Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Upgrading from old sky box to sky + (non-HD)

• 22-11-2010 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    My parents have the old bog standard sky box with a monthly subscription and want to upgrade to a white sky+ box. Can anybody tell me how much this will cost them??
    I can only seem to find info for brand new sky customers.

I myself have the white sky+ box and wanted to do the "introduce a friend" thing but the t&cs say new customers only...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭J-C

Was just onto them trying to do something similar. Told me that they no longer manufacture the regular sky+ boxes and so you have to go skyHD+.

Gave me 2 options:
    1. Free box + €30 installation + €15p/m for HD channels
    2. If you don't want to activate the HD channels, pay €159 upfront for the box & installation with no further charges (obviously no HD channels, just the sky+ facility)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Hi thanks for the reply. Its ok they are sorted now, They rang a guy in the local paper and he's doing a deal for them....79e for 2 boxes. Can't go wrong at that!!!

I know what you mean about the HD box. I rang Sky and they told me the same thing that they stopped making the white box and you can only get the HD box now but it can be set for non HD:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

2 boxes for €79:rolleyes: He's obviously signing one of your parents up as a new customer.A word of caution-if they are doing this make sure that the old account is cancelled or it can get very messy regarding bills.Plus Sky take a very dim view of this practice so don't inform them as to why they are cancelling or they could end up with no Sky at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 carrick

just had it installed last friday paid 30 for installation that was it didnt activate the HD channels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

carrick wrote: »
    just had it installed last friday paid 30 for installation that was it didnt activate the HD channels

New price is €49 for box and €30 install (no HD SUB), You probably ordered it before new pricing kicked in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

If you want to get Sky+ do you have to have it hooked up to a phone line?

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Plascebo

Dero123 wrote: »
    If you want to get Sky+ do you have to have it hooked up to a phone line?

If its your main box the answer is no, it is the multi-room boxes that must be hooked up to a phone line.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

Plascebo wrote: »
    If its your main box the answer is no, it is the multi-room boxes that must be hooked up to a phone line.

So I can just ring Sky and request and upgrade then?

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Plascebo

Dero123 wrote: »
    So I can just ring Sky and request and upgrade then?

Absolutely, done it myself, went from bog standard box to HD+ (got it fairly cheap, some offer they were running). And recently got two extra boxes in the house, but bought wireless phone senders rather than phone cable run all over the house.

Advertisement