Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual SIM (Smart)Phones?

Options
  • 22-11-2010 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

I had more or less decided to treat myself to an HTC Desire but that would still leave me with the nuisance of carrying two mobiles (work and personal). So I'm now looking for a dual SIM phone, which non of the carriers supply, even though they're available. :mad:

Can anyone recommend a dual SIM phone, for use with O2, and advise where to buy one reliably? It doesn't necessarily have to be a smartphone but it would be nice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You wont really find a decent dual sim phone, defo not a smart phone. Anything you do find will be a dodgy Chinese knock off.

Have a look at the nokia C1 or the C2 ans see what you think of them. They arent smartphones but they are known brand dual sim phone. One of the other well known ones would be the samssung duos. they hard two or three variants of them iirc, but they are old enough now.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 LibraMan

Thanks for that, Davy. I knew about the Samsung phones but not the Nokia ones so I'll check them out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

Davy wrote: »
    You wont really find a decent dual sim phone, defo not a smart phone. Anything you do find will be a dodgy Chinese knock off.

Have a look at the nokia C1 or the C2 ans see what you think of them. They arent smartphones but they are known brand dual sim phone. One of the other well known ones would be the samssung duos. they hard two or three variants of them iirc, but they are old enough now.

DOnt purchase chinese phones! Reception is terrible. :D

Iphone have a thing you can buy to add 2 sims to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

• Registered Users Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I need to have two phones but have always just used a smart phone for whichever sim I use data on and then a cheap Nokia just for calls and texts - the added advantage of the battery lasts for a few days on these Nokia's

• Advertisement
Advertisement