Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disobedient pup

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭sionnaic

PB27 wrote: »
    But for us we have stopped slapping completely (by the way thanks for making me feel like the worst dog owner in history, but I understand where you all were coming from) and have started trading his favoured treats with other tastier treats and it seems to be working. I think he is not as possessive. He dose drop and take the treat for me quicker than the first time I started this training. Also his call back is much better.

Yep that's exactly what our trainer told us to do. And it does work given time. It's great you took the time to find out a better way to train her. So many people don't.

Some people here are very passionate about animal welfare and can come on a bit strong sometimes especially if it involves slapping or hitting etc but they have the best interests of the dog at heart and they do give good advice. Try not to feel too bad - you were making mistakes because you didn't know any better but thankfully you recognised that now and have made positive changes. I was the same at one point and have educated myself. Boards really helped me with that!

What's inexcusable is people who have done their research and choose the violent and negative methods anyway.

Advertisement