Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garlic Question ??

Options
  • 22-11-2010 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭

Put pork chops in oven round 40 mins ago with sliced apple, onions and some crushed garlic. Just checked it and the garlic looks like its kinda blue/green after cooking. was fine when put it in. any ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

livvy wrote: »
    Put pork chops in oven round 40 mins ago with sliced apple, onions and some crushed garlic. Just checked it and the garlic looks like its kinda blue/green after cooking. was fine when put it in. any ideas??
    Are you sure it's not black ie. burnt? 40 minutes seems a long time to put garlic - especially crushed - in the oven.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

This happened to me before, but I was adding garlic to quinoa at the time. It's still perfectly safe and doesn't affect the taste. It's a reaction between sulphur in the garlic and copper in whatever it's mixed with, I believe. There's some more rather technical information at the bottom of this page, just scroll down a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭livvy

This happened to me before, but I was adding garlic to quinoa at the time. It's still perfectly safe and doesn't affect the taste. It's a reaction between sulphur in the garlic and copper in whatever it's mixed with, I believe. There's some more rather technical information at the bottom of this page, just scroll down a bit.[/QUOTE

I just scraped it off and still ate it - real classy !! I thought it may have spoiled but am a lot wiser since reading your link. Thank you.

Advertisement