Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Journey/Foreigner/"Special guests" (I'm guessing Styx) - O2, June 2011

Options
  • 22-11-2010 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

Announced via the MCD newletter a short time ago. June 12th in the O2, with a date in the Odyssey either the night before or after (haven't got the email to hand at the moment, sorry). I'm guessing the "special guests" are Styx as they're doing the UK tour with them, although if it was Survivor I think I'd explode with excitement! :). Tickets are around €50 plus extortion fees, but not sure when they're going on sale yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,463 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

jesus it could not get any cheeser if Survivor were added to the bill. lol could be a possibily because of the irish frontman they have (Robin Mcauley). It could be Thin Lizzy, Europe,Twisted Sister or Def Leppard(doubt it but u never know)

Apparetly this is what the seating chart will be for the show. Tickets starting from 49-20 to 65-70

13218s.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭jack157

Unfortunately it is not Styx as they are playing the Sweden rock festival that day. It could be Tesla.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

rednik wrote: »
    Forgive my ignorance, but who are they and are they any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Wolfe Tone wrote: »

They don't sound too bad alright....:eek::eek:

Pity it's not Styx, I might catch them in the UK, 'Come Sail Away' would be incredible

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Metallitroll

without Journey or Foreigner there'd be no Misfits, Samhain, no Danzig basically. @ 0:49. i'll take Samhain n a few Danzig songs, emo's can discover the rest

slagging the Who is harsh though, they were a decent group. guess you can't get away from em on FM radio in the states but glenn for al his outspokenness has had his er - falls.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Wolfe Tone wrote: »

They released an album last year called Metropolis which was very good, IMO. Strong melodic rock band.

Would have liked to have seen Styx, but this isn't too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

blastman wrote: »
    They released an album last year called Metropolis which was very good, IMO. Strong melodic rock band.

Would have liked to have seen Styx, but this isn't too bad.

would have liked to see Styx too - but they were already on the Sweden Rock bill when the Irish date was announced.......

liked FM back in the day - biggest hit was probably Frozen Heart......
    agree with you Blastman, I like Metropolis - takes a little while to get into though....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Foreigner were responsible for some of the most memorable 80s fm rock quite a few strings to their bow. n as 70s rock 'dinosaurs' they actually went against the grain in finding their niche in the eighties and utilizing the technology well.. but Journey were my idea of hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

i first heard this in Werewolf: The Series.

resurfaced years later in GTA: Vice City

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Tried to get standing tickets there and there are none left. Standing area is tiny. I'm proper devastated :( You can't sit at Foreigner! I need to dance... 80s style! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

More standing tickets released! Yay! \o/

Advertisement