC wrote: »
    "It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high... so high, in fact, that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."
    — Bill Nicholson OBE

We may aim high, but we do so with humility.

You do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Archimedes wrote: »
    Just simulated this match in Pro Evo.

It will be 1-1. Ozil for Madrid, Messi for Barcelona, but the match will be abandoned in the second half because my dinner was ready.
    Good news is after this I simulated the match with Fifa 11 and it was a 5-1 Barca victory, even though there was a period of interruption for my dinner it resumed after about 15 minutes so I think we can all rest assured the debate is over Pes is just not as good as Fifa 11 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Lads, the United related nonsense stops now.

it's incredibly tedious and off-topic.

wave those mickeys somewhere else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

There seems to be a lot of united fans hatin' on Barca... interesting.

It's odd. I think most of the Utd fans who hate on Barca are fellas who haven't been following football that long and have decided to support Ronaldo throughout his career. It's just bizarre.

The vast majority of Utd fans that I know prefer Barca to Real.
    Barca are far more likable than the Bernabeu bunch.

The only reason anyone could dislike Barca is the play-acting and cheating - but they are hardly the only ones who are at it. It's widespread, so it doesn't make sense to hate on them more than others.

Well done Barca. What a bitch-slapping. One of the all-time great performances.

I really wish some people would refrain from speaking about things that they know nothing about. Man United/Spurs etc shouldn't have any mention in a classico match thread FFS. And LOL @ Randolf. picks a picture of Messi handling the ball from 2 seasons ago, nice try. Enjoy your ban ;)

Barca last night were the epitomy of total football. It was so difficult to pick a MOTM as the whole team performed incredibly as a cohesive unit. Messi's long passing is scary. Delighted for Villa, maybe José might stop talking about him now for a while, though I doubt it.

Madrid were clueless and much like in the bigger WC games, Ozil disappeared. But so did his team mates in fairness.

The best team performance I've ever seen. Stunning.

Visca Barcelona.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Madrid were clueless and much like in the bigger WC games, Ozil disappeared. But so did his team mates in fairness.

The best team performance I've ever seen. Stunning.

Visca Barcelona.

Ozil, C.Ronaldo and Di Maria do not put in enough meaningful tackles in that sort of game. I'm still shocked Jose played them all together.

If you're going to do the kicking thing, at least do it properly. Arbeloa should have started ahead of Marcelo. Lass should have started ahead of Khedeira(too slow for Barcas midfielders).

He should have went with just Benz up top, Ozil just in behind and C.Ronaldo on the right wing, Marcelo on the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Thanks again Mogz. With Xavi ,Iniesta back to full fitness+other factors Mourinho was not going to stifle the Barca flow again.Sweet payback and great for total Team Football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

SlickRic wrote: »
    after watching that last night i feel compelled to give my 2c...

i started the game wanting Real to win. honestly. it's the first time in a few years that has happened. after Barca's arrogance during the summer with regards the Cesc stuff in particular, i wanted them to be taken down a peg or 2. and i, like many, have a bit of a man-crush on José.

so at 8pm last night, i was set for a tight spectacle; one similar to Barca v Inter in the Champions League last year; where it's the pace and precision of Barca, up against the 'us against the world, never-say-die, workaholic' Mourinho's Madrid. and with Ronaldo up top, i thought they could nick it.

many Barca fans were worried about this game.

how wrong we all were.

i don't say this lightly; i've watched a lot of football in my time. i've seen the Barcelona Dream Team. i've seen Arsenal's Incredibles. i've seen Milan's early 90s juggernaut. i've seen United's Treble winners. i've seen Madrid's Galacticos. i've seen France 98-2000. i've seen Mourinho's Chelsea battering ram, and i've seen Ronaldinho's Barca.

but last night was quite possibly the greatest team performance i've ever witnessed. i certainly can't remember a better one off the top of my head.

Puyol was bullish and rock solid. Pique was his composed self. Xavi and Iniesta were mesmerising. Messi was taking the píss half the time, and Villa was a trojan work horse with no lack of skill and clinical finishing prowess.

but that's only the individuals. this team's great quality is the fact that it is greater than the sum of it's parts. the philosophy, when it comes off like last night, is simply beautiful, and most importantly, quite plainly, unstoppable. for 30 minutes of the first half, and 20 minutes of the second, Barca were unplayable. i hate that word, but it's as accurate a description as i can come up with. they were as close to unplayable as a team can ever hope to get.

within 30 minutes of the start, when, remember, i had wanted a Madrid win; it became quite obvious that i wanted the football to win out. i wanted so much to hate Barca last night; their superiority complex, their arrogance, their fúcking DNA...but i just couldn't. the football was just that good.

the vast majority of people hate a wánkfest. this forum has fawned over Barca for the last couple of years, and it does get up people's noses, because the players have exhibited an heir of arrogance about them at times, that makes it tough to want to praise them.

but Barca fans, wánk away. after last night, it is completely deserved.

for what it's worth, on Real's side, i thought Pepe was outstanding. i've always gone along with this stereotype that's followed him that he's a loose cannon, and not reliable enough. but from what i saw, he is an absolute animal, and Real could've kept the score reasonable if one or two others had shown his fight after 2-0.

José has work to do to find a way to beat this Barcelona phenomenon. he may well still win the league of course; Mourinho has a habit of winning, especially against teams that are plainly of far less quality than his. but he will not have enjoyed last night in any way, and it will have hurt his ego, no matter what he says in front of the cameras. he'll be a confused person this morning as to what exactly went wrong with his team.

i think if he's honest with himself, he'll just realise that he came up against a team that, last night, were as close to unbeatable as a team will ever get.

and a last word for Senor Guardiola. the man is already a legend, obviously. but even watching him on the sidelines last night was a privilege. the way he kicked every ball. the way he made every tackle with his players. the way he trolled Ronaldo :pac: the way he remained as ever dignified in the post-match press conference.

he is the model modern football manager, and for Barca's sake let's hope he never leaves.

he's only been in management a couple of years, and he has got some of the best players in the world, but what he's done to that team, taking them to that higher level, instilling a never-say-quit attitude, and frightening work rate, fusing that with the natural footballing ability, well, it's been absolutely incredible, so he has to be considered one of, if not the, best in the world.

let the wánking continue. :pac:

Bender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Bender.

Pot meet Kettle. ;)

You don't have a leg to stand on after your comment in the superthread yesterday. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Anyone have a link to some of the highlights of last nights game? Not just the goals, would like to see the whole Ronaldo - Pep incident too! Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Excellent post by Slick Ric and I have to say I went through the exact same as him as regards wanting Real to win and changing because of the football that was on display.

• Advertisement

Ya I think it was good for the game that Barca won. It justifies the way they play the game and is as close to perfection as you will see. Beauty won over the beast last night and football emerged as the real winner. Thank God Messi is only 23 as he will be around for another 10 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Anyone have a link to some of the highlights of last nights game? Not just the goals, would like to see the whole Ronaldo - Pep incident too! Cheers.

http://www.footylounge.com/films//barcelona-real-madrid-highlights-29112010/barcelona-5-0-real-madrid-november-29-2010-video_48e0a834b.html#

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Did Real expect to finish with 11 men with madmen like Pepe, Carvalho and Ramos? Pepe played well, but the other two made up for his discipline. Arbeloa helped out when he came on too. It wasn't as bad as the singling out Messi a couple of years ago, but even when teams come and rough up Barcelona, they get nothing...

Aside from the mickey waving about Messi and elbows or triceps or biceps or funny bones imacting sides of cheeks or dives, I'd have much more anger for what Carvalho did for the handball.

Glorious football, passes, terrific 30 metre through ball, Bojan (?) in on goal and he deliberately handles it...and gets away with it. :mad: :(

Saw there that Barca had a pass accuracy rating of close to 90%. Xavi had a 94% accuracy rating with 114 passes - phenomenal stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

For all the skill they showed last night, the one thing thats getting little mention so far is Barca's workrate last night. It was phenomenal, as it usually is. They wanted it more than Madrid last night. You don't get to do all the sublime things they did last night by accident, it takes a serious amount of closing down and work off the ball.

Jose found out a lot about his players last night, I doubt his two full backs for a start will be first choice starters next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

This thread is a perfect illustration of the need for separate club forums. It's up to the neck in spiteful (mostly Man U as far as I can tell) fans, and why?

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

I've only seen the highlights and the goals were fantastic. Messi's ball for teh fourth was unreal. I want to watch the match in full but haven't found it yet.

Myself, I like neither Barca or Real. I did like Barca for a long time but the way they have conducted themselves over the last while hasn't been pretty. With the sprinklergate last season when they lost to Inter, that showed bad losers. The way they've gone about with Fabregas. That is one reason I don't like Real and I use to think that Barca didn't behave that way but now they're at it too. Pep getting involved with throwing the ball away and getting Ronaldo booked, I didn't think much of that. What I do like about Barca is the way they try to get their home grown players through and dislike the way Real simply buy any player they want. They can get great players and because of the amount of great players they have, they can't all play and we see the end of certain great players (for a while anyway). Look at Snjeider, Van De Vart, Kaka (although he's injured but which player will vanish when he's back or will it be Kaka himself) and I'm sure there's more but I'm not going to think about that.

But yet, I still watch either Barca or Real playing. Why, well matches like yesterday. Seeing great players playing. The football. Seeing players like Iniesta, Xavi, Alonso, Messi, Ronaldo, Villa, Kaka, Ozil and many other fantastically gifted players playing.

This thread seriously sucks. I came on here today expecting to hear about the match and seriously, it was mainly Ronaldo bashing, Spurs somehow got a mention which is beyond me why the fcuk they were mentioned in here at all, Mourinho bashing. Somehow United v everybody else.

If people don't like either Barca or Real, fair enough but jesus, talk football.

There should be a thread set up titled "vent out your hate against so and so team" and leave the match threads to be about football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

SlickRic wrote: »

i don't say this lightly; i've watched a lot of football in my time.

Agree it was special. The football was magnificent and mesmerising to watch.

For me, AC Milan early 90s had more speed. Different style but up there with Barca in terms of standard of performance.

I'm around long enough to remember Brazil 1970.
    Nothing betters them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Just watched the game again there on Sky, i could watch that over and over, some performance, Real just weren't given any time on the ball the few times they had it, they couldn't get into a rythm (sp?). Anyone know where i'd find a torrent to download the match from?

Advertisement