Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did not breach any rules and still got a 14 day ban !

Options
  • 22-11-2010 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

Today 16 of November I received a boards message from username ' Anan1 ' with a 14 day ban from motors following a 7 day ban the week before

First of all the first ban was a response I posted to another boards member I got the 7 day ban , I understood why i received the ban and just took it on the cheek I knew I stepped out of line

After my ban was lifted I went onto my thread which the moderator posted a comment on
    I replied to his comment with " ya , gud lad:) " then was slapped with another 14 day ban when i did not breach any rules

I asked the moderator to show me which rules i broke which he/she replied "are you for real" and thus far still haven't got any reply with what rule I broke

Also where I come from " ya , gud lad" is a common slang for "thats right"
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Moved from the Helpdesk. Dark_by_Dezign have a wee read of the image above to follow our dispute resolution process if there's a problem with moderation, ta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Dark_by_Dezign

is this thread still live ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Yes, very much so. The problem here is I am not sure what you see the problem as being. Correct me if I am wrong, but this is what I am reading:
    • You got a 7 day ban , you understood why you received the ban and took it on the cheek as you knew you had stepped out of line.
    • After the ban was lifted you went onto the thread again in which the moderator had posted a comment on and you replied to his comment with " ya , gud lad " then you were slapped with another 14 day ban when you feel you had not breach any rule

Did it cross your mind that the moderator may have seen your " ya , gud lad " as a sarcastic come back and then decided to issue another ban since you were just returning from an existing 7 day ban

yes thats right , as thats what i posted on the OP !

what the moderator thinks I meant and what I meant are total different things

Did you PM the Mod to explain that?

• Advertisement

I did , explained my story and asked what rule i broke and only got a reply to that saying " are you for real " which is very rude for a moderator who is supposed to be fair?!

Never got a reply from that moderator after that point

Fair enough, will PM the CMod to look into it for you. Please provide a link and forward any PMs to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Hi Dark_by_Dezign, can you forward me the PMs that were exchanged between you and Anan1?

Pm sent to g'em

Also how can I get into see what messages I sent ?
    is there an out box / sent box anywhere ?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Advertisement

Folder Controls
    Sent Items contains 0 messages.
    You have 228 messages stored, of a total 500 allowed. (Empty Folder)

Jump to Folder:

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I've reviewed this, and I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. The Motors moderators interpreted your last post on that thread as a cheeky or sarcastic rejoinder - I'm prepared to accept your explanation.

For future reference, it's considered bad form to discuss a moderator's instructions on the thread in which they were issued, as it's off-topic and derails the thread. Do yourself a favour and don't reply to clearly-marked moderator posts in future.

thanks for the help lads

Advertisement