Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: International Experience Class (IEC)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 loveslasvegas

This sounds like a stupid question but on the IEC website u have to fill in details in order for them to email you the application package....

it asks for "Province" so do we put Leinster!!!! I'm from Dublin but surely they would want your city instead!

I feel stupid even asking this haha but don't wana make any mistakes in my application

:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

joannaman wrote: »
    Quote:
    Ok, so does that mean that if you have already done a one year under 35 visa in Canada (which I have done), that you can now apply again with a clean slate and spend another 2 years there if you want? (somebody please say yes!)
    [/B][/I]

:eek: Bloody hell if this is true its fantastic news, after 2 years you can then apply to be a permanent resident or maybe you will be married by then so you wont need too:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

:eek: Bloody hell if this is true its fantastic news, after 2 years you can then apply to be a permanent resident or maybe you will be married by then so you wont need too:p

;) man on the same wavelength as me! think its 3 years then you can apply for permanent residence!

This sounds like a stupid question but on the IEC website u have to fill in details in order for them to email you the application package....

it asks for "Province" so do we put Leinster!!!! I'm from Dublin but surely they would want your city instead!

I feel stupid even asking this haha but don't wana make any mistakes in my application

:p

no its the province in canada you intend going to ie if your going to toronto the province is ontario!

cool
    thanx beano345 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭eamog1888

haven't seen any other posts but just got provisionally accepted through mail...need to pay the money in the next 10 days...fairly happy with that...best of luck to the rest of u...c u at the bar...hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭LuckyG

Just got refused as i have been living in the UK

gutted

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭joannaman

eamog1888 wrote: »
    haven't seen any other posts but just got provisionally accepted through mail...need to pay the money in the next 10 days...fairly happy with that...best of luck to the rest of u...c u at the bar...hopefully

How much is it costing you Eamog? I couldn't see any prices on the IEC website, but last time I went with usit I was paying nearly €500 fee (and then flights and insurance with them), so I'd be curious to know is it a lot less now.

joannaman wrote: »
    How much is it costing you Eamog? I couldn't see any prices on the IEC website, but last time I went with usit I was paying nearly €500 fee (and then flights and insurance with them), so I'd be curious to know is it a lot less now.

I took a chance and avoided usit and went straight to the embassy in paris...€110 euro for the visa...think usit is €300 + the €110 to the IEC...i was getting worried as i saw people on here getting turned down so i reapplied to usit yesterday...i was 416 on their list..

I took a chance and avoided usit and went straight to the embassy in paris...€110 euro for the visa...think usit is €300 + the €110 to the IEC...i was getting worried as i saw people on here getting turned down so i reapplied to usit yesterday...i was 416 on their list..

Eamog1888 what did u put for Province on the personal info page of IEC website to get ur application pack?

someone told me to put ontario but theres already a drop down list to select this and it askd for province of current residence!!

Thanx

• Advertisement

Eamog1888 what did u put for Province on the personal info page of IEC website to get ur application pack?

someone told me to put ontario but theres already a drop down list to select this and it askd for province of current residence!!

Thanx

i filled out the initial details and put in my current address (i live in Dublin 24)..one thing i did notice was when i downloaded the cover sheet with details and barcode (its separate from the pack), it had my "province" as 24 which is what i put in for my area code...i have to say i was nervous about this as i thought i'd ****ed up....dont want to lead ya on the wrong path but thats what i put in and well it seems to be passed...hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Demo2011

LuckyG wrote: »
    Just got refused as i have been living in the UK

gutted

How long have you been in the UK ? did the refusal say it was that ?

ah cool thanx a million

Yeh i put dublin but wasnt sure if i shoulda put Leinster!! haha

cool well if it worked for u then hopefully be grand for me!!

well done on getting accepted

best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

are these visas nearly gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭louisejscott

I submitted on my own and just got my email to pay the fee yesterday- does that mean my forms are correct or can I still be rejected for a mistake. Also if I'm living in Canada next year can I apply for the another IEC visa under the 2 year rule or will I run into the same issues as the guy who has been living in London.

I submitted on my own and just got my email to pay the fee yesterday- does that mean my forms are correct or can I still be rejected for a mistake. Also if I'm living in Canada next year can I apply for the another IEC visa under the 2 year rule or will I run into the same issues as the guy who has been living in London.

So long as they do not change the rules we can apply next year again (you must apply before the date of your 36th birthday etc etc & follow eligibility criteria according to website etc)

No issue with being in Canada for 1 year - I think LuckyG came unstuck because he was in the UK too long (7 years I believe)

Once you pay & they do the security checks in the High Comission in London you get the letter of Introduction. Therefore, my understanding is that once the pennies are paid & you are not an undesireable such as a scary terrorist etc. the process is complete. (That's my understanding anyway)

Have a great day!

Thanks...I've turned totally paranoid through this process... I'll pay the money today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

Hi Eamog,

I've just got my conditional acceptance e-mail and have sorted out the wire transfer of the 110Euro today, but how do I upload a proof of payment as I don't have a scanner to scan my wire receipt into a PDF document?

Eutow wrote: »
    Hi Eamog,

I've just got my conditional acceptance e-mail and have sorted out the wire transfer of the 110Euro today, but how do I upload a proof of payment as I don't have a scanner to scan my wire receipt into a PDF document?

sorry pal, i haven't done that yet.....pain in the hole from what i read in the mail...go to internet cafe i suppose...

1 thing actually whats the story with the receipt?..just looked at the mail there it says "proof of payment must mention your first and last names, your date of birth and your identification number (ID)"

sorry pal, i haven't done that yet.....pain in the hole from what i read in the mail...go to internet cafe i suppose...

1 thing actually whats the story with the receipt?..just looked at the mail there it says "proof of payment must mention your first and last names, your date of birth and your identification number (ID)"

Yeah, they could have made it easier. It's a bit stupid that you have to scan an image, would be a lot easier if you could use a payment reference number.

Luckliy I was able to get around not having a scanner and use my webcam to take a picture of the form I filled out today in my bank. This included my name, address, where the payment is going etc but there was no section for date of birth, so I added that on to the copy when I got home. I had to stick the form onto the top of an old shoe box lid to stop it from folding in on itself, hold it up to the webcam, save it and open the image to see if it was readable before converting it to a PDF file.

The form I got from my bank has a space for "Reference to appear on your statement", so I put the ID number there.

• Advertisement

Eutow wrote: »
    Yeah, they could have made it easier. It's a bit stupid that you have to scan an image, would be a lot easier if you could use a payment reference number.

Luckliy I was able to get around not having a scanner and use my webcam to take a picture of the form I filled out today in my bank. This included my name, address, where the payment is going etc but there was no section for date of birth, so I added that on to the copy when I got home. I had to stick the form onto the top of an old shoe box lid to stop it from folding in on itself, hold it up to the webcam, save it and open the image to see if it was readable before converting it to a PDF file.

The form I got from my bank has a space for "Reference to appear on your statement", so I put the ID number there.

AIB?....Cheers for the info...have to do it on friday

AIB?....Cheers for the info...have to do it on friday

Ulster Bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

For anyone who has a paper receipt and a basic scanner (like me) who are having trouble
    making the pdf, i used this.

http://www.freepdfconvert.com/

scanned the receipt as an image, uploaded it to that site, returned it to me in a pdf...sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭cybrandian

Hey All

I wired the money via AIB today. All they have given me though is a copy of the Paylink Euro International Form that I filled in myself, and signed.

It does have an NBP payment number though, and it is stamped by the bank.

Do you think this will be sufficient as proof of payment?

Thanks!

I just filled in the BOI wire transfer form it's stamped wtc but where do I find the NPV number??? is this ok for proof of payment?

just had a nitemare dealing with the aib on the wire transfer! went down showed them the email,filled out the form only to be told its 20 euro to send and it takes 3 days or if i wanted it urgent its 25 euro so went with that option! then they told me it will be sent tommorow! got home and looked at the proof of payment and the teller never even signed the bottom plus theres an nbp number at the top thats blank,dont know what it is or if it needs to be filled in:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 nahuvy

cybrandian wrote: »
    Hey All

I wired the money via AIB today. All they have given me though is a copy of the Paylink Euro International Form that I filled in myself, and signed.

It does have an NBP payment number though, and it is stamped by the bank.

Do you think this will be sufficient as proof of payment?

Thanks!

Yeah i scanned that on to the computer sent it off yesterday and got email saying i have completed phase one and now its with the uk embassay

nahuvy wrote: »
    Yeah i scanned that on to the computer sent it off yesterday and got email saying i have completed phase one and now its with the uk embassay

So are we saying it takes approx. 24 hours from when you send off the proof until you get the email saying you are through to the next phase ? Who knew this was going to be so stressful ?!?! It's like some form of cryptic challenge. But if it is only 24hours that's ok because I paid and scanned this morning so hopefully only another day to go (until the next phase of course !) Canada must be great if it takes all this to get there :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 obeara

Demo2011 wrote: »
    So are we saying it takes approx. 24 hours from when you send off the proof until you get the email saying you are through to the next phase ? Who knew this was going to be so stressful ?!?! It's like some form of cryptic challenge. But if it is only 24hours that's ok because I paid and scanned this morning so hopefully only another day to go (until the next phase of course !) Canada must be great if it takes all this to get there :-)

Ya i just got confirmation of my file being sent to the UK after uploading the proof this time yesterday. So 24hours seems to be all it takes. Hoping to have final approval by next week :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 nahuvy

beano345 wrote: »
    just had a nitemare dealing with the aib on the wire transfer! went down showed them the email,filled out the form only to be told its 20 euro to send and it takes 3 days or if i wanted it urgent its 25 euro so went with that option! then they told me it will be sent tommorow! got home and looked at the proof of payment and the teller never even signed the bottom plus theres an nbp number at the top thats blank,dont know what it is or if it needs to be filled in:confused:

Went through aib too only costed 75 cent using paylink euro standard and was delievered in 24hrs. You were ripped off.

Advertisement