If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AV SYSTEMS - OUR BEST EVER OFFER - NOT PROBABLY - DEFINITELY!!!

Options
13»

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

davkav wrote: »
    Cheers john.

I sent you another pm earlier looking for payment / shipping details.

Thanks
    Dave.

Replied to - apologies for the delay..

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dbuck

Hi John,

first post but a happy customer from shopping directly when in Belfast.

Can you confirm price for Denon AVR1911/Boston XS 5.1 including delivery to Dublin address.

Are they readily available pre Christmas.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ucdier

Hi ucdier.

Nice choice on the Yam with the BR pack.

Currently we are missing the centre in the Walnut as another boardie has snapped up our last one.

We will have fresh stocks arriving and should be with us torwards the middle of next week.

What time frame are you on for getting this in past the missus ?

We don't include stands in the packs as some people don't need them, but the Soundstyle Z2 stands are they way to for for the BX2's and they are £59.95 / 73 Euro a pair.

The rears are really designed to be wall mounted so I wouldn't go for stands for those, but it's up to you / the other half. ;)

The Sony is a good player, but we have just received in the new Philips BDP5180 which is a 3D player that supports DivX HD is DLNA certified and in my option is a better buy. This is £149.95.

Speaker cable - Gale symphony biwire is £2.99 a metre and you'll need a subwoofer cable to wire the sub to the receiver. You may also need a couple of HDMI cables.

If you can let me know the lenghts of the cables you think you need, the number os stands and if you need any HDMI cables (again what lengths), we can drop you a total price including delivery to Dublin.

Thanks again.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for getting back.
    Already have the go ahead, so happy to place the order.

I'm new to all things AV, so I've attached a picture of the layout of my room, and the proposed setup. Is this about right for the system that I'm looking at? Presume the BXFXs can go on the wall behind the couch if I switch the output on the speaker to bipole?
    Do you have a link about how best to set them up? Like what height should they go onto wall? Also, do I need any brackets for putting them up directly onto the (dry) wall? etc.

Yes, I'll take a pair of the Soundstyle Z2 stands for the BX2's.

Do you have any links / more info on the Philips BDP5180? I was hardly able to find anything on it.

On the cables front, yes I'll take a subwoofer cable, Gale symphony biwire speaker cable (what, 3 x2m, 1 x9m, 1 x 13m, I guess I'll need 25 -30 meteres??) and 2 HMDI cables (standard 1.5m should be fine).

Also looking to get:
    2 x8 Way Surge protection £9.95
    Sennheiser RS110 - RF Wireless headphone €46.99

Lastly, whats the total price and when do you think you'll be able to get all that delivered to Dublin?

Could you give me the total prices for the lot, one with the Philips BDP5180 and one with the Sony player, as looking to see which one I go for yet.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

yep I heard:
    1. They are quite good
    2. They are black
    3. They are reduced to £329.95
    4. They are in Friday :D (just enough to clear all the back orders plus a few!
    Keep me posted and apologies for teasing!

ATB,

John Mc

Nice one, I'll take one with the Vectors, a 8-socket surge protector and I'll get back to you later regarding cabling. Oh and delivery to Dalkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Scrum001

Originally Posted by Richersounds.ie: John viewpost.gif

yep I heard:
    1. They are quite good
    2. They are black
    3. They are reduced to £329.95
    4. They are in Friday biggrin.gif (just enough to clear all the back orders plus a few!
    Keep me posted and apologies for teasing!

ATB,

John Mc

Hi John,

I sent you a PM yesterday but I see stock has been replenished! I would like to go ahead and order the Yamaha RXV667/Monitor Audio Vector 5.1 Boardies @ £599.90. I'll probably take a pair of the Soundstyle Z2 stands in Black also. Please include price for delivery to Donegal.
    Many Thanks, Sean

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

Replied to - apologies for the delay..

ATB,

John Mc

John - do you have any Yamaha 667 in silver finish left?

Let me know and I'll drop you a PM with a quote request!

SSE

John - do you have any Yamaha 667 in silver finish left?

Let me know and I'll drop you a PM with a quote request!

SSE

SSE,

Yep I have a (very) few left in both Titianium (fancy Yamaha Marketing name for silver, 'Mr Miller :D') & Black

Keep me posted ;)

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Hiob

Hi John, sorry for bothering you, but can you answer to my PM? :)
    Regards

Hi Dave,
    Had a look for some info on the new Philips player (BDP5180) you recommended. Wasn’t able to find any reviews on it other than info on Philips website itself. But the Sony has got rave reviews about its picture, sound and ability to upscale DVD. Also, looks like I would need a wifi dongle for Philips player. Plus I like the fact (gimmick) you can control Sony with iphone. So I was thinking I’ll go for the Sony player, unless I’ve missed something about the BDP5180?
    So, would you be able to get back to me about surround setup? (See pictures in previous post). Also, what sort of cable lengths do you think I’ll need based on picture?
    Could you give me your price for the lot, which is:
    - Monitor Audio BX AV10 5.1 (Walnut)
    - Yamaha RXV667 (Titantium)
    - Sony BDP-S570
    - 1 pair off Soundstyle Z2 stands
    - Gale symphony biwire speaker cable, sub cable
    - 2x HDMI cables
    - 2x 8 outlet surge protectors
    - Sennheiser RS110 - RF Wireless headphone
    If you want to PM me with details I can place order today.
    When do you think it could be delivered to Dublin?
    Cheers

Hiob wrote: »
    Hi John, sorry for bothering you, but can you answer to my PM? :)
    Regards

Hiob,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - I had finished on saturday night before your PM came through and I took Sunday off - apologies for the delay - I have replied and I understand that the guys have looked after you?

Keep me posted..

ATB,

John Mc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭davkav

Eh your not allowed have any days off!

dbuck wrote: »
    Hi John,

first post but a happy customer from shopping directly when in Belfast.

Can you confirm price for Denon AVR1911/Boston XS 5.1 including delivery to Dublin address.

Are they readily available pre Christmas.

Thanks

dbuck,

yep as per the earlier price post on this thread I can still (just about) hold the Boardie offer price at £549.95 (reduced from £749.95 original rrp)

Delivery to Dublin on this system is £19.95 so the total would be £569.90..

All are available from stock,

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

SSE,

Yep I have a (very) few left in both Titianium (fancy Yamaha Marketing name for silver, 'Mr Miller :D') & Black

Keep me posted ;)

ATB,

John Mc

Thanks John, I decided the 667 is lovely but it's a) got stuff on it I don't need and b) the wife/kids would be bound to press a button and set it to some odd mode (already happened with a soundbar!).

Just PM'ed you re: the Denon 1311.

Thanks
    SSE

Hi Dave, John,
    Would you be able to advise on few queries I had in last couple of posts ?
    Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7 pflan

John,

Great deals. That's the way to beat the recession out of us.

I'm definitely getting an AVR this Christmas/New year as mine has gone belly up for the last time but I don't want speakers. I have a mismatch set of Quads that are pretty good but now no way to use them. Are most of the savings factored into the speakers?

I'm interested in one of the following Yamaha RX-V667, Dennon AVR-1911, Onkyo 608 or not listed here Pioneer VSX-1020.

Anyway I guess you can see my price range from the choices above. Can you post the the prices for boardies of each on there own or PM me if you prefer. Price is a big factor and I've checked out all the reviews so I know it's not comparing like for like but if you can also give us a very brief heads up on your choice and why that would be your choice it would be great for all of us.

Now what else for Santa's sack. I also need a Blu-ray to go with the above and if you twist my arm a HHD recorder. I eventually had to take a hammer to the last Philips DVD/HHD I had as it kept restarting over and over and it broke my heart. It had a time shift buffer and I believe the HD keep spinning all the time and eventually something had to give. In case it matters I'll be hooking it up to a Philips Cineos TV I bought off you a few years ago which with ambilight on a white wall is a dream TV. Ambilight... I know I know but every now and then, I turn it off just to tease myself and to see what everyone else is seeing. After a few minutes I can't stand it anymore and I have to turn it on again.

I'm not in a rush and can make my way to Belfast if there's a special boxing day sale etc.

Thanks,
    Pete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

PM Sent.

Dave

ucdier wrote: »
    Hi Dave,

Thanks for getting back.
    Already have the go ahead, so happy to place the order.

I'm new to all things AV, so I've attached a picture of the layout of my room, and the proposed setup. Is this about right for the system that I'm looking at? Presume the BXFXs can go on the wall behind the couch if I switch the output on the speaker to bipole?
    Do you have a link about how best to set them up? Like what height should they go onto wall? Also, do I need any brackets for putting them up directly onto the (dry) wall? etc.

Yes, I'll take a pair of the Soundstyle Z2 stands for the BX2's.

Do you have any links / more info on the Philips BDP5180? I was hardly able to find anything on it.

On the cables front, yes I'll take a subwoofer cable, Gale symphony biwire speaker cable (what, 3 x2m, 1 x9m, 1 x 13m, I guess I'll need 25 -30 meteres??) and 2 HMDI cables (standard 1.5m should be fine).

Also looking to get:
    2 x8 Way Surge protection £9.95
    Sennheiser RS110 - RF Wireless headphone €46.99

Lastly, whats the total price and when do you think you'll be able to get all that delivered to Dublin?

Could you give me the total prices for the lot, one with the Philips BDP5180 and one with the Sony player, as looking to see which one I go for yet.

Cheers

SSE,

Keep me posted ;)

ATB,

John Mc

Hi John

Dropped you a PM the other day with a couple of final questions on the brackets etc. - if you can get back to me we can get it ordered before snowmageddon!!

Cheers
    SSE

• Registered Users Posts: 27 petulko

Hi John,

What receiver would you suggest to match Ruark prologue 2 speakers. I had marantz sr6003,and id like to upgrade. I listen to multichanel sacd. My budget is 800€.

thanks,
    Peter

Hi John

Dropped you a PM the other day with a couple of final questions on the brackets etc. - if you can get back to me we can get it ordered before snowmageddon!!

Cheers
    SSE

Hi John/Dave

Dropped you guys a PM yesterday, like to get ordered today if poss.!

Thanks
    SSE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

John,
    I sent you a PM. I have purchased system as quoted, actually got a better Blu-Ray player. Would like to get the outstanding items by the weekend.

Regards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭davkav

<Snip>

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

@davkav,

I've snipped your post above. I do appreciate that your approach is intended to be helpful, but please see the Charter, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055564744 particularly the following parts:
    # As a general principle, if you're not asking Richersounds for a quote/information/involved in a deal here, it's usually best to proceed with caution. A more judicious approach to interventions and expressing opinions is needed here than would otherwise prevail in a general discussion area, such as the Home Entertainment Forums.

# This forum is for interraction between Boardsies and Richersounds. Occasional misplaced attempts to be helpful are understandable, but posts which are inappropriate in the context of this notice will be snipped or deleted without notice. If you wish to give advice in response to queries, make suggestions etc, then there are plenty of queries and discussions in the Home Entertainment Forums, where your contribution will be very welcome.

Thanks,

Ritz.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.