Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Temporary closure of M4 will cause chaos"

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,794 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Hrm. I don't remember seeing the work on the M4 but you can't see any seperate wire sections for the crossover points anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

MYOB wrote: »
    Hrm. I don't remember seeing the work on the M4 but you can't see any seperate wire sections for the crossover points anyway.

Along the M1 the seperate little sections of wires were put in around the Armco barriers around the bridges and were put in the crossover areas to replace the little bollards they hard "preventing" cars going the wrong way. :pac: If I'm awake on the way home today I'll check how many have the shorter sections.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,794 ✭✭✭✭L1011

On the M4 they usually change sections at overbridges too. There's only one crossover point between each junction on the 1993 section also IIRC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Dear Sir or Madam,

I refer to our earlier correspondence.

I wish to inform you that a meeting has taken place between Kildare County Council, the NRA, their contractor and An Garda Siochana and a decision has been made to defer the completion of the works on the M4 until early in the New Year.

Your comments regarding the duration of the closure have been noted and every effort will be made to minimise any possible disruption when the works are ongoing.

Please note that a revised Notice of Intention will be advertised in the local press (Leinster Leader and Liffey Champion) shortly.

Regards

Michael O'Leary
    A/Director of Services
    Transportation & Public Safety
    Kildare County Council
    A great result! This work will have far less impact on the public after the Christmas when there is no Christmas traffic.

The question now is why nobody within the NRA or County Council, An Garda Siochana or the contractors could see the chaos these works would cause, are they all that incompetant?

Advertisement