Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

clueless about sky

• 22-11-2010 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

hey guys, am clueless about tv stations etc and haven't had stations hooked up yet. we were thinking of getting sky but i think we need a phone line? we are only planning to be in this house for 6 months so only want to sign a 6 month contract and don't want to get a phone line. we are looking to get kids channels, discovery, music and movies or a package with similar. as i said completely clueless so am lookin for advice who can offer me what i want,sky,chorus, ntl or who should i look into? thanks for any advice,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Where do you live? I assume you are renting. Landlord may object to erecting a dish for Sky. There is no NTL / Chorus - it's all UPC and has been for sometime. It's not available everywhere, but neither is Sky (e.g. some apartments).

Neither provider will permit 6 month contracts - you will need to transfer the service to your next residence (may not be possible) or pay a cancellation fee after the 6 months.

Both providers have those channels available and neither require a phone line to be present (Sky ask, but it's not essential).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

No need for phoneline for Sky unless you want multiroom.If you move house they will install it at your new address for you.There is a home move service with Sky or simply bring the equipment with you and get a local installer to put it in at the new address.
    If you go for UPC a problem could arise if you move to an area where UPC is unavailable and find yourself for an early termination charge for breaking your contract.

Advertisement