If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AV SYSTEMS - OUR BEST EVER OFFER - NOT PROBABLY - DEFINITELY!!!

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi John,
    I'm thinking of the Denon 1911. When comparing it to the Onkyo 608, one difference that stood out is:-

Multiroom Zone 2 - active/passive Powered Zone 2 (5.1)

Excuse my ignorance, but can you explain this difference between the two.
    thanks

BTW I also sent you a pm.

Qeivinc,

Apologies for the delay getting back to you.

Both the AVR1911 & the TXSR608 have separate Zone 2 audio outputs - this means that if you are using them in 5.1 home theatre (or stereo) modes in Zone one - you can have a second zone playing either the same or another source elsewhere in the house - its a great feature that is normally overlooked by most Customers but essentially can give you the option of a small multi room system included in the price of the receiver itself - if you add a small powermid style remote extender you can even control the receiver from the second zone.

Keep me posted if you need further info or if I can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Hiob

Hiob,

Apologies for the delay getting back to you - the TXSR508 and the Vectors are available in black no problem - but the 508 does not upconvert to output all outputs via HDMI - the AVR1911 does if you are looking for a deal!

Delivery for most of these systems is £11.99,

Thanks again and keep me posted if we can assist,
    ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John, thanks for reply, what about this set:

Yamaha RXV667/Monitor Audio Vector 5.1 Boardies £599.90

does the Yamaha offer upconverting? Regarding the Denon, nice amp, but I need two components and two optical ports :)

Can this be picked up in Dublin or only postage is available?

Regards

Hiob wrote: »
    Hi John, thanks for reply, what about this set:

does the Yamaha offer upconverting? Regarding the Denon, nice amp, but I need two components and two optical ports :)

Can this be picked up in Dublin or only postage is available?

Regards

Hiob,

no problem on postage - but stock is a bit of an issue as the RXV667 is really short at the moment - could we tempt you with an RXV767 ;)

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Hiob

Hiob,

no problem on postage - but stock is a bit of an issue as the RXV667 is really short at the moment - could we tempt you with an RXV767 ;)

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Whats the price difference? and just wondering are there any speaker cables included with the speaker set?

Hiob wrote: »
    Whats the price difference? and just wondering are there any speaker cables included with the speaker set?

Hiob,

I'll PM you a price shortly when I have got my Boardie deal pencil R E A L L Y sharp ;)

The Vector's don't come with speaker cable but we can do you a cracking deal on some of the excellent Cambridge Symphony 100 of you are interested!

I'll PM you shortly,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

John, I'd also be interested in
    Can you give me a nice deal on cables too??

John, I'd also be interested in
    Can you give me a nice deal on cables too??

Scheming,

Same answer as above- stock is a bit of an issue as the RXV667 is really short at the moment (but I have just checked & we should have a few in before Christmas) - could we tempt you with an RXV767?

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Hi John,
    How are you fixed for the RXV 667 I ordered?

Thanks

dixiefly wrote: »
    Hi John,
    How are you fixed for the RXV 667 I ordered?

Thanks

Should be okay within a few days (everything crossed) - speaking to Ciarán I think you are still undecided about the speaker finish?

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Pepsie

Peps,

I thought I saw an ebay order for you for these??

Would you like to collect from The Philips Shop instead at the mad boardie price ( Much cheaper!)

Keep me posted,
    ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thank you for your reply John,
    Yes I purchased one of the Philips broadband / phone-line / coaxial / 10 socket protectors from you last week, and now these to replace the Philips PowerSquid units I use at the moment.
    May I have these sent by post to me along with the other orders I have with Dave, thank you?
    Best regards,
    Pepsie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tazzzZ

would like to order this

Denon AVR1911/Boston XS 5.1 Boardies £549.95

along with some cable. also i pmed you regarding a rather large order so if you could get back to me asap on it that would be great. :)

Should be okay within a few days (everything crossed) - speaking to Ciarán I think you are still undecided about the speaker finish?

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc

Hi John, I am going with the bronze speaker finish, it may be the 667 he is referring to. I will call Ciarán.

Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭nw1dqsv7amx026

Qeivinc,

Apologies for the delay getting back to you.

Both the AVR1911 & the TXSR608 have separate Zone 2 audio outputs - this means that if you are using them in 5.1 home theatre (or stereo) modes in Zone one - you can have a second zone playing either the same or another source elsewhere in the house - its a great feature that is normally overlooked by most Customers but essentially can give you the option of a small multi room system included in the price of the receiver itself - if you add a small powermid style remote extender you can even control the receiver from the second zone.

Keep me posted if you need further info or if I can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John,
    when comparing themI see:-

"Multiroom Powered Zone 2 (5.1) Zone 2 - active/passive "
    ie the Denon is Powered Zone 2 but Onkyo is active/passive.

What is this difference between "powered zone 2" and "active/passive"?

The plan would be to use it in the same large living room/kitchen with home cinema at one end (and zone 2 off), or with music/radio on at same time in both zones or in only one zone. I assume non issues using zone 1 & 2 at the same time in the same room?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭ablelocks

john, i had sent you a pm when you get a chance could you check it?

thanks
    able

Scheming,

Same answer as above- stock is a bit of an issue as the RXV667 is really short at the moment (but I have just checked & we should have a few in before Christmas) - could we tempt you with an RXV767?

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

what is the difference between them? i'm not in a mad rush so before christmas would suit me okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

Christmas gifts list - doing quite well - I hope to post it tomorrow evening.

john, i hope the list is looking good, cant wait to see it:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Owen Perth

Just a quick thanks to all at Richersounds.ie for your excellent service and reassurance, look forward to continuing business with you!!

From a happy camper in Oz :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭nw1dqsv7amx026

Hi John,
    I would like to buy the Denon 1911 package.

Please see my pm with some questions.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Scrum001

Hi John,

Like a few others on here, I would be interested in the Yamaha RXV667/Monitor Audio Vector 5.1, preferably in black. Have been keen to go down this route since getting a Philips 42pfl8404 lcd tv from you last year. I know stock seems to be low on these units but please keep me informed of developments.
    Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ucdier

Hi John,

Been looking for sound system for ages and very tempted by your best ever offer – not probably – definitely! J

I’m looking for system to go with Panasonic P50G20, SkyHD and Xbox360. The room is pretty big. Just wondering if the speaker packs listed are big enough for a decent sized room?

Most interested in following packages:

Yamaha RXV667/Monitor Audio BX AV10 5.1 Boardies £874.93

Are above available in black finish? Are stands/brackets required also? If so, how much? And I’d be looking for some speaker cable too.

Also, looking to get a BR player as well. From what I can see Sony BDP-S570 looks like a good option. Unless you have any other deals? Didn’t see any in your Christmas offers list.

Also looking for two of your 8 outlet surge protectors.

Looking to get it delivered to Dublin. Would it be possible to get it delivered next week – see that you may have some stock issues on the 667’s?

Cheers

• Advertisement

ucdier wrote: »
    Hi John,

Been looking for sound system for ages and very tempted by your best ever offer – not probably – definitely! J

I’m looking for system to go with Panasonic P50G20, SkyHD and Xbox360. The room is pretty big. Just wondering if the speaker packs listed are big enough for a decent sized room?

Most interested in following packages:

Are above available in black finish? Are stands/brackets required also? If so, how much? And I’d be looking for some speaker cable too.

Also, looking to get a BR player as well. From what I can see Sony BDP-S570 looks like a good option. Unless you have any other deals? Didn’t see any in your Christmas offers list.

Also looking for two of your 8 outlet surge protectors.

Looking to get it delivered to Dublin. Would it be possible to get it delivered next week – see that you may have some stock issues on the 667’s?

Cheers

Thanks for the post (and I think this reply may answer many queries from other Boardies as well!)

The Yamaha RXV667 is in really short supply in Black at the moment - I do hope to get a small delivery in Black on Friday 10th but I cannot guarantee that yet (I will know 100% on Wednesday)

I do have a few 667's in titanium if these are acceptable? On the speakers front - to be honest the Vectors will fill a really large room with the 667 however the BX AV10 pack would do it sooooo much better! - Both of these are available in black

As soon as I get a sniff of 667 stocks - I'll post up here - in the meantime we do have the AVR1911 available at a Boardie mad price now of just £319.95 or we have the RXV567 also available at just £299.95.

Keep me posted & again thanks for the posts,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John,
    How much does delivery cost for the following to Co. Meath

Philips BDP3000 ex-demo Blu-ray €49.95

I will then get back to you regarding whether I will pickup or get it delivered.

Thanks

dixiefly wrote: »
    Hi John,
    How much does delivery cost for the following to Co. Meath

Philips BDP3000 ex-demo Blu-ray €49.95

I will then get back to you regarding whether I will pickup or get it delivered.

Thanks

£19.95 for the lot..

ATB,

John Mc

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ucdier

Thanks for the post (and I think this reply may answer many queries from other Boardies as well!)

The Yamaha RXV667 is in really short supply in Black at the moment - I do hope to get a small delivery in Black on Friday 10th but I cannot guarantee that yet (I will know 100% on Wednesday)

I do have a few 667's in titanium if these are acceptable? On the speakers front - to be honest the Vectors will fill a really large room with the 667 however the BX AV10 pack would do it sooooo much better! - Both of these are available in black

As soon as I get a sniff of 667 stocks - I'll post up here - in the meantime we do have the AVR1911 available at a Boardie mad price now of just £319.95 or we have the RXV567 also available at just £299.95.

Keep me posted & again thanks for the posts,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John,

You've talked me into the BX AV10 pack. I've consulted with the boss and apparently walnut is much better - do you have it available? I also had a look at the 667 in titanium online, and it looks alright so that'll do fine for me.

So, last questions before I go ahead and order. Presume all my components will have no problem talking to each other? Stands required or come with?

As per my last post, with respect to getting a BR player, I've been drawn towards Sony BDP-S570. Seems to tick all the boxes. Do you have any deals and what would you recommend?

Also looking for some cable (anything special required to biwire speakers? hopefully not a degree in electronics), two of those 8 outlet surge protectors and delivery to Dublin.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi ucdier.

Nice choice on the Yam with the BR pack.

Currently we are missing the centre in the Walnut as another boardie has snapped up our last one.

We will have fresh stocks arriving and should be with us torwards the middle of next week.

What time frame are you on for getting this in past the missus ?

We don't include stands in the packs as some people don't need them, but the Soundstyle Z2 stands are they way to for for the BX2's and they are £59.95 / 73 Euro a pair.

The rears are really designed to be wall mounted so I wouldn't go for stands for those, but it's up to you / the other half. ;)

The Sony is a good player, but we have just received in the new Philips BDP5180 which is a 3D player that supports DivX HD is DLNA certified and in my option is a better buy. This is £149.95.

Speaker cable - Gale symphony biwire is £2.99 a metre and you'll need a subwoofer cable to wire the sub to the receiver. You may also need a couple of HDMI cables.

If you can let me know the lenghts of the cables you think you need, the number os stands and if you need any HDMI cables (again what lengths), we can drop you a total price including delivery to Dublin.

Thanks again.

Dave

Did you hear anything about the 667s in black yet?

Do you stock this?
    http://www.whathifi.com/Review/Chord-Company-Carnival-Silver-Screen/

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭davkav

Dave,

I sent John a PM last night about putting an order in.

Is he still away on business? If so can you check his PM's or will I forward the message on to yourself.

Thanks,
    Dave

davkav wrote: »
    Dave,

I sent John a PM last night about putting an order in.

Is he still away on business? If so can you check his PM's or will I forward the message on to yourself.

Thanks,
    Dave

Dave,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - unfortunately I was not on Boards last night - I have replied to you this afternoon via PM - Keep me posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc

Did you hear anything about the 667s in black yet?

Do you stock this?
    http://www.whathifi.com/Review/Chord-Company-Carnival-Silver-Screen/

yep I heard:
    1. They are quite good
    2. They are black
    3. They are reduced to £329.95
    4. They are in Friday :D (just enough to clear all the back orders plus a few!

Keep me posted and apologies for teasing!

ATB,

John Mc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭davkav

Cheers john.

I sent you another pm earlier looking for payment / shipping details.

Thanks
    Dave.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.