Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: International Experience Class (IEC)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

nahuvy wrote: »
    Went through aib too only costed 75 cent using paylink euro standard and was delievered in 24hrs. You were ripped off.
    i know im sick over it ! one teller told me it would go today! when i filled the form out the other teller told me it will be tommorow and tried to charge me extra! they didnt even fill the form in right to busy talking about their new haircuts! i kid you not! gonna go back down an cause murder tommorow!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Not_Too_Xabi

Hey obeara - you posted that you did the transfer using the kiosk in an AIB branch.

You have since received confirmation that your payment was accepted.

Can you please just confirm (for peace of mind) that you did not include anything extra for charges incurred at the receiving bank and just the fee of 110 euros?

Thanks a mill!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

beano345 wrote: »
    i know im sick over it ! one teller told me it would go today! when i filled the form out the other teller told me it will be tommorow and tried to charge me extra! they didnt even fill the form in right to busy talking about their new haircuts! i kid you not! gonna go back down an cause murder tommorow!:mad:

lol, you live and learn.

All they wanted was proof of payment within 10 days .. there was no urgency on receipt of the payment.

tenchi-fan wrote: »
    lol, you live and learn.

All they wanted was proof of payment within 10 days .. there was no urgency on receipt of the payment.
    no wonder the country is the way it is with these banks lol get me to canada quick :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 obeara

Hey obeara - you posted that you did the transfer using the kiosk in an AIB branch.

You have since received confirmation that your payment was accepted.

Can you please just confirm (for peace of mind) that you did not include anything extra for charges incurred at the receiving bank and just the fee of 110 euros?

Thanks a mill!

Yeah I just transferred exactly 110euro. There was no charges from AIB and everything must have been ok on the other end, cause they have sent my application on now to the UK.

I know what you mean by peace of mind...past few days were a nightmare :D

• Advertisement

obeara wrote: »
    Yeah I just transferred exactly 110euro. There was no charges from AIB and everything must have been ok on the other end, cause they have sent my application on now to the UK.

In fairness, do you know how hard it is to keep track of payments into a bank account when they're all for the same amount & half of them don't have suitable references (thanks to lazy bank staff)!

I'd nearly go as far as to say even if your payment never turned up in their bank account they would not notice, and they're unlikely to chase up any fees deducted from the payments either... Not to mention you're making the payment to an EU bank account using an IBAN. As there is no intermediary bank (as is the case with transfers to American for example), it's unlikely the receiving bank will incur any additional fees. (don't quote me on that!)

Chances are they forwarded your application to the UK as soon as they received your proof of payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭sjapok

I have a quick question - I'm going applying for this working holiday visa in the next few days (as soon as my garda vetting comes through) and I'm wondering if there is a timeframe within which I must go to Canada. I mean if I'm accepted, can I go later on this year, say in November or maybe early 2012?

Cheers for the help :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

sjapok wrote: »
    I have a quick question - I'm going applying for this working holiday visa in the next few days (as soon as my garda vetting comes through) and I'm wondering if there is a timeframe within which I must go to Canada. I mean if I'm accepted, can I go later on this year, say in November or maybe early 2012?

Cheers for the help :D

you have 12 months from when the visa is granted to enter Canada

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭sjapok

Thanks Red Menace, that's great news! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭eamog1888

obeara wrote: »

i done it through paylink today...there was no charge and i just paid the 110 euro..there was no info regarding my name or DOB so i just got the girl at the bank to write it in and put a bank stamp beside it and her signature...think that should be fine (well i hope) and i just need to upload in the morning...fingers crossed....

side question: people who r going over...is it because you've of the work situation in ireland or just want time out for the yr: work n travel....im just interested to know....i have a big decision to make this weekend regarding my job...:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭louisejscott

I have a job here but there is no career progression in Ireland for years. My boyf was laid off 2 years ago and we have spent a fortune on Masters etc to try get him a job...when it didn't look possible we decided that I would quit my job here and we would both head over.

Its up to you re your job but for me it was all about career progression and where I wanted to be in 5 years in my career. I don't see it happenin here but i understand how difficult it is to walk away from a job.

I researched my sector very in depth before I made my decision so I would recommend you do the same...also if you know people in your industry over there talk to them and make sure...that's what I did. maybe ring a few recruiters and ask them about your industry. I wouldn't email they will ignore you.

Good luck...it's a tough call

I have a job here but there is no career progression in Ireland for years. My boyf was laid off 2 years ago and we have spent a fortune on Masters etc to try get him a job...when it didn't look possible we decided that I would quit my job here and we would both head over.

Its up to you re your job but for me it was all about career progression and where I wanted to be in 5 years in my career. I don't see it happenin here but i understand how difficult it is to walk away from a job.

I researched my sector very in depth before I made my decision so I would recommend you do the same...also if you know people in your industry over there talk to them and make sure...that's what I did. maybe ring a few recruiters and ask them about your industry. I wouldn't email they will ignore you.

Good luck...it's a tough call

cheers...i have a job in a multinational but there is zero progression and the money is ****e....im there 4 yrs now and just heard there will be redundancies.....i dont see myself getting cut yet but i dont want to be in the same position and cash two yrs down the line...but on the other hand i am hearing the grass is not always greener in Canada with regards too jobs....head is wrecked:D

yep I've heard mixed reports about Canada myself some people lucky some people not- depends on your industry. I'm pulling every personal favour owed to me in 6 years in Finance to get contacts over there!!! and once I have my visa I'm going to start applying before I go. It's risky everywhere but they way I figure it gotta take a risk or I'll be stuck where I am for life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Im 21 so im willing to work at anything... driving a delivery van would be a nice job but ill most likely end up working in a store or warehouse.

eamog1888 wrote: »
    i done it through paylink today...there was no charge and i just paid the 110 euro..there was no info regarding my name or DOB so i just got the girl at the bank to write it in and put a bank stamp beside it and her signature...think that should be fine (well i hope) and i just need to upload in the morning...fingers crossed....

side question: people who r going over...is it because you've of the work situation in ireland or just want time out for the yr: work n travel....im just interested to know....i have a big decision to make this weekend regarding my job...:cool:

Both me and my wife had decent jobs in Ireland (Me: IT and wife Banking in a secure department)

We wanted to live in Canada and the U35 was a good way to get a feeler for the country, more than a couple of weeks holiday would tell you.

Maybe a silly move but better than sitting around wondering and regretting it in the years to come

Im 21 so im willing to work at anything... driving a delivery van would be a nice job but ill most likely end up working in a store or warehouse.

What are of Canada are you moving to and what do you work as here?

red menace wrote: »
    What are of Canada are you moving to and what do you work as here?
    im still in college, and im thinking of going to Nova Scotia or New Brunswick... I dont work at the minute. The only things on my CV are Dunnes Stores and Londis.

red menace wrote: »
    Both me and my wife had decent jobs in Ireland (Me: IT and wife Banking in a secure department)

We wanted to live in Canada and the U35 was a good way to get a feeler for the country, more than a couple of weeks holiday would tell you.

Maybe a silly move but better than sitting around wondering and regretting it in the years to come

very true m8..i work in supply chain doing product/production support....i know walking away from a job is never a good thing when you've nothing lined up but again im not happy with the money and i dont see any rise in the future...think ill have regrets if im still in the same situation 1 or 2 yrs down the line...

plenty of warehouse jobs over there provided you get there forklift certificate!

beano345 wrote: »
    plenty of warehouse jobs over there provided you get there forklift certificate!
    best get it here first or can it be gotten easy over there?

• Advertisement

best get it here first or can it be gotten easy over there?
    they probably wont accept our version! i checked it out and you can do a day course for 90 dollar and your more or less guaranteed to get it! free job assist too! ive got my certs from over here but alas dont think they'll accept them! still 90 dollar is cheap! check out kijiji.com for jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

I had a temporary job and probably would have been able to get a permanent job out of it, but I wouldn't have been happy there. I would have got a crap wage - several thousand of Euro below what I would be paid elsewhere - and for the work and hours I would be expected to do, it would not be worth it. I also want to experience living in another country and do it while I still can. If I don't do it now, I'll regret not doing it later on in life.

ok so i got the mail that there 2nd check is complete and it is now on the way to london to the visa section to review...anyone else get this:confused:..hoping to have news bk by next monday on this......any1 ahead in the process and have it all complete:cool:

ok so i got the mail that there 2nd check is complete and it is now on the way to london to the visa section to review...anyone else get this:confused:..hoping to have news bk by next monday on this......any1 ahead in the process and have it all complete:cool:

I got that email on Friday.

I think you're being a bit optimistic expecting it within a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Sorry for asking a silly question but My o/h's passport is out of date end of May 2012 so if we go in lets say July which will leave her with 10 months on her passport will she just renew her passport coming up to that date next year and everything will be grand?? or evrn before she goes this year????

Dundalk Techi seems to be in the know!!!

baldbear wrote: »
    Sorry for asking a silly question but My o/h's passport is out of date end of May 2012 so if we go in lets say July which will leave her with 10 months on her passport will she just renew her passport coming up to that date next year and everything will be grand?? or evrn before she goes this year????

Dundalk Techi seems to be in the know!!!

Yup!

Her work permit will be tied to the passport she used when she applied and will only be valid for as long as her passport. In fact, I think IEC now require the passport to be valid for a full 12 months (and they ask for a photocopy of your passport to prove it).
    So she should apply for a new passport immediately!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭cybrandian

So there is a second check e-mail before it is sent to the UK?
    The only email I have received so far states:

We hereby confirm that your proof of payment of the International Experience Canada (IEC) participation fee was received at the Youth Mobility Unit of the Embassy of Canada in France on 03-02-2011.
    We will now undertake a final verification of your file. If everything is in order, we will forward it to the Visa Section at the High Commission of Canada in the UK for the second evaluation phase.
    As a reminder, the Visa Section will examine your application in accordance with Canadian immigration law and regulations. If your application is accepted at this stage, a Letter of Introduction will be sent to the email address that you provided on your IEC application form. If your application is rejected by this Section, you will receive a letter by post explaining the reason(s) for the refusal and the Youth Mobility Unit will automatically begin the reimbursement process.

So you have received a mail since this one?

yep theres another email before it's sent to London. I'm still waiting for mine- I got that email a week ago. My bf got the email his application is going to London yest so I'm hoping mine will come through today or tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭cybrandian

yep theres another email before it's sent to London. I'm still waiting for mine- I got that email a week ago. My bf got the email his application is going to London yest so I'm hoping mine will come through today or tomorrow.

Ok, thanks for that, will just sit back and wait so! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Jay2203

Hi everyone, just applying today. Can anyone tell me if you need photos on the 2nd copy of the application form not just the original (4 photos in total or just the 2)

Thanks.

Jay

Advertisement