Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C# DVD A DVD error

Options
  • 22-11-2010 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    please forgive me Im new to C# and have identified a defect with a program I wrote.
    the app reads a CD\DVD and generates an MD5 checksum of the contents, and this info can be used at a later stage to verify the disk.

the defect I have discovered is during the verification, upon testing the first disk all is grand,
    however if I enter a second disk (same ISO burned on a different disk) the operation runs allot faster,
    and does not appear to actually read the media device, so I took the second disk and scratched it to the point where I cannot copy from it, and followed the above and it "reads" the data and passed.
    however if I load a different disk and run a verification of the scratched disk the process correctly fails.

Any guidance would be appreciated

Advertisement