Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband and telephone provider

Options
  • 22-11-2010 8:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Im currently on using perlico. They only allow a 36GB usage allowance for broadband and charge you for anything over. This is not enough for me.

Im looking to switch to a provider that allows a higher or even unlimited allowance.

My current package has free irish landline calls and 3MB internet speed for €46 a month.

Ive been searching through boards.ie for a new provider and Imagine seem like a option. But loads of people seem to be saying to avoid them at all costs because of low speeds and poor customer service. I think the speed vary depending on where you live?

Is anyone using Imagine in greystones and achieving good speeds?
    Or what provider are you using and how do you find them?

I also checked upc but its not available in my area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Can you get UPC? If so its your only man 250GB cap on the 15Mb and 30Mb packages. UPC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 sexwolf

unfortunately its not available in my area.

Imagine will also charge €150 for installation :eek:.

Any other suggestions???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 donegalnordie

UTV internet give you 3MB unlimited (or 8MB if in NGB area) with local, national & UK calls off-peak for €49 per month

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭wardie214

Vodafone have a few packages up to €62 per month for which you get local and national calls, 24 Meg Broadband and 300Gb download per month. The 24 Meg depends where you are.

For €48 you get 8Mb Broadband and 120Gb download.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Imagine 7.6 ADSL Business Package Telephone and Broadband 42 euro unlimited. Superb service. Hammer it constantly no issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

wardie214 wrote: »
    Vodafone have a few packages up to €62 per month for which you get local and national calls, 24 Meg Broadband and 300Gb download per month. The 24 Meg depends where you are.

For €48 you get 8Mb Broadband and 120Gb download.

Are you on it yourself? Finding it to be very high/low these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭wardie214

Renn wrote: »
    Are you on it yourself? Finding it to be very high/low these days?

Yes I am, it's up and down the the proverbial underwear. I had the line tested and was told there is a lot of noise so I am changing the wiring in my house and then if it still happens I can prove it's the exchange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

You will rue the day you sign up for Vodafone ADSL.

It's using the old BT setup which was pants.

Your noise issues is either at the master socket or if you are using an extension its in there.

If you have a low SNR not much you can do about it.

Can't recommend Imagine Business enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

It's bloody annoying. If I'm downloading it's typically fine - 300kb/s or whatever. But if I'm playing something online it's a nightmare - disconnects me from the server etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

have you tried Magnet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 sexwolf

Thanks for the suggestions. I went with vodafone.

Advertisement