Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What will you do with your 20k?

• 22-11-2010 8:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,404 ✭✭✭✭

Those kind folk at the IMF will soon be giving us 90 billion euro. That works out at just over €20,000 for every man, woman and child. I've already put Xmas, my mate's wedding and stag and a trip to NZ for the World Cup next year on the credit card. Anyone know where I go to pick up my share of the pot?

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

65–66 Lower Mount Street, Dublin 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

20,000 €1 hookers or 1 €20,000 hooker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Collie D wrote: »
    Those kind folk at the IMF will soon be giving us 90 billion euro. That works out at just over €20,000 for every man, woman and child. I've already put Xmas, my mate's wedding and stag and a trip to NZ for the World Cup next year on the credit card. Anyone know where I go to pick up my share of the pot?

Anyone who is stupid enough to pay for a trip to NZ to watch Rugby isnt getting a rex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Invest it in banks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Anyone else getting that feeling you get when a child asks about Santa?

You know the answer, you know they need to be told, but you don't want it to be you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,842 ✭✭✭✭kippy

€10000 worth of Lotto tickets (euro millions probably)
    and €10000 on red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,404 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

orourkeda wrote: »
    Anyone who is stupid enough to pay for a trip to NZ to watch Rugby isnt getting a rex.

That's the beauty of it. I'm not paying, the EU are sponsoring it. Free money. Also, wtf is a rex?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

Buy Boards. :)

Mrmoe wrote: »
    20,000 €1 hookers or 1 €20,000 hooker.

2,000 €10 hookers - I am not greedy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Listen Dog, it's 2010, that kind of stuff is soooo 2005.It's like , what got us to where we are now like:rolleyes:

Why don't you use it to pay your bills and don't forget that it will be liable to gift tax.

Maybe start to support yourself instead of relying on credit and handouts:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Put it all in canned food and shotguns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

I think I will buy some nice girly shoes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

I'm gonna buy cheese.
    Lots of cheese.
    I like cheese.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,404 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Listen Dog, it's 2010, that kind of stuff is soooo 2005.It's like , what got us to where we are now like:rolleyes:

Why don't you use it to pay your bills and don't forget that it will be liable to gift tax.

Maybe start to support yourself instead of relying on credit and handouts:cool:

You were the last person I was expecting a (semi) sensible answer from. You disappoint me, eh, Dog :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Probably put it towards college fees!

A ticket the hell out of here and then use the rest to live reasonably comfortable for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

You were the last person I was expecting a (semi) sensible answer from. You disappoint me, eh, Dog :(

Never be too predictable, my mother used to say

Never be too predictable, my mother used to say

..then BAM!!

The old-fork-in-the-eye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

20 grand eh? Hmmmmm.… if I put it in the bank could I use it as collateral for a loan of say, 100k and go into property?

Actually, we should all do that!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

20 grand eh? Hmmmmm.… if I put it in the bank could I use it as collateral for a loan of say, 100k and go into property?

Actually, we should all do that!:D

Amazing idea why hasn't anyone tried this before - surely this will end the recession and start another celtic tiger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I'll start by buying a 3rd 50" TV. You can never have enough 50" TV's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

€20k huh? I'd rent out Cowen for a 3.75 weeks, make him sweep my floors.

*Figures based on Cowen's €257,000 annual salary.

€257,000/1920 (average working hours per month) = €133 per hour.
    €20,000/€133 = 150.3759 hours of Cowenness my 20k will get me.
    €150.3759/40 (average working hours per week) = 3.75 weeks of Taoiseach-y, gargoyle-y, free cheese-y fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Its the same as the IMF handing every man woman and child in Ireland a credit card with a 20'k limit and God help anyone who defaults on payments. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

I'll invest mine into such institutions as A.I.B, Bank of Ireland, and any other bank that is better off cause of this government, cause lets face it, they seem to be the only ones on the up, I'm looking at doubling my money in a week or less :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

Anyone know where I go to pick up my share of the pot?

I hear Anglo Irish are in charge of handing out the money :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,613 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

The UK are also giving us 7bn :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I'm gonna buy cheese.
    Lots of cheese.
    I like cheese.
    I'll be receiving a consignment of mature cheese soon. I could sell you some

soon, real soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Change it in to Punts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

I will use it to go on a fact finding mission to NASA in Florida as the technology used there could benifit my summer business, baling and wrapping silage.
    When there I need a new hair cut as it tends to form neck hair over a period of a few months and a bit of colour and maybe a perm, a generous tip will be granted to the hairdresser.
    When I fly back, I will disembark in Shannon, but have a Taxi waiting for me to bring me to Dublin Airport so I can fly to Cork and experience the wonderful futuristic T2.
    From there I will fly to Dubai and take in some horseracing and see how they eat hay over there before feasting on lobster stewed in champaigne before flying back and paying 2 women to write my report on how silage and bale wrapping may or may not be improved.

Then, a day after the women start, the first woman who I have made manager and supervisor of the second woman anounces she is pregnant and has to take maternity leave followled by parential leave.
    This means the second woman complains that her work conditions have changed so I have to make her manager and supervisor, but have to employ a third woman so the second woman can fullfill her job description of management.
    When the first woman comes back to work, I am hopeful that one of the other two will fall pregnant as there will be two managers and only one worker and by that stage the report will be hopefully finalised but may not as funding may have run out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Adopt 100 monkeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Luxie

People still have credit cards back home?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

I'll convert it to Sterling or some other currency that'll actually be worth something this time next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Mr Cawley

bonerm wrote: »
    I'll convert it to Sterling or some other currency that'll actually be worth something this time next year.

That's right; sterling Silver ;)

invest half and live it up with the other ten/ book commercial space flight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

2 million centy sweets.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

According to two economist on VB its more like 250 billion we need and at the rate they want to charge us we are bust and we need to tell the European banks to piss off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

The only way out is a loan at negligible interest like 1-2%

Anything near 6% or the 7% talked about is unworkable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭Degag

HxGH wrote: »
    Buy Boards. :)
    And the other €19995?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

Im starting a bank, and Im going to lend out money I dont have, but it wont matter because no one will check, then Ill ask for money from the IMF when they finally cop on and realise I have none, but by that stage it wont matter because I will be gone to the island I bought with the money and up to my waist in hookers and blow. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Pretty much the reason we're in this situation

• Advertisement
Advertisement