Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with LCD Full HD 1080p TV need person to fix!!

• 22-11-2010 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

Hi

I was wondering if anyone knows of someone who i could get to fix my tv, im having problems with my tv when playing PES on PS3. There is a blur on the screen when passing the ball to another player, ive tried all different solutions to try to fix it and i havent been able to do so! So ive decided it is probably best to get someone who knows what they are doing to have a look at TV! Is there any company/person who i can contact who will set my tv up correctly to play PES on PS3 (contrast etc..)

Thanks for any help!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Whats the refresh rate on the tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭BigProblem

im not sure, how can i find this out?

Do you have the tv model number?

im in work at moment but can post it later! i presume it is on the TV. Its a Samsung 32" LCD Tv by the way!Thanks

usually on the back of the tv alright. As regards to the blur, it could just be a low refresh rate, or even something as simple as setting your tv to "Game Mode"

• Advertisement

TV Model No. is: LE32B530P7WXXU

I went looking online for the spec for that and it's tricky enough to find the refresh rate, only found it on a forum. Apparently its a 50Hz tv which may be the reason your getting blur. are you connecting with a HDMI cable?

yea i am connecting with a HDMI Cable. Surely 50HZ would be enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Have you tried putting it into Game mode? I do that on my TV for the PS3 - essentially it bypasses all the crap enhancement processing leaving the refresh rate pretty close to what the specifications state.

yea i have it on game mode, it is still blurry tho.

• Advertisement

BigProblem wrote: »
    yea i have it on game mode, it is still blurry tho.

Turn on all the crap image enhancements so :) see if it improves the picture. At least then you'll know if it's the refresh rate or the panel.

yea i am connecting with a HDMI Cable. Surely 50HZ would be enough.

50Hz is grand but 100Hz would be the standard these days for tvs, if not more. Thats why when you see the Sony Bravia's brag of 600Hz they talk about not seeing motion blur. I'd assume that 50Hz simply isn't good enough to remove ALL blur from your game.

Sorry mate :(

Although this is all just an opinion

RedXIV wrote: »
    I'd assume that 50Hz simply isn't good enough to remove ALL blur from your game.

Not necessarilly true. PAL Games encoded in Pal 50, will only have their frames doubled in 100hz, thus decreasing flicker but not decreasing blur, as essentially each frame is displayed twice.

600hz is really useful for pal60/ntsc encoding, 500hz would be better for pal50.

Now, if you want to get into a discussion on how this affects 1080p/24 that is a whole new level

my tv is still under warranty, can i return it and get another tv, one with 100hz?

i bought tv in currys.

can i return it and get another tv, one with 100hz?

Is it broken or not working to it's intended purpose?

I don't think "PES is a bit blurry" will hold up in the eyes of the manufacturer/retailer.

You could try of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

TV Model No. is: LE32B530P7WXXU

That's a pretty basic set, if you look at fast movemengt on a DVD or Blu-ray you will probably spot more blur.
    Check out Philips 7605 or 7695, Sony 32Ex503 and EX703, Panasonic 32S20, all are 100Hz.

Advertisement