Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick City constituency

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

only way as has been said in media is politics in ireland needs too change for things too really change here,i dont see it in my life time,in all the partys i dont see it,,

So because no one will change "enough" for you, you're just going to vote for more of the EXACT same ?

That's not logical.

EDIT : That's actually not even REMOTELY logical.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

i never said who im voting for,as i havent made my mind up like alot of people,,which ever way i vote,will be if i think they might make a little better difference, and the choices are very poor as they all the same in many ways,ireland need a new partys that people would believe they make a difference,and they dont exist yet in Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭liammur

the problem is poor choices and what with banks and developers etc and bailing them out after wards,doesnt matter who gets in,will take along time too sort out

Agreed, and it may not even be possible to sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Publicity grabbing statements that have little to do with the most serious issues now affecting our country.

Its like he is trying to make policy out of pub talk down in Kinsella's bar.

Where is Kinsella's pub? It sounds like a great laugh. Nearly as much crack as the Vincent Browne show these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Could well be a great laugh in Kinsella's Pub but it's no joke trying to live in some areas.Wild youths make life very difficult for law abiding residents.Very little improvement for vulnrable people despite claims by politicians that action has been taken

gaf1983 wrote: »
    You may or may not have come across Tom Dunne's doorstep hit list - his list of questions to put to candidates. Anyway, on Monday night I e-mailed all the declared candidates in Limerick East. So far two responses have come in, from Joe Leddin and Michael Noonan.

I'll be putting up all their responses here.

Three more candidates replied to the questions I sent them last week, see above. They all gave much more comprehensive answers than the other ones too. See what Sheila Cahill (Greens), Maurice Quinlivan (Sinn Féin) and Willie O'Dea (Fianna Fáil) had to say here:

http://theseniorplayersadvice.blogspot.com/2011/02/three-more-limerick-city-election.html

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭watchingthepols

Willie O'Dea was shown up big time by the Southill Parish Priest on yesterday's Pat Kenny election special from Limerick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBAY91_MbGU&feature=player_embedded

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Indeed he was.About time Limerick voters ditched Willie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Anyone else surprised and a little suspicious at the sudden surge of support for the green party candidate in the boards vote?

• Advertisement

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    So because no one will change "enough" for you, you're just going to vote for more of the EXACT same ?

That's not logical.

EDIT : That's actually not even REMOTELY logical.

i dont believe the bull like others,i will decide before i goo too ballot box who i vote foe ,who will help ireland and my family,not because party hip

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭zig

Ill be truly ashamed if O'Dea tops the poll. I seriously wouldnt write it off despite the results on the poll here, so many hardcore 'go on willy' voters in Limerick its depressing. He'll defo get a seat anyway, probably 2nd or 3rd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭allimac

RonMexico wrote: »
    Anyone else surprised and a little suspicious at the sudden surge of support for the green party candidate in the boards vote?
    Not with the amount of liberal lefties that post on here.

allimac wrote: »

not too surprised as they have too do as much too hold onto as many seat as they can,waht do you think of this new party new vision,none im my area ,maybe like a group of independents together

• Registered Users Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

It's a real pity the Greens have killed themselves by going into power with FF. Their Limerick candidate, James Nix, is one of the most impressive people to run for office in Limerick in a generation, imo. Very intelligent and very genuine guy. I'll really struggle to vote for him though, simply because of the way his party has behaved.
    In his local election manifesto he had a plan to cut the carbon emmissions and boost feul economy of the bus routes which basicly was to cut all the buses to Moyross and Kileely and make residents walk to cahirdavin for a bus.To make it worse he actually went around moyross boasting about this idea.Doest sound that intelligent to me:(

allimac wrote: »

Actually her vote was languishing rather miserably at the bottom just above Kiely and then suddenly she jumped up several places and 20 first preference votes overnight. It looks like gaming of the vote.

Jan O'Sullivan became the final candidate to answer the questions I put to all Limerick City candidates back at the start of the month, her answers are here:

http://theseniorplayersadvice.blogspot.com/2011/02/one-more-candidate-gives-her-views.html

The previous responses are here: (Quinlivan, O'Dea and Cahill)

http://theseniorplayersadvice.blogspot.com/2011/02/three-more-limerick-city-election.html

and here (Leddin and Noonan):

http://theseniorplayersadvice.blogspot.com/2011/02/its-time-for-some-campaigning-some.html

cheers gaf, some good reading

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Who the fk is voting for Dillie O'Wea?!!?

people that have bought into the idea that he knows them personally, not to mention idiots who think something like him going on rte and defending Rubberbandits is a good enough reason to vote for him.
    plus everyone here probably http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=12876646637#!/profile.php?id=100000702333773

• Advertisement

Fucking unbelievable:mad:

There does appear to be some conflicting reports on twitter. One says that Noonan and O'Sullivan are safe and that O'Dea, Quinlivan and O'Donnell fighting for the last two seats.

Others have O'Dea in the clear and Quinlivan and O'Donnell fighting for the last seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I think its Noonan, O'Sullivan and O'Dea

Limericks final tally

Cahill, Sheila 1.1%
    Kiely, Kevin 2.5%
    Larkin, Matt 0.17%
    Leddin, Joe 5.65%
    Noonan, Michael 30.72%
    O'Donoghue, Conor 0.44%
    O'Dea Willie 16.04%
    O'Donnell, Kieran 12.57%
    O'Sullivan, Jan 16.67%
    Power, Peter 5.38%
    Prendiville, Cian 1.61%
    Quinlivan, Maurice 8.75%
    Riordan, Denis 0.4%

That is just first preference votes though. On transfers it looks like O'Dea is getting very few which would tie in with the national trend. Last I heard Quinlivan was now on 10% with transfers.

excellent live updates as they happen for limerick city here btw,
    http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/general-election-2011/general-election-live

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

149683.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

noonan o sullivan o donnell o dea as predicted.

what about the 4th , is it tight?

edit : sorry just reread it, damnit

Advertisement