Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rodent trouble, should the landlord sort it?

Options
  • 22-11-2010 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭

Mr and Mrs rat have moved into our house and are causing a racket in the attic and walls :mad:.
    I picked up a few rat traps to let them have it and i was wondering should i point the receipt in the landlord's direction?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

A grey area i would say, only the landlords fault if there was some kind of flaw with the property that allowed them access to it..

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Gregsor

novarock wrote: »
    A grey area i would say, only the landlords fault if there was some kind of flaw with the property that allowed them access to it..

There is a spot on the fascia of the house were they are getting access,where the wall meets the roofing,i had it blocked since yesterday and the rats have been tearing at it since,debris is all around the ground beneath.

Suppose i will put it to him,either way the spot will have to be addressed and for the moment the critters present done away with,it is only E6 so far but i would rather it in my pocket :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

i would say its the landlords issue then, access to the walls is very bad, if one of them dies in there it will be a nightmare..

It would all right,one just bit the dust on the new trap,the size of it :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

i would say its the landlords issue then, access to the walls is very bad, if one of them dies in there it will be a nightmare..

Hes right, if one of the rats dies inside the property you will have all kinds of trouble.

You'll never get his visiting mates out after the funeral. They love a good knees up.

• Advertisement

Jayob10 wrote: »
    Hes right, if one of the rats dies inside the property you will have all kinds of trouble.

You'll never get his visiting mates out after the funeral. They love a good knees up.

Rat-arsed i would say the feckers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

This happened to me.

You couldn't go into one of our rooms for over a month because of the stench.

The landlord was useless.

if I hadn't lost my job around that time I'd have been gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Gregsor wrote: »
    There is a spot on the fascia of the house were they are getting access,where the wall meets the roofing,i had it blocked since yesterday and the rats have been tearing at it since,debris is all around the ground beneath.

Suppose i will put it to him,either way the spot will have to be addressed and for the moment the critters present done away with,it is only E6 so far but i would rather it in my pocket :).

We had a similar problem in one house; a rat tunnel into the bathroom and he kept chewing through plaster. We rammed a tin can into the hole and that stopped him.
    He had already chewed through a pipe in there.

There we had one in the roof; used to come out and steal the cats food. he finally met his match in a new cat who fought and killed him one night. Sound effects were gross.

And the rest went up the drive waving white flags...;)

Get a good cat or dog...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

I'm both a landlord and a tenant and the word 'rat' worries me far more as a landlord. Send him the receipt.

Advertisement