Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help needed/advice....please

• 22-11-2010 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

hello lads and ladies ive just put on a muntons smugglers ale the 3kg. its been on for 24hours now and not a peep out of the airlock....i rehydrated the yeast by putting it into warm water for ten mins then pitching it in at relevant time...ive never took hydrometer reading before adding yeast and its sitting around 24degrees.....any ideas on the airlock?.....im starting to get worried about infection on so on i did take really good care like i always do.....any info help be great

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

It's probably fine. Kit yeast can be slow. It's also possible that the gas is leaving some way other than the airlock. Take a gravity read as soon as possible, though, so you can track how it's going. 24 degrees is a bit warm. If you can drop it to about 20 that'll reduce the chances of funky flavours getting in.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭wuben

cheers beernut im nearly positive ive got no leaks so hopefully it will kick of tonite!

Advertisement