Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Airport - Transport

Options
  • 22-11-2010 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

I was wondering about transport from Galway City to Galway Airport.

I had a look on their website but its not exactly very helpful.

Is it true there is only one or two buses daily to the airport?

How much are taxis to there typically?

I need to be there at about half 5 in the morning so I don't know how that affects it. I'm just looking for the cheapest way to there and back.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

The cheapest way is to walk. Otherwise at that hour, taxi.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭what_traffic

snubbleste wrote: »
    The cheapest way is to walk. Otherwise at that hour, taxi.

Or cycle - but you would need very good lights on the bike at that hour in the morning; the road is not lit from Western Motors Roundabout to the Airport.
    Anybody know if they actually have public bike parking at the airport (stand or shelter)?

Taxi cost is about €20 from the city center(The West).

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭swe_fi

I just have to ask, are you seriously recommending someone to walk to the Airport from town? At 4 in the morning? Thats a bad idea at any time. I can't even comprehend doing this. has it ever been done, by anyone?

What I would do is take Pro Cabs from the Eyre Square (or order it from where you are of course) should be about €15, ask for the price beforehand - http://procabs.ie

OP in case you don't know there is a €10 charge at the Airport now as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I suspect snubbeleste honed in on the "cheapest" comment.
    Taxi is your only option OP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Ì have walked that way in the morning in summer at dawn (5am). I wasn't going to the airport with baggage.

Salthill-ThreadneedleRd-QuinncentenaryBridge-BotharNadTreabh-Dougishka roundabout-Dublin Rd-LoughAtaliaRd-Claddagh-Salthill

You need some energy though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Moderators,

The Sarcasm Detector is acting up again.

Please fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Is it true there is only one or two buses daily to the airport?

Sadly, yes it's true.

After 7am, there's an intermediate option involving the No 9 bus. But not at 5am.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Got a taxi a few weeks ago for about that time. 535353 did it for about 10 or 12 if i remember right

Advertisement