Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless in UCD campus accommodation

Options
  • 22-11-2010 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

I'm living in Merville in UCD, and I'm trying to get connected to the wifi in my apartment to hook up my PS3 to the network. I can get online on my laptop but I can't connect the Playstation to the network. I really want to get online for 'Call Of Duty', even though it'll probably be the end of my course in terms of attendance.

But if anyone could offer me any help or advice as to how to get the Playstation connected that would be great, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭jripper

All ps3/xbox etc online gaming is blocked, including morpgs. At least it was in belgrove last year, i assume its the same throughout all student accomm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

It's the same through UCD, with WaveLAN. Think it's possible over eduroam, but that's not really relevant since someone would probably object to you setting up a ps3 in daedalus

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

You could set up a proxy to connect through.

By the way, PS3 on campus? You're now my best friend. Hello :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

You could set up a proxy to connect through.

I'd say your latency would be rubbish on a proxy. Ask GameSoc or NetSoc. I'm sure its possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 quicksliver

Found this out the hard way myself. Not that it would matter if they didn't block it. I'm in Belgrove and the Internet connection struggles with Youtube. Online would be unplayable...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Behind you Joey

It has to be possible though. I'm sure someone from GameSoc might know, Is there such a group called NetSoc?

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

It has to be possible though. I'm sure someone from GameSoc might know, Is there such a group called NetSoc?

Kind of, they aren't all that active nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭TDOie

bigred100 wrote: »
    Kind of, they aren't all that active nowadays.

We're around. Looking for people interested in getting involved. Numbers are extremely low this year.

OP: The only way to really do what you're talking about is through a proxy which we were hoping to provide but really don't have the numbers to get everything up and running.

Advertisement