Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rocky Road to Dublin

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Mr Slow wrote: »
    Are they leaving the lads out in the cold?:eek:

Just throwing out a wild suggestion...organise a ART Lads night out :p. Although it prob wouldn't be much fun since all the cool ladies are missing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

P - great going at the weekend. Two solid races and a good pb despite the stitch. Thanks for the garmin help too.

Shaz, we can't organise a night out without a decree from the dear leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

shazkea wrote: »
    Just throwing out a wild suggestion...organise a ART Lads night out :p. Although it prob wouldn't be much fun since all the cool ladies are missing ;)

What's with the segregation? Time was we could all go out together and have a laugh.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

What's with the segregation? Time was we could all go out together and have a laugh.:(

You could just organise a lads night out next door ;)

menoscemo wrote: »
    You could just organise a lads night out next door ;)

No no, there'll be no stalking, I thought we were among friends, we're good enough to join them on a long run but not to drink with? Forshame I say! :cool:

• Advertisement

chinguetti wrote: »

Ah so sorry Spag Bol, I didn't realise you were waiting on me for this...please consider this my formal decree to organise a night out ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Ah so sorry Spag Bol, I didn't realise you were waiting on me for this...please consider this my formal decree to organise a night out ;):D

Too funny Shaz, or should I say queen Shaz.

No no, there'll be no stalking, I thought we were among friends, we're good enough to join them on a long run but not to drink with? Forshame I say! :cool:

It's because you weren't gentlemanly enough to hold our bags while dancing on the last ART night out...oh no wait, I got it wrong. You weren't actually at the last proper ART night out (for clarification purposes, I am referring to xmas night out!) :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Thanks for the garmin help too.

No probs. If you need help setting up that training log just give me a shout :D

It's because you weren't gentlemanly enough to hold our bags while dancing on the last ART night out...oh no wait, I got it wrong. You weren't actually at the last proper ART night out (for clarification purposes, I am referring to xmas night out!) :p

Firstly, I can't dance and hold bags at the same time like some performing chimp. Secondly, I'd have been there if I hadn't been suffering like a wounded animal from my current affliction.:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

pistol_75 wrote: »

First him Garmin...next his shoelaces.

Well done Pete. Cant believe you had Enniscorthy to face so soon after Dunshaughlin. Dont know how you did it. Fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

pistol_75 wrote: »

Ah here, turning it on is a big effort still. As for mastering the beepy thing, we won't go there!!

Tuesday

1.94 w/u @9:09 pace HR 131

1:34 HR 129
    1:40 HR 145
    1:36 HR 148
    1:41 HR 145

1.96 w/d @10:29 pace HR 125

Club session last night. Wasn't sure about the intervals afer the weekend but did them anyway. Handy enough week this week as a lot did Dunshaughlin & most are doing the race series 5 miler. Suited me grand but still did the intervals too quick.

Nice slow warm down and a sports massage to finish off the night. End of quarter today in work so enforced rest day.

Month|Miles
    January|142.97
    February|106.12
    March|44.40
    April|84.88
    May|86.84
    June|100.13
    Total|565.33

Tuesday

5.81 Miles @9:22 pace HR 131

Nice handy club run tonight. Tired after working till midnight last night for end of quarter. Also feel a bit wheezy but HR would seem to be fine. Will see how I am tomorrow. Hopefully be ok for Saturday.

Month|Miles
    January|142.97
    February|106.12
    March|44.40
    April|84.88
    May|86.84
    June|105.94
    Total|571.12

Saturday - Irish Runner 5 Mile

5.04 Miles in 37:40
    Avg pace 7:28
    Avg HR 149

So with my throat still at me and wheezing a bit I went ahead with this race. Knew I could run but not sure what running at race pace would do to me. Only one way to find out anyway. Plan was to try to run at 7:10 pace and see could I hold it to the end. Knew I would also need to bank a bit of time in the first couple of miles if I could.

First mile was probably a bit quick at 6:55 and steadied it down for the 2nd at 7:11. Got down the Kyber and onto Military hill. Slowed up here obviously but felt I recovered ok after it and through the S bends. Mile 3 was 7:38 & Mile 4 came and went in 7:37. Was pretty shot at this point knowing target time was gone and was unable to pick up at all towards the finish. Even seeing the 800m & 400m signs all I wanted to do was get finished and my last mile was the slowest at 8:01.

Not the race I had hoped for but at least I gave it a go. HR was fairly even throughout so although the pace dropped it would seem the effort didn't. Was always going to be a tough ask to run that pace for the 2nd half of the race for me anyway with the undulations.

Month|Miles
    January|142.97
    February|106.12
    March|44.40
    April|84.88
    May|86.84
    June|110.98
    Total|575.16

That Military Hill can be a bloodsucker, well done.

Great result in the 5 miler P. Those hills are nasty!

Monday

Just over 5 miles of a recovery run without the garmin. Just took it nice and handy trying to get rid of this cough.

Month|Miles
    January|142.97
    February|106.12
    March|44.40
    April|84.88
    May|86.84
    June|110.98
    July|5.15
    Total|580.31

Tuesday

5.81 miles @ 9:09 pace HR 131

3 loops of the college grounds last night. Started pretty slowly and picked up the pace for the last loop. Nice run.

Month|Miles
    January|142.97
    February|106.12
    March|44.40
    April|84.88
    May|86.84
    June|110.98
    July|10.96
    Total|586.12

South O'Hanlon 5K

5K in 22:32
    Avg Pace 7:15
    Avg HR 151

Hadn't done a 5K before last night but with people from the club doing it, a few people on here (including a few sneeky ones ;)), the person I trained for my first marathon with and also having run the course the opposite way in a lot of LSR's back then I decided to rock up and enter.

Did a bit of a warm up with Mr Slow and shortly after 8 we were off. First K was grand, mainly flat apart from going over an old railway bridge. Went through first K in 4:16 which was just under the pace I wanted to run if possible. Knew the next couple of K contained a bit of a climb but just tried to dig in as best I could 4:32 & 4:41 and lost more time there than I hoped for. Knew the last couple of K were slightly easier but just didn't have anything in me to pick up the pace. The 4th K was 4:36 and the last K was 4:27. So I guess I picked up a little bit but there was nothing there to make any further surge.

Happy enough to have done the race, warm evening and HR for the last 4K would indicate I was giving it everything I had on the night so thats all I can ask for.

4 races in 12 days now. Time to have a break and try and get some decent training in now. sure maybe I'll start marathon training next week :eek:

Month|Miles
    January|142.97
    February|106.12
    March|44.40
    April|84.88
    May|86.84
    June|110.98
    July|14.07
    Total|589.23

• Advertisement

Well done on the 5km PB. I'm shocked at the behaviour of those sneaky boardsies though :eek::D

Well done P. So sorry again about snubbing you, was a mess :(
    4 races in 12 days, and I thought I was bad.

jcsmum wrote: »
    Well done P. So sorry again about snubbing you, was a mess :(
    4 races in 12 days, and I thought I was bad.

I don't think you snubbed me. I think we both muttered something to each other as our paths crossed.

So a nice few days rest since 5K race last Wednesday. Spent the time minding the young fella while the wife was at a hen, trying to find a marathon plan to follow and coming up with a new log title :)

I wouldn't be the best at following long term plans so will do it week by week and take it from there depending what is happening real life that week. So this weeks plan is below. Hoping that posting the plan for each week in advance will help me stick to the plan and get the desired number of runs in.

Mon - Rest
    Tue - 8 miles w/4 @HMP
    Wed - 4 miles
    Thu - 10 miles
    Fri - Rest
    Sat - 14 miles
    Sun - 4 miles

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

do you want me to change the log title?

RayCun wrote: »
    do you want me to change the log title?

Please Ray (as I scurried through the FAQ's seeing how this was done) :)

When are you releasing the single? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

nice new title...good luck with the marathon training!!!:D

Nice title P. Were you hoping we wouldnt find you?

• Advertisement

Nice title P. Were you hoping we wouldnt find you?

Oh it's hard to avoid people round these parts. I presume your doing the 5K in kinnegad tomorrow evening?

Advertisement