Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Server 2008, windows 2000 client os

• 22-11-2010 5:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭

Hi

Can anyone tell me if a computer with a Windows 2000 OS will work with Windows Server 2008 R2?

Thanks in advance

Paddyo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,092 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Yes -- The only problem you might have is with IE6.. as a general client on a domain, its not a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

It will work for basic netwrok stuff but if you want to go deeper such as policies ,antivirus and other applications ...you'll see the limitations !

Not sure if you will find AV for W2000...also,most of the Group Policies are requiring minim XP and you'll need them to restrict access and permissions for those "little angels" down the primary school :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,092 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Exactly, it will work but I wouldn't recommend it. Microsoft no longer supports Windows 2000 so no more updates / fixes either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

You will also not be able to do AD in native mode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,580 ✭✭✭swampgas

Paddyo wrote: »
    Hi

Can anyone tell me if a computer with a Windows 2000 OS will work with Windows Server 2008 R2?

Thanks in advance

Paddyo

Stupid question - but why not upgrade? Just curious.

• Advertisement
Advertisement