Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: International Experience Class (IEC)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭niva*sis

Jay2203 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, just applying today. Can anyone tell me if you need photos on the 2nd copy of the application form not just the original (4 photos in total or just the 2)

Thanks.

Jay

i put 4 just to be on the safe side..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭louisejscott

I put 2 on and no problems so far...but 4 would cover you for def...didn't even think of that til read this:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Jay2203

Thanks guys, will put 4 in to be on the safe side!

Jay

louise fingers crossed we get that email today... im gonna have the "refresh" button broken on the email if i dont come away from it... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

niva*sis wrote: »
    louise fingers crossed we get that email today... im gonna have the "refresh" button broken on the email if i dont come away from it... :eek:

They seem to have it automated to send all their mails between 5 and 5.10, so fingers crossed we all hear back later

Then it's on to start worrying about the next phase :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

still awaiting this garda cert... hopefully places dont run out in the next few days:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Paula C

well anyone hear anything?get an email?

ok well seeing as none of us got emails today maybe they haven't sent them out yet...yes I know I am clutching at straws:(

i got the email !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

Jay2203, the requirements only ask for 2 photos.

Make sure you read all the requirements so you don't miss out on something else!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 corkbai

Hi just wondering if anyone could tell me rougly how long the garda cert takes? and if anyone knows are they running out when you g be go for less or straight to the embassy? thanks

niva- when did you send in your proof of payment- I'm still waiting for my email

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭eamog1888

niva- when did you send in your proof of payment- I'm still waiting for my email

i sent mine in on friday morning - mail recieved on monday afternoon:cool:

I sent mine a week ago:mad:

i sent mine in last wednesday, and only got it yesterday!!!!

i hope u get it today girl, i'll have my fingers crossed for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭cookies221

Anybody have a link to a decent travel insurance company? Trying to sort out all this paperwork asap...

www.backpackertravelinsurance.ie/

these were recommended to me- way cheaper than the VHI worldwide version

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭cookies221

Thanks Louise. I suppose there is no point paying for travel insurance yet until I get accepted for the visa. I thought we had to have it before we sent in the application as one of the terms and conditions on the application form is...
    I will procure and retain comprehensive travel medical insurance which will cover my period of travel in Canada

nope you just have to have it when you land in Canada and are going through immigration.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Maximus82

I am just in the process of filling out the application form today. Quick question for those who have applied already.....in the education section of the Additional Information, do you put in your primary and secondary education or just third level education? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭cybrandian

Maximus82 wrote: »
    I am just in the process of filling out the application form today. Quick question for those who have applied already.....in the education section of the Additional Information, do you put in your primary and secondary education or just third level education? Thanks

I filled in all my education details, and my paperwork was conditionally accepted, so I would say best to fill in everything to be on the safe side.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Keeping the fingers crossed I hear from them today

My payment was made last Wednesday

me too Dazzler- looks like you and I are in the same boat here hopin 5-5.10 brings good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

I'v an awful stupid question, the proof of candidates funds part where signature is. Is that the bank employees signiture or your own.:o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

baldbear wrote: »
    I'v an awful stupid question, the proof of candidates funds part where signature is. Is that the bank employees signiture or your own.:o:o

The bank

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

For those that are worrying about receiving a confirmation mail that they have sent your application to the U.K. for the second stage, it takes about seven or eight days from the time you wire the money till the time you receive the notification mail. I wired the money on the 1st of Feb got a mail the same day stating they received confirmation, and then got another mail on the 9th stating I've passed the first stage and that they have sent my application to the U.K.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭eamog1888

Eutow wrote: »
    For those that are worrying about receiving a confirmation mail that they have sent your application to the U.K. for the second stage, it takes about seven or eight days from the time you wire the money till the time you receive the notification mail. I wired the money on the 1st of Feb got a mail the same day stating they received confirmation, and then got another mail on the 9th stating I've passed the first stage and that they have sent my application to the U.K.

not always m8....i wired the money last thurs and got mail that it was received straight away...on monday i then got the 1st phase completion mail stating it was sent off earlier in the day to london for final approval...havent heard back since

N I sent mine on the 2nd of February and haven't got my email to say it's gone London yet. My BF sent his money on 03 February and got his email on the 7th so I don't think there really seems to be much consistency with the timing.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

well folks my internets be down the last 3 days so couldnt check my e-mails was bricking it doing it this morning! still have the bottle of jack daniels on hand in case i get rejected/letter of introduction! did the people who were waiting to pass phase one get their e-mails yet? anyone heard back from the uk??

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

i tell you this is way harder than years ago, i went in 2006 with the student visa and it was simple.. apply, fill the form send it to the uk and 2-3 weeks after you received in the post your letter to present to immigrations!

This time for the U35.. its like a gladiator battle who will pass the 30 stages and reach the promise land haha

I have sent payment yesterday, but i think from now on it will take the 8 weeks they were talking about in the email!

lets hope that's a maximum estimate and not minimal

Advertisement