Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC Hero - Factory Reset

• 22-11-2010 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭

Quick question: I'd like to wipe all the data on my Hero but I am worried if I use the factory reset I will lose the upgrade to Android 2.1 I recieved a month or two ago. Is this the case? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Shouldn't lose any firmware updates, just user content.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Trying to factory reset my hero but i can't find where to do it?!

Their website says Press HOME > MENU, then tap Settings > Security > Factory data reset. but once I get to Security the Factory reset option isn't there.

Also, I dd an upgrade to 2.1 but it just slows the phone down so much. Anyway of revert to the old version?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Orlee wrote: »
    Trying to factory reset my hero but i can't find where to do it?!

Their website says Press HOME > MENU, then tap Settings > Security > Factory data reset. but once I get to Security the Factory reset option isn't there.

Also, I dd an upgrade to 2.1 but it just slows the phone down so much. Anyway of revert to the old version?
    Try settings > privacy > factory reset.

That is where it is on my samsung.

No ... that's not it either!

Starting to feel a bit silly now ... I must be missing something!

Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Sorry Settings-> Privacy -> Factory Data reset works for me, but I'm on 2.2

Advertisement