Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rocky Road to Dublin

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Monday

10.08 @ 9:03 pace HR 141

Longish run for the week got put off till last night. After how I felt most of the day from the night before it was a shock to me that this went so well.

Month|Miles
    January|142.97
    February|106.12
    March|44.40
    April|84.88
    May|86.84
    June|31
    Total|496.20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Have you made any plans for Enniscorthy yet? ;)

claralara wrote: »
    Have you made any plans for Enniscorthy yet? ;)

I think I head down the N11 is that correct? ;)

I presume you will be looking after your guests with some of that chocolate biscuit cake you mention you got the recipe for :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

pistol_75 wrote: »
    I think I head down the N11 is that correct? ;)

I presume you will be looking after your guests with some of that chocolate biscuit cake you mention you got the recipe for :D

Yeah straight down the N11 will get you there. Just remember Enniscorthy is not FLAT.

And leave our strawberries alone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Yeah straight down the N11 will get you there. Just remember Enniscorthy is not FLAT.

I discovered this recently :(

• Advertisement

Mr Slow wrote: »

I discovered this recently :(

That's why I'm hoping to do Dunshaughlin the day before and do this as a long run ;-)

Wednesday

2 mile w/u @ 9:21 pace HR 130

5x800m w/400m recovery

3:26 HR 142
    3:29 HR 149
    3:27 HR 150
    3:27 HR 149
    3:24 HR 145

2 mile w/d @ 9:32 HR 132

7.8 miles total for session

Missed club session last night with a visit to Temple St. Got the little man sorted although pretty wrecked today.

Headed out myself this evening to do the session they did last night. Legs and body felt tired during the warm up but got through it ok. Definitely a lot harder to do by yourself than with a group.

Month|Miles
    January|142.97
    February|106.12
    March|44.40
    April|84.88
    May|86.84
    June|38.8
    Total|504

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Children just don't get how important running is. ;)
    Glad to hear the little man is okay.

Thursday

4 mile @ 9:32 pace HR 131

Recovery run before the match yesterday evening. The less said about the match the better.

Month|Miles
    January|142.97
    February|106.12
    March|44.40
    April|84.88
    May|86.84
    June|42.8
    Total|508

Saturday

13.03 miles @ 9:08 pace HR 140

Long run this morning. Not much sleep last night and wilted badly last few miles. Not good. Hopefully it is just lack of sleep last few nights.

Month|Miles
    January|142.97
    February|106.12
    March|44.40
    April|84.88
    May|86.84
    June|55.83
    Total|521.03

• Advertisement

Monday

5.08 miles @ 9:19 pace HR 134

Nice slow few miles last night. Legs were pretty unresponsive for the first few miles so badly needed. Rain came with about a mile to go which was lovely until an attack came from a seagull :eek: Was a scary one last night just couldn't outrun him. His last swoop came within a few feet I reckon. Had to stop and walk to make sure he called off his assault.

Won't be finishing up with that route again for a while. Gave the legs a good battering of the grid then and feel much better this morning.

Month|Miles
    January|142.97
    February|106.12
    March|44.40
    April|84.88
    May|86.84
    June|60.91
    Total|526.11

This isn't your first attack from a seagull. Maybe he was trying to pace you. You might end up owing your next PB to him ;)

Did you get my pm from a few weeks ago?

jcsmum wrote: »
    This isn't your first attack from a seagull. Maybe he was trying to pace you. You might end up owing your next PB to him ;)

Did you get my pm from a few weeks ago?

He certainly upped the pace for me anyway. I noticed this morning I went from 9:30ish pach to 4:40 at some point. Not sure the seagull would have 26.2 miles in him though :) Yep they always seem to attack during breeding season so will have to keep an eye out for the next while.

I got your message alright. Thanks for that. Nothing booked yet so don't know what is happening :(

Yep they always seem to attack during breeding season

Time to change your aftershave methinks! :D

Tuesday

1.43 miles @ 8:45 pace HR 129

4x1K w/2 min rest

4:26 HR 144
    4:26 HR 146
    4:27 HR 144
    4:26 HR 147

2.05 miles @ 9:04 pace HR 136

Club session last night which involved 1K intervals on grass. Happy enough as was not feeling wonderful before it but held slightly quicker than target pace for the 4 intervals. Will be in the Dunshaughlin area on Saturday so signed up for the 10K. Sure what else would ye be doing of a Saturday evening.

Month|Miles
    January|142.97
    February|106.12
    March|44.40
    April|84.88
    May|86.84
    June|67.12
    Total|532.32

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

So what you aiming for in Dunshaughlin? And will you be bringing the seagull to keep up the pace?:D

chinguetti wrote: »
    So what you aiming for in Dunshaughlin? And will you be bringing the seagull to keep up the pace?:D

Sub 50 :D Too far inland for the seagull. Is Puddins available to deputise?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Sub 50 :D Too far inland for the seagull. Is Puddins available to deputise?

I'll ask him but he'll probably be watching the racing and the hurling. He's afraid to watch matches when i'm around as i shout at the telly and he doesn't like that. :D

Wednesday

6.57 miles @ 8:56 pace HR 134

Nice run with a few people from the club tonight. New route for me with a couple of nice hills. Won't be out again now before 2 races at weekend.

Month|Miles
    January|142.97
    February|106.12
    March|44.40
    April|84.88
    May|86.84
    June|73.69
    Total|538.89

Saturday

Dunshaughlin 10K in 45:26

Avg Pace 7:18
    Avg HR 150

Entered this race during the week having heard all the great reports about it but not knowing if I could do it or not. Was in the area on Saturday morning for Golf with a team I was looking after and if they won they would have to play in the afternoon/evening which would probably rule me out. They lost and despite spending 5 hours or so walking round and being on my feet I was still looking forward to the race. Got there nice and early and met Chinguetti, Brian & RK and had a chat. Told them I had no target but Brian gave me one anyway. Did a warm up with Chinguetti who gave me a run down of the course and then it was up to the start and ready to go.

Off we went and as everyone said it is quick at the start. Tried not to go off too fast and went through the first K in 4:17 which although quick for me I knew was mostly downhill. 2&3 were 4:26 & 4:23 as the crowds thinned out and I concentrated on finding a good pace but not getting carried away. Through the 5K mat in roughly 22:30 and then picked up the pace a bit for the next K. Knew the hill was somewhere between 6&7 but there was a nice downhill before it and got up it ok in 4:30 for that K. Legs felt ok and was thinking then I would push on for the last 2K and nab a sub 45. That thought didn't last long as on the rise between 7&8K got hit with a massive stitch under the ribs and started wretching and feeling like I wanted to get sick. slowed me right down for a while and probably lost close to 25 seconds in that K (4:53). To be honest after that my race was run could only maintain a steady pace for the last 2K. When I tried to pick it up I just felt like heaving. Crossed the line in 45:26 which is a 1:26 pb from the Boyne 10K in May.

Thrilled with that but could have been better. Great race and organisation and great to see so many familiar faces again.

Sunday

Strawberry 1/2 marathon in 1:56:08

Avg Pace 8:49
    Avg HR 142

Had a free entry to this from the 2 hour pacers (thanks guys) so was up bright and early Sun morning, collected Nules and off to Enniscorthy. Hardly anyone on the road and got there in plenty of time and registered and soon were ready to go. After the race the night before this was only going to be a LSR type run with no target in mind. Took off nice and handy close to the back and passed people gradually for most of the race. Hilly course but lovely countryside route for most of it. It's amazing how much more you notice when your not running flat out. Last few miles were back along the N11 which is the only part of the route I didn't enjoy. Seemed to go on forever. Anyway a good training run but was tired on the drive back home.

Month|Miles
    January|142.97
    February|106.12
    March|44.40
    April|84.88
    May|86.84
    June|94.71
    Total|559.91

• Advertisement

Distance | 2012 Target Time | Pre 2012 PB | Current PB
    5km| 21:40 | N/A | N/A
    5 Miles| 35:50 | 37:45 | 36:08 (Raheny 5 mile)
    10km| 44:59 | 47:33 | 45:26 (Dunshaughlin 10K)
    10 Miles| 1:14:59 | 1:18:22 | 1:18:22 (Race Series 10 mile)
    Half Marathon| 1:39:59 | 1:42:25 | 1:42:25 (Dublin 1/2 Marathon
    Marathon| 3:59:59 | 4:16:34 | 4:16:34 (Dublin Marathon)

Loads to come off that time P, are you planning on Donadea this year?

Well done P, great time in both races especially yesterday. My 10 miles yesterday was slow and sluggish, I couldn't take one more step.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Thats good running. 10k time is good considering how much the golf would of taken out of you

Loads to come off that time P, are you planning on Donadea this year?

Probably will if there is nothing else on when it comes to it. Thanks for the support on Sat evening.

Probably will if there is nothing else on when it comes to it. Thanks for the support on Sat evening.

No problem at all. Are you doing the 5 mile?

No problem at all. Are you doing the 5 mile?

Yep I'll be giving it a bash alright.

Yep I'll be giving it a bash alright.

I'll see you on Saturday so, anyone mention Ryan's yet? :)

I'll see you on Saturday so, anyone mention Ryan's yet? :)

No mention. There seems to be a splinter group of females though organising something though :eek:

The leader wasn't happy when he heard about it in Enniscorthy yesterday.

• Advertisement

No mention. There seems to be a splinter group of females though organising something though :eek:

The leader wasn't happy when he heard about it in Enniscorthy yesterday.

Are they leaving the lads out in the cold?:eek:

Advertisement