Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mallow - Mechanic

Options
  • 22-11-2010 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hi All,

Can someone please recommend an independent garage/ mechanic in Mallow?
    New to the area and Im aware of the main dealers and Advance Pitstop but I really need a good mechanic in the area.

Thanks in advance,
    Maruney

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Maruney wrote: »
    Hi All,

Can someone please recommend an independent garage/ mechanic in Mallow?
    New to the area and Im aware of the main dealers and Advance Pitstop but I really need a good mechanic in the area.

Thanks in advance,
    Maruney

Hi ya.

Dont mind advance use someone profesional. I sent you a pm there.:)

I'll take a PM off you myself, if I may, Corkie?

Looking for a local mechanic who remembers to put the oil cap back on after an oil change (seriously - last guy forgot to tighten it - oil everywhere).

Can do it myself, but takes me 4 times as long, and there's usually an injury involved :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

Ears on Muddy Hill.
    Used them twice last year and he went out of his way to accommodate us and even was able to modify the wrong second hand part to fit. Reasonable prices too.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Maruney

Thats a strange name!
    Their website looks serious, I have to get tyres for the Focus and wishbones on the Alfa.

They cant be much more expensive than Advance where I was heading, and wont leave it half done.

EARS fitted a clutch for my missus, but adjusted it badly - the biting point was way too high on the pedal. Not a huge issue, but left me a bit wary of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 worthkill

i just find that in ears they dont listen to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭mossie

morgana wrote: »
    Ears on Muddy Hill.
    Used them twice last year and he went out of his way to accommodate us and even was able to modify the wrong second hand part to fit. Reasonable prices too.

They are good but not cheap. Labour around €50 ex vat (hourly on my last visit, but they are good and don't do anything without consulting you first

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Maruney

Well I finally got all the work done to the Alfa & Focus.
    Really happy with EARS, they shopped around for parts and gave me all options and did top class work, keeping me updated all the time.

Thanks for your help & opinions.

Advertisement