Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MMS Settings for eMobile iPhone users

• 22-11-2010 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

Got a bunch of requests for this in my inbox so here they are:

78AYK.png

Note: if you're on the Seven 15 or Seven 10 prey pays plans you will need additional credit above and beyond the €15 or €10 you top up weekly as MMS txts are not included in those plans. I believe they cost €0.25 per MMS but I could be mistaken.

I have tested these settings and I can send and receive MMS txts

I am using an iPhone 3G, Apple Unlocked, with iOS 4.1 (my iPhone is NOT jailbroken)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Cheers.

I have these exact setting entered on my iPhone 4. But mine is jailbroken on limera1n and ultrasn0w unlocked running iOS 4.1

My FaceTime is working perfectly but I just cannot get mms to work. Dint think I'll send a lot of mms messages but it's annoying the he'll out of me!!!

Anyone know what's wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

have ya got mms turned on, settings>messages and make sure mms messaging is set to on

Yeah. Have it enabled. If I didn't I wouldn't be able to attempt to send one. Or wouldn't have a camera icon in text messaging app.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

Hi Lads,

I was one of the guys that as cancer for the emobile mms settings. I rang emobile customer service and they gave me the meteor mms settings. I asked him was he sure they would work and he said yes. So I entered the meteor mms settings in and now my mms settings work.

Hope it helps.

Mine is JB 3gs on 4.01

Hi macdaddy

I font understand your post. Do you have different settings or the same?

• Advertisement

jarvis wrote: »
    Hi macdaddy

I font understand your post. Do you have different settings or the same?

My bad, sorry no I am using meteors mms settings on my emobile phone and they are working perfect.

I rang emobile customer service on 2 occasions. One guy gave me emobile mms settings which were different to cancers one's he has there. The one they gave me did not work.

So I rang them again a few days later and the guy gave me meteor mms settings which work perfect for me.

Cheers mac

Can you post the settings or are they the dame as OP?

Cheers mac

Can you post the settings or are they the dame as OP?

APN: mms.mymeteor.ie
    Username: my
    Password: mms
    MMSC: http://mms.mymeteor.ie
    MMS Proxy: 010.085.085.085:8799
    Max Size: 307200
    Prof Url: (Leave blank)

Cheers mac, but they didn't work either.
    Thanks anyway, it must be something with my phone. Maybe the jailbreak of something.

Jarvis pm me ur email address. Ya could of messed up a carrier file when we were trying to install one for Tesco

• Advertisement

Thanks guil

But that was my 3GS you helped me on. This is a new iPhone 4 so I haven't messed with carrier settings.

Try these then....this is what they gave me initially but they did not work for me:

APN: mms.emobile.ie
    Username: my
    Password: emobile (try mms or data) if that doesn't work
    MMSC: http://mms.emobile.ie
    MMS Proxy: 010.085.085.085:8799
    Max Size: 307200
    Prof Url: (Leave blank)

Nah. Nothing happening with any of them. It's bugging me but Im not a big mms user, I'd rather email but the fact that it won't work is annoying.

Nah. Nothing happening with any of them. It's bugging me but Im not a big mms user, I'd rather email but the fact that it won't work is annoying.

Don't mean to sound condescending but you are restarting your phone after you enter in the settings are you?

Yeah. Did that every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 irishgirl555

Hi, where do you get those settings in iphone 3?

What version is the phone on and is it an iPhone 3G or 3GS. The first has no compass but the second does

Chances are if it's on 4.3 or later the settings are hidden by the carrier file and there's no need to edit them

Mms seems to be hit and miss with eMobile anyway

Advertisement