Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for a wired boradband modem...

Options
  • 22-11-2010 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭

Hi all,

have just moved into a new house and have gotten vodafone in, i was with bt before and had a Zyxel wired modem connected to an apple airport extreme router downstairs and an apple airport express upstairs to boost the signal. this worked great, but when i connect this to the new line the modem wont get a signal from the line. so at the moment im using the rubbish wireless modem vodafone give you, which is giving crap strength upstairs.

so im looking for and advice on a good wired router that can handle the 8mb speed and will happily play nice with my apple routers!

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

What model of Zyxel is it and are you saying that it doesn't work at all? It should work fine assuming that it's setup properly. Was it in bridge mode previously?

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Turtle-TM

its a zyxel 600 series. its not wireless enabled.

the 10/100m light comes on fine, but the act light just flickers, and there is no connection being sent to the router

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Have you changed the settings from those for BT to those for Vodafone? It should only be necessary to change the sign in and password.

nope, but it worked fine when the change from bt to voda happened. would it need to be changed?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Ring vodafone and ask them?

• Advertisement

well i havent got a clue what the password to the zyxel is, its been 6 years since it was set up!

so any one recommend a new modem? can something like a belkin wireless router have its wireless capabilities turned off? do they play nice with apple routers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

Turtle-TM wrote: »
    well i havent got a clue what the password to the zyxel is, its been 6 years since it was set up!

Do you mean the password to login to the router or the PPPoE password for your Vodafone connection?

When reset to default (always a good start) :

Username: admin
    Password: 1234

bhickey wrote: »
    Do you mean the password to login to the router or the PPPoE password for your Vodafone connection?

When reset to default (always a good start) :

Username: admin
    Password: 1234

the password that is asked for when you connect the router and go to http://192.168.1.1/ for the setup.

so if i plug the modem in and hold the reset button for 10-20 seconds that should reset the username and password to the above?

Advertisement