Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Greens are gone - Election imminent.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

touts wrote: »
    According to Newstalk Healy-Rae is gone now. It won't even last until January.

If only he were really gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Disgraceful that he's taking this moment to become an absolute attention seeker if he does not support the budget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

The politics of failure have failed!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Rabidlamb wrote: »
    JHR vote was required to pass budget.
    They have nothing to give him now so he's gone.
    Lowry won't be far behind.

Budget wont pass.
    They might try and quickly do something for him just to keep him onside just long enough.
    Lord knows they are masters at it.
    As for JHR, it probably a last ditch attempt at trying to promote himself for self/son gain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

touts wrote: »
    According to Newstalk Healy-Rae is gone now. It won't even last until January.

His goose is over-cooked with a lot of Greens, and the gravy train's been derailed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

hondasam wrote: »
    Always be proud to be Irish. The Irish are very well liked all over the world and we will not be judged on our leaders.

Enjoy New Zealand:)

Do what I'm doing lads and look to our past leaders fro re-assurance that we can govern ourselves.

I'm currently reading "A Path To Freedom", a collection of essays by Michael Collins.

Online version here:

http://generalmichaelcollins.com/pages/Path_to_Freedom.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Is Eamon Ryan pulling back from this?

On RTE he sounds like a total idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Any info on ""Dept. of Finance laptop stolen during scuffle outside Dáil"

Sorry looks like a Twitter Joke

No F-ing Way! "Dept. of Finance laptop stolen during scuffle outside Dáil" http://bit.ly/9OR2di

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

[OT]
    gambiaman wrote: »
    I agree about Spain.
    I think Portugal will be inevitable and then Spain which will completely expose the disaster the Euro is.
    Ireland's bailout/more billions of burden is simply kicking that can down the road.
    Yep that's defo a major concern and one take on why we've been pressured to take the bailout now, to quieten the markets. If we had left it until next year to go looking for cash(which we could have done) Spain, Portugal and Italy would look more vulnerable. As it is they're in a bit of state. Portugal is the next likely one to get pushed IMH. If it does an Ireland or worse a Greece, Spain would follow as they're very bound up in each others finances. The euro would be in serious trouble. Then again it's my firm conviction that the euro was a helluva chunk of the reasons we and the other nations above are in this state. Not all, but a lot of it. [OT/]

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

Is Eamon Ryan pulling back from this?

On RTE he sounds like a total idiot.
    He's a dithering smarmy cúnt.

Edit: and now JHR is on. "howaru du du well well yera dera"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Biggins wrote: »
    As for JHR, it probably a last ditch attempt at trying to promote himself for self/son gain.
    If there ever was a perfect example of Irish parish pump gobsheen politics that pair and those who elected them are it.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Listening to Jackie Healy-Rae on RTE Radio 1... I don't have a clue what he's saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Boomhower from King of the Hill springs to mind.........

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Gigiwagga

Wibbs wrote: »
    If there ever was a perfect example of Irish parish pump gobsheen politics that pair and those who elected them are it.

WHAAA!!! not Jackie NAAHHH!!!, don't do it Jackie, jesus, hold on man......................anything.......we'll do a..n..y..t..h..i..n..g to have you stay on side, you ARE a valuable input in the nations struggle for survival. NAAAHHHH!!!! Jackie say it's not true.

Oh and lovely Lowery pleeeassse stay we neeeed youuuuu!!! more than ever

BAAAHHHHHH!!!!!! blub blub,...snort....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Terry wrote: »
    Here's to the FG/Labour coalition.
    It's not perfect, but it's less corrupt.
    Vegeta wrote: »
    That would make a great campaign poster :D

http://omg.wthax.org/Untitled_2_13.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭MySelf56

Honestly, IS THIS MEANS AM I NOT GOING TO GET MY FREE CHEESE????!!! :-(

Increasingly possible election before Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Increasingly possible election before Christmas.

I think so too.

this is going to be a long day and night

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭friendface

Do you think a pre-Christmas election is in the best interest of the country or is it inevitable at this stage that a general election be called before the budget is voted on. If the greens, JHR and Lowry and a number of back-benchers have already announced they will not support the budget, then is there really any point in proceeding with the planned schedule over the next few weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Hill Bicks

jd007 wrote: »

:D Class. its funny cos its true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,748 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Silence is deafening from FF ministers this afternoon, over two hours into this story - Cowen may not survive the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭themadhair

Mark200 wrote: »
    If Gilmore isn't allowed make any decisions, then sure. He sure can give charismatic, vague, fact-less speeches.
    The addition of charisma minus the bare-faced lying would be a definite improvement imo.

Some FF plant on Joe Duffy.

Making me incredibly angry.

This is the typical ignorant bafooon.

Making me angry.

Making me angry.

YOU WON'T LIKE ME WHEN I'M ANGRY! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Making me angry.

Are you still likeable when you're angry? :eek:

Edit: Damn you friendface!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

Morlar wrote: »
    Fcuk them.

+1

May we soon finally be free of these wankers that have blighted us for far too long.

Here is Brian Cowen's FB page.

I urge any FB users to flag this page as offensive, and when giving a reason, select 'Theft and Vandalism' from the FB options given.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Making me angry.

Same here. Shouting everyone else down, saying we 'shouldn't play the blame game'. Is he serious?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

Speaking of Germany, I seen an interesting picture of the president doing a familiar salute, could it be a sign of things to come?

http://breakingnews.ie/world/germany-closes-reichstag-amid-security-concerns-482755.html

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Speaking of Germany, I seen an interesting picture of the president doing a familiar salute, could it be a sign of things to come?

http://breakingnews.ie/world/germany-closes-reichstag-amid-security-concerns-482755.html

:pac:

Cowen couldn't raise his hand that far without a burger or a pint in it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

friendface wrote: »
    Do you think a pre-Christmas election is in the best interest of the country or is it inevitable at this stage that a general election be called before the budget is voted on. If the greens, JHR and Lowry and a number of back-benchers have already announced they will not support the budget, then is there really any point in proceeding with the planned schedule over the next few weeks?

There is nothing set in stone that says the budget must be on Dec 7th.
    The burden/bailout money is still there - the EU/ECB forced this on Ireland to stave off Portugal going under then Spain (which will still happen) they aren't going to take it away.

Howvere, an election within 3 weeks will give a mandate to the next govt who can then produce the budget and the 4 year plan.
    It is literally only weeks in the difference.
    I do not want the crooks who got us here making any more decisions for this country. They have no mandate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

If the Greens do get wiped out completely, I won't be sorry to see the back of Gormley but I will feel a bit of sympathy for Trevor Sargent. He was a much better leader of that party than Gormley ever was.
    Lenihan and Bruton should get together and form a new right wing party. They are the only people in their current parties who people respect.

I'd say a lot of people respect James Reilly.

gambiaman wrote: »
    There is nothing set in stone that says the budget must be on Dec 7th.
    The burden/bailout money is still there - the EU/ECB forced this on Ireland to stave off Portugal going under then Spain (which will still happen) they aren't going to take it away.

Howvere, an election within 3 weeks will give a mandate to the next govt who can then produce the budget and the 4 year plan.
    It is literally only weeks in the difference.
    I do not want the crooks who got us here making any more decisions for this country. They have no mandate.

I'd love to see an election before a budget is decided upon as well. I don't want to see the next government being able to shirk responsibility for decisions taken prior to their coming into power.

Looks like Lowry is now saying he will support a budget in the national interest

Joe Duffy is having a Fianna Fail broadcast.

Having a poll about the Fianna Fail leader? wtf?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

I will feel a bit of sympathy for Trevor Sargent. .

I won't .
    Double taxation bin tax.

Thanks Trevor

My turn now.

• Advertisement

marcsignal wrote: »
    Here is Brian Cowen's FB page.

I urge any FB users to flag this page as offensive, and when giving a reason, select 'Theft and Vandalism' from the FB options given.

Some interesting comments on there:
    you bastard , you sold us out ! I hope you die of a pain in the morning ! People DIED to claim Ireland independent! And now you go and ruin it all ! **** YOU , YOU AND YOUR FAMILY SHUOLD&WILL SUFFER GREATLY! You think your so high and mighty but nobody likes you Cowen , and people will get you . TIOCFAIDH AR LA ! SAOIR...SE IN EIREANN GO BRACH ! Tiocfaidh e ! Its reasons like you we shuold have a death penalty , i pray a plague of death hits you and your family you fat , ignorant ugly BASTARD ! I speak for all my fellow patriotic irish people who are in the same state of mind as me , i have so much more to say but i haven't got the time . Go die in a cave Brian, cause when you do i'm gonna dance on your grave .

He'd have to pretty unlucky to die of a pain, die of a plague AND die in a cave.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

Does this mean in febuary we'll be able to buy drink in an off licence after 10 o clock??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Kettle316 wrote: »
    Does this mean in febuary we'll be able to buy drink in an off licence after 10 o clock??

Only if you've planned to emigrate before then.

Maybe if we all write nice letters to Enda Kenny and Éamon Gilmore they'll let us when they get into power.

LOL ....at Aengus Ó Snodaigh at the front of Sinn Fein demo at the Dail

go on the Garda Síochána !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Bad form... Not his families fault they're related to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

DominoDub wrote: »
    LOL ....at Aengus Ó Snodaigh at the front of Sinn Fein demo at the Dail

go on the Garda Síochána !

Who was that Garda motorcycle nut? Talk about needing to calm fcuking down. In fairness to the other Gardai, they seemed pretty calm and unprovocative in their actions during that clip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

What about the head shops? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Who was that Garda motorcycle nut? Talk about needing to calm fcuking down. In fairness to the other Gardai, they seemed pretty calm and unprovocative in their actions during that clip.

Imagine watching that in the UK. Some nut in a high vis with a helmet on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

He'd have to pretty unlucky to die of a pain, die of a plague AND die in a cave.

Hey! Cave plague hurts!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Copper23

This reeks of what the PD's did last time around....

Saving their own ass... not making any clear moves, not backing the gorvernment and not going against them...

All thais is now is to feel the waters... if they think they can hold out a bit longer with FF they will stay on, if they think they ca jump on the oppositions bandwagon and get in again they will do that... but right no, no clear leadership... just all out to suit themselves and not the country...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Since the Greens are now on their way out, I'm going to chop a few trees down, slaughter a sheep and have a massive outdoor barbecue.While I'm at it, I might leave the central heating on full balst 24/7, keep the taps running, have hourly power showers and burn the mountain bike.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

DominoDub wrote: »
    Feck - that was some goings on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Excellent work once again by AGS.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement