Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to Nenagh

Options
  • 22-11-2010 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hi
    Im new to boards and new to Nenagh!

I was just wondering if anyone knows of any activities/clubs/societies for newcomers to join? In the 21-25 age group is it possible to join an athletics club with no previous experience? Is there any ju-jitsu/boxercise/dance (Irish/step/line dancing)/pilates classes etc in Nenagh or North Tipperary.

Hope someone can help or has some ideas!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭meathcountysec

Nenagh Olympic A.C.

Margaret Fahy,
    Pollanormon
    Ballinclough
    Nenagh
    Co Tipperary
    087-6344886
    067-25482
    jeddyfahy@eircom.net

Boast only full time indoor athletics arena in country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 The Fiddler

Thanks!! Do you know if its possible to join at the age of 24 with no previous experience of being in an athletic club or is it just open to kids joining up?

I'll ring tomorrow and find out more!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭meathcountysec

Thanks!! Do you know if its possible to join at the age of 24 with no previous experience of being in an athletic club or is it just open to kids joining up?

I'll ring tomorrow and find out more!!

No connection with the club (or county) so couldn't possible comment.

Our own club welcomes all and sundry. An interest is all that is required. I imagine most clubs would be of a similar disposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Huff n Puff

Nenagh Olympic wouldn't be suitable for you at all. It is only really a juvenile club.

Running for adults is organised by either the Nenagh Triathlon Club (they organise a beginners run from Tescos on a Wednesday evening at 6:30, also running in the CBS school on Friday evenings at 6:30) or the Fit 4 Life group - I think they run on Tuesday evenings and Saturday mornings.

Yes there is a boxercise class in Nenagh, but I am not sure where it takes place. I am pretty sure there is a pilates and yoga class too down in the Abbeycourt Hotel.

Hope that helps.

Nenagh Olympic wouldn't be suitable for you at all. It is only really a juvenile club.

Running for adults is organised by either the Nenagh Triathlon Club (they organise a beginners run from Tescos on a Wednesday evening at 6:30, also running in the CBS school on Friday evenings at 6:30) or the Fit 4 Life group - I think they run on Tuesday evenings and Saturday mornings.

Yes there is a boxercise class in Nenagh, but I am not sure where it takes place. I am pretty sure there is a pilates and yoga class too down in the Abbeycourt Hotel.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Huff and Puff for all the info. I dont know why but im only seeing your message now!! Do you know anything about the fit for life group? Ive been googling a fit for life group within Nenagh and searching on Facebook but have returned nothing.

Thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Huff n Puff

The Fit4Life group are associated with the North Tipp Sports Partnership. You can find their Facebook page at - http://www.facebook.com/pages/North-Tipperary-Sports-Partnership/132187840176928

The fourth post down on that Facebook page deals with the Nenagh Fit4Life Group:

"Would you like to jog/run with a fun group?? Come along to the Nenagh Leisure Running group on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7pm at the CBS track Nenagh."

Hope that helps.

That sounds great Huff and Puff!! Thanks i might just head into that it sounds like just what i want to get fit again!!

Advertisement