Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking For Cheap Satellite Set-Up

• 22-11-2010 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭

As title says, i'm looking for a decent cheap set-up for getting Cyfra+ or something similar. I just watch football really (Man Utd) and i'm sick of paying Sky €100+ per month (HD + Multiroom + Sky World + Espn)

I saw this on adverts.ie

link

Is there anything to be suspicious about with the pricing? seems awfully cheap for a Cyfra+ sub

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,343 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

As title says, i'm looking for a decent cheap set-up for getting Cyfra+ or something similar. I just watch football really (Man Utd) and i'm sick of paying Sky €100+ per month (HD + Multiroom + Sky World + Espn)

I saw this on adverts.ie

link

Is there anything to be suspicious about with the pricing? seems awfully cheap for a Cyfra+ sub

Seller has stated it needs an internet connection so obviously he's offering a cardsharing server which is illegal.
    I've reported it since it's not something adverts/boards wants to be linked with.

Boardsie and Foreign Satellite forum poster Headshot is selling his 1 month old Cyfra HD sub here if you are interested in a legit subscription with an official card - http://www.adverts.ie/320924/satellite/cyfra-multipakiet-canal-hd/

I don't have cyfra so someone else can recommend you the best/cheapest box that the card will work with. Box + Card + 80cm dish and you'll be watching yer United in no time :pac:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Seller has stated it needs an internet connection so obviously he's offering a cardsharing server which is illegal.
    I've reported it since it's not something adverts/boards wants to be linked with.

Boardsie and Foreign Satellite forum poster Headshot is selling his 1 month old Cyfra HD sub here if you are interested in a legit subscription with an official card - http://www.adverts.ie/320924/satellite/cyfra-multipakiet-canal-hd/

I don't have cyfra so someone else can recommend you the best/cheapest box that the card will work with. Box + Card + 80cm dish and you'll be watching yer United in no time :pac:.

Cool, cheers for the info! Headshots deal is too expensive considering it's only €170 for a new 1yr sub and his has 2 months gone already.

What's a good budget HD receiver + dish anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,612 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Oatesy23 wrote: »

good man oats, thanks for the free advertising :D
    Cool, cheers for the info! Headshots deal is too expensive considering it's only €170 for a new 1yr sub and his has 2 months gone already.

offers mate, offers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,343 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Probably about €170 for HD receiver + dish. This receiver would be a good option for cyfra.
    The receiver will come to €100 shipping incl. and then an 80cm dish + LNB shouldn't be any more than €70.

It can be quite expensive to get it up and running but it pays for itself in no time!

edit: Dish + lnb suggestion

You'll also need a mount for the dish, silly me. I forgot about that!
    Wall mount is also available in the optional extras on the satellite.ie link I posted for the dish.

Helpful thread here

Advertisement