Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rocky Road to Dublin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Wednesday

8 miles w/4 @ HM Pace

2.5 miles warm up
    Avg Pace: 8:59
    Avg HR: 145

4 miles @ 7:46, 7:48, 7:50, 7:32
    Avg Pace: 7:44
    Avg HR: 154

1.56 miles warm down
    Avg Pace: 9:00
    Avg HR: 154

Back to work tomorrow so got out mid morning for this run. Happy with this run and the pace for the LT part of it. Parts of it were tough especially with the wind but ploughed on through.

Month|Miles
    January|13.09
    Total|13.09

Thursday

9 mile General Aerobic Run

9.17 miles in 1:24:54
    Avg Pace: 9:16
    Avg HR: 142

First time doing back to back days in a while and a significant increase in distance. Legs felt a bit dead after yesterday but kept plugging on and got there in the end.

Rest day tomorrow.

Month|Miles
    January|22.26
    Total|22.26

Saturday

12 mile LSR

11.39 miles in 1:46:13
    Avg Pace: 9:20
    Avg HR: 140

Just over 6 mile loop through the war memorial gardens and back to collect a couple more. Did another loop inside the park and finished up the Kyber. Slightly shorter than planned and too much to make up running around the car park :)

Never really enjoyed this run for some reason. Bit of a niggle on inside of right ankle but this week was all about getting back into a plan and building up the weekly mileage again.

Month|Miles
    January|33.65
    Total|33.65

Sunday

4 mile recovery run

4.03 miles in 39:43
    Avg Pace: 9:51
    Avg HR: 139

Nice recovery run to finish off the week. Ankle fine tonight. Just ambled around the locality, even up a dead end at one stage.

37.68 miles for the week.

Month|Miles
    January|37.68
    Total|37.68

Monday

Rest Day

5.68 miles in 51:55
    Avg Pace: 9:09
    Avg HR: 137

The plan which I'm kinda of following which is either week 2 of a 12 week marathon plan or week 2 of an 18 week marathon both called for a rest day.
    Got a text this afternoon from my PT about going for a run so headed out for a run and a chat. Lovely evening for it.

Will get back on week 2 of either the 12 or 18 week plan tomorrow :)

Month|Miles
    January|43.36
    Total|43.36

• Advertisement

Monday

Rest Day

5.68 miles in 51:55
    Avg Pace: 9:09

The plan which I'm kinda of following which is either week 2 of a 12 week marathon plan or week 2 of an 18 week marathon both called for a rest day.
    Got a text this afternoon from my PT about going for a run so headed out for a run and a chat. Lovely evening for it.

Will get back on week 2 of either the 12 or 18 week plan tomorrow :)

Month|Miles
    January|43.36
    Total|43.36

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Plenty of mileage there P, how's the body after DCM?

Mr Slow wrote: »
    Plenty of mileage there P, how's the body after DCM?

All has been fine touchwood but was only running 2-3 times a week for Nov-Dec.

Last week was first full weeks training but went ok.

Any progress yourself?

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Any progress yourself?

Softly softly catchy monkey! ;)

I hope to be back to full strength by March, touch wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Any progress yourself?

Softly softly catchy monkey! ;)

I hope to be back to full strength by March, touch wood.

I suppose your part time job for Limerick tourism must be helping alieviate the boredom.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Last week was first full weeks training but went ok.

Nice running P. What's the aim - Kildare full?

shazkea wrote: »
    Nice running P. What's the aim - Kildare full?

Probably at the moment. Was think of Connemara last week but am down in Galway at a wedding the week before and my lads golf trip may also be the week of Conn so that has taken a back seat.

Have 5 weddings this year (all on wifes side), so lots of hens as well :mad:

At the moment Kildare looks like it is fine from a time point of view.

Really must do up a plan one of these days.

Probably at the moment. Was think of Connemara last week but am down in Galway at a wedding the week before and my lads golf trip may also be the week of Conn so that has taken a back seat.

Have 5 weddings this year (all on wifes side), so lots of hens as well :mad:

At the moment Kildare looks like it is fine from a time point of view.

Really must do up a plan one of these days.

Limerick? The sub 4 pacers are the business!;)

Limerick? The sub 4 pacers are crocked ;)

FYP

FYP

I believe in Karma so I'll just let it take care of you!

I believe in Karma so I'll just let it take care of you!

Is there a thread open on the race? Just looked at the course. Seems flat enough?? or what is the route like?

Is there a thread open on the race? Just looked at the course. Seems flat enough?? or what is the route like?

It's a touch undulating but that's good, it lets you use other muscles on the run. Everything slopes down to the Shannon and what goes up.....

Great Limerick Run Thread

Tuesday

8 mile General Aerobic Run w/10x100m strides

9.06 miles in 1:21:41
    Avg Pace: 9:01
    Avg HR: 140

Did roughly 7.5 miles which brought me back near base and then did the strides followed by .3 miles back home. Felt good during this run considering it was 4th day in a row. Rest day tomorrow.

Month|Miles
    January|52.42
    Total|52.42

Great another one onboard for Limerick then.

Mr Slow you need to go work for their PR department ;)

Great another one onboard for Limerick then.

Mr Slow you need to go work for their PR department ;)

If Mr Slow can get the route directed through Moyross & South Hill I'm in. Anything to give you the auld HTFU :)

• Advertisement

If Mr Slow can get the route directed through Moyross & South Hill I'm in. Anything to give you the auld HTFU :)

You don't want to make it to the finish then?

You don't want to make it to the finish then?

Nah it's not that - he just wants to ensure he PB's on the race and running through those lovely areas will certainly increase the pace.

P, bit of advice wear your Dublin or Leinster jersey and you'll be guaranteed that PB...if you survive :D

Nah it's not that - he just wants to ensure he PB's on the race and running through those lovely areas will certainly increase the pace.

P, bit of advice wear your Dublin or Leinster jersey and you'll be guaranteed that PB...if you survive :D

Yeh I was thinking if it went through here around the 20 mile mark the wall would be the least of your worries :eek:

Yeh I was thinking if it went through here around the 20 mile mark the wall would be the least of your worries :eek:

You could do a Top Gear and have anti Scumbag messages on your top like 'Your Mother is monogamous' or 'Your Father has a job':D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Can someone tell Vagga he needs a new pair of trousers?! ;)

claralara wrote: »

Haha you were the one that commented on his probable whereabouts last Sat morning :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

claralara wrote: »

He must have lost them in the same place where Digger seems to have lost his :eek:;)

Thursday

7.11 miles in 1:06:09
    Avg Pace: 9:18
    Max HR: 159

Spent rest day doing up a plan on a spreadsheet and realised the runs I was doing this week are actually next weeks plan :rolleyes:

Rather than do an 8 mile GA run this evening I decided to do some hill repeats and try and find out what my max HR was. Was to try and guage more during this program by HR as well as pace.

Did about 2.5 miles warm up to the top of the biggest hill locally. Hill is approx 400m long so I broke it down into 4 sections approx. Did 5 reps of various distances and let gravity take me downhill. Only aim of these was to push to the limit, run as quick as I could and see the result.

Max HR measured was 159 despite reaching a pace of 5:32 at one stage on what is a fairly steep hill.

Will have to look back at races etc from last year and see what was shown back then. Seems very low regardless.

Month|Miles
    January|59.53
    Total|59.53

Thursday

7.11 miles in 1:06:09
    Avg Pace: 9:18
    Max HR: 159

Spent rest day doing up a plan on a spreadsheet and realised the runs I was doing this week are actually next weeks plan :rolleyes:

Rather than do an 8 mile GA run this evening I decided to do some hill repeats and try and find out what my max HR was. Was to try and guage more during this program by HR as well as pace.

Did about 2.5 miles warm up to the top of the biggest hill locally. Hill is approx 400m long so I broke it down into 4 sections approx. Did 5 reps of various distances and let gravity take me downhill. Only aim of these was to push to the limit, run as quick as I could and see the result.

Max HR measured was 159 despite reaching a pace of 5:32 at one stage on what is a fairly steep hill.

Will have to look back at races etc from last year and see what was shown back then. Seems very low regardless.

Month|Miles
    January|59.53
    Total|59.53

You lose a beat a year on average so going by the average that would make you about 53 years old, if so then you're abut right :D:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

You lose a beat a year on average so going by the average that would make you about 53 years old, if so then you're abut right :D:pac:

Going by the 'standard' 220-Age, that would actually make him 61. :D

However the 220-Age formula is a crap one and it just does not fit with so many people (on both the low and high side). For example on the 220-age formula Woddle is 10 years old :p

Advertisement