Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wide Angle & Macro Lens Adapter

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

I had to click the "do not pull" tab :D:o I think perhaps it'd be better to put the money into a wide angle lense or macro.. rather than using that and then thinking "oh I want..." - though could be nice for experimenting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

As said you really are better off getting a wide angle lens and/or a macro lens. These adapters are pretty pants to be honest. They won't give you anywhere near the image quality that you get from a dedicated lens.

If money is an issue, or patience even, why not look on eBay for an older lens to suit your camera. I bought an old Tamron macro lens from the 70s for my camera for €10 and it produces results that I'm very happy with. I will at some stage in the near future buy a modern macro lens but for the moment the cheapo option produces results that I'm very happy with.

An example of the results I got with a €10 lens:

ED22240A97554FE7AAD042B809EB0B65-500.jpg

More examples: http://pix.ie/liamcoyle/album/380949

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭Scamp-

Of course it was too good to be true...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

€55 including an extra filter adapter and shipping. Not bad, might be nice to mess around with, but defo wouldn't rely on them for serious work or anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Scamp- wrote: »
    http://photojojo.com/store/awesomeness/wide-angle-macro-lens/

Has anyone used one of these before? Are they any use?

Might be fun for a wee Christmas present (for myself).
    I think I'm cracking up - read the thread title as Wide Anglo & Macro Lens Adaptor. I have to stop hanging around the Irish Economy forum :(

Back on topic: I haven't used these adapters before, but I think the general consensus is that you're better off with a dedicated macro lens. I'm using the Canon 100mm 2.8 and it is one of my favourite lenses - it's a lot of fun to use. If you're really into macro photography, if you could hang on an extra few months and save up for it it would be worth it imo.

Then again - if you're not shooting for Nat Geo and want to experiment a bit in your back garden, sure why not?

• Advertisement
Advertisement