Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Irish still playing?

Options
  • 22-11-2010 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hey,
    I've been playing this game for ages now but I never got into the Clan side of things or played with people on Teamspeak etc.

I think it would be more fun if I squaded up with some fellow Irish and played.
    I think BC2 is a great game, I hate COD.

Anyway if there is anyone else that would like to start playing in a few squads add me in game or leave your BC2 in game name in this thread.

Cheers :D
    Mine is: HeinekenGreen

**EDIT: This is on the PC only, Not the XBOX..

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've stopped until we get the new maps and Vietnam, with CoD:Black Ops as a distraction in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

I actually bought cod bo today, don't think i'll be playing a lot of it tbh. Played for an hour or so, wasn't too impressed although I'll wait until I unlock some guns before I make up my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

im still playing feel free to add me as a buddy ..... SpookyD

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

As spearman said, its a nice distraction at the minute Black ops, i notice a HUGE DOWNLOAD for BFBC2...2,550.7mb or 2.5GB..hope its something nice!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    As spearman said, its a nice distraction at the minute Black ops, i notice a HUGE DOWNLOAD for BFBC2...2,550.7mb or 2.5GB..hope its something nice!

It's map pack 7 and Vietnam.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I'm still playing a bit at weekends normally. I'm 5USPECT

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

I play a bit too. Had taken a break for a couple of months as it sort of went stale.

Played a few games last night, only new map I played was Harvest Day. Cool map, but the start of it is a bit of a sniper fest. (on rush)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭cypharius

I want to play, but it seems the game doesn't want me to. Each game I get is ridiculously unbalanced, I keep ending up in games with 3 other people.

GT: Cypharius add me if you don't mind playing with an average team player.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Few TIG back playing again since the release of the new "Oldskool BF Sized Maps" and the impending Vietnam, with oldskool BFV maps, one at least.

Feel free to join our TS, details on the site http://www.theirishguard.com.

I'd be on TS only my headset decided to stop working for no valid reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Maybe its your ears that have given up?

TheFairy wrote: »
    Maybe its your ears that have given up?

its the mic thats broke...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Ya playing again now with the release of the new maps. Had a good long sessions tonight with the rest of my fellow TiGGers :). The new maps are pretty fun. love heavy metal and how huge it is. Can't wait to play the new vietnam maps - have it pre-order already!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭lahcen86

I think the new aps are fairly descent. Oasis is prob my fav, love the sprawling city buildings to roam around. Name is Soul[+]Assassin BC2, add me as im yet to come a across any fellow irish players. :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

When is this new mappack out? Is it for xbox, and is it free?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 wattbulb

I added all the people who posted their in game name and sent the request. I'm not 100% sure if the friends list works in the game though.

If none of you receive a friends request from me then I guess its not working

And yes, the new maps are free. I'm not sure if they are out on the XBOX though.
    It's funky maps that where used in battlefield 1 that the players loved so much that DICE decided to port them over into BC2

Lenny wrote: »
    When is this new mappack out? Is it for xbox, and is it free?

It's free, as long as have a VIP code, i.e. didn't buy it second hand. And it's out last Thursday.

wattbulb wrote: »
    I added all the people who posted their in game name and sent the request. I'm not 100% sure if the friends list works in the game though.

If none of you receive a friends request from me then I guess its not working

And yes, the new maps are free. I'm not sure if they are out on the XBOX though.
    It's funky maps that where used in battlefield 1 that the players loved so much that DICE decided to port them over into BC2

You mean Bad Company 1 ;)

Though I'd love to see Sharqui & Karkand from BF2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

I still prefare BF2 - Karkand and Jalalabad. Played online this week - there's still plenty of servers out there.

I could never get into BC. Maybe I'll give it another chance.

I still prefare BF2 - Karkand and Jalalabad. Played online this week - there's still plenty of servers out there.

I could never get into BC. Maybe I'll give it another chance.

Just take BC2 for what it is - its not a true BF game, more of an off-shoot.

Maps are fairly small (apart form a couple of the new ones), no planes, no commander mode, no order / objective system, no chain of command etc etc

Its a shiny, good looking shooter, thats fun.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Spear wrote: »
    It's free, as long as have a VIP code, i.e. didn't buy it second hand. And it's out last Thursday.

I have the game since new, so does a friend.. don't see it on the market place for the xbox, is it there?

I have the game since new, so does a friend.. don't see it on the market place for the xbox, is it there?

I'm not that familiar with the XBox arrangements, but the update should have been automatic. It should be just a matter of joining a server running the maps.

strange, when I went to the "store" in game i got prompted. thanks

strange, when I went to the "store" in game i got prompted. thanks

I think I realise where I went wrong. The maps were released to coincide with a patch on the PC, but the XBox edition didn't get the same patch. That would explain why you don't get a prompt for a title update, since there isn't one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Add me (shootermacg), but don't follow me, I have a knack of driving over mines, sitting on C4 and hanging out in air strikes. I also like to back into knives!

True, but you good at riding shotgun m8....saved me many a time and always on hand with AMMO.

Never fookin pick me up in a bleedin chopper.....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

If you see me driving a jeep, don't jump in, or you'll die when I exit it :P

=-=

Loving the new maps - nice and big. Hoping the 'Nam maps are awesomely huge, with planes, and choppas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭BornIn84

hey..im still playing alot...my name is The New Guy...its on PC..everyone PC??

Oh we're all very PC around here :p:D

• Advertisement

Most of us here are on PC, but the game is not as popular as it was at launch. Should be alot of activity the weekend with the new "CHICKEN BALLS" DLC going live....:D

I will be on for a good session tonite with my crew of 2....shooter and dubs ;) with dubs using his mobile for the internet....lol :eek:

Advertisement