Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best steak in waterford

• 22-11-2010 10:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

So far for me it has to be Belissimos, its awesome but what im really on the look out for is somewhere a little more casual where you can get a steak and a pint, not the restaurant setting like belissimos?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

becketts is pretty solid, and it's much more casual, you could go there and get a pint watch a rugby match and have steak too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

Holy Cross is back open on Wednesday. Absolutely savage there, John Murphy (chef) knows his steaks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

One thing that annoys me in Ireland is having to get a credit union loan for steak in a restaurant. Surely in an agricultural country like ours, steak should be something we can do for a relatively good price in restaurants? €20-25 is out of my reach anyway unless it's a very special occasion.

Trotter wrote: »
    One thing that annoys me in Ireland is having to get a credit union loan for steak in a restaurant. Surely in an agricultural country like ours, steak should be something we can do for a relatively good price in restaurants? €20-25 is out of my reach anyway unless it's a very special occasion.

Wages, ESB, Gas, Rent, Equipment purchase. The steak buying price would be fairly low, it is these things drive up the price unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,121 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

The best steak I ever had was in La Palma, it was good Steak and also perfetly cooked.

• Advertisement

The problem with getting a good steak here is that very few places use chargrills here. Most use flat top grills and they just dont do the same job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭Yes Boss

New Streak and Seafood Restaurant to open this weekend where the Wine Vault used to be. I believe it is two local lads...

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Yes Boss wrote: »
    New Streak and Seafood Restaurant to open this weekend where the Wine Vault used to be. I believe it is two local lads...

Sure is, Ken McDonald and Kevin(chicken)O Leary, both formerly of Fitzpatrick's Restaurant, and even as far back as the olde stand, have taken the plunge and are opening up a Steak and Sea food restaurant in high street. As far as I know, the head chef is also local, Morgan Casey I think is the chaps name. I am open to correction on this though.

Best of luck to all 3 of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭Yes Boss

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Sure is, Ken McDonald and Kevin(chicken)O Leary, both formerly of Fitzpatrick's Restaurant, and even as far back as the olde stand, have taken the plunge and are opening up a Steak and Sea food restaurant in high street. As far as I know, the head chef is also local, Morgan Casey I think is the chaps name. I am open to correction on this though.

Mervin Casey!

Mervin Casey!

Ah that's the fellow, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

wellboy76 wrote: »
    Holy Cross is back open on Wednesday. Absolutely savage there, John Murphy (chef) knows his steaks.

holycross ,whats this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

holycross ,whats this?
    The pub on your right when youre heading out the cork road.Used to have a thatched roof....think the roof is just tiled now anyway :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

The pub on your right when youre heading out the cork road.Used to have a thatched roof....think the roof is just tiled now anyway :confused:

where exactly is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

where exactly is it?

Driving towards Cork on the old N25 its past the Whitfield Clinic on the right hand side

Aquos76 wrote: »

Place looks lovely inside and I have to say that the kitchen is Uber clean!!!! (Unlike some other places in the vicinity!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

Cant argue with JD's steakhouse in Tramore.
    We held off on steak just to try the place.
    Highly recommend it.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tramore-Ireland/JDs-Steakhouse-Tramore/114056045303927

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

New Steak and Seafood Restaurant to open this weekend where the Wine Vault used to be. I believe it is two local lads...

Really looking forward to trying this place out once it's opened. Was on honeymoon in Orlando the last two weeks and the new wife was just commenting on how strange it is that a seaside city didn't really have a place that's steak and seafood seeing as that's what every second restaurant was over there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

We were sent in their menu and I'm personally very impressed with it. We'll certainly be recommending people the place initially.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭munster_mafia

anyone been to the new steak and sea food place on high street? was thinking about going tonight, anyone know the name of it

anyone been to the new steak and sea food place on high street? was thinking about going tonight, anyone know the name of it

Haven't been yet, nor have I heard from anyone who has, but it's called McLeary's I think.

• Advertisement

One of my friends updated her facebook last night saying its really nice in there
    And she likes her food

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Just got two lovely Fillet steaks from Aldi €9 will report back when I've eaten em:D

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭munster_mafia

Just back from McLearys, really nice food. Have to recommend the Baileys Creme Brulee, its gorgeous :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bananaface

i got really good steak in the hungry pig place up over the exchange, good price and nice n laid back. got a good steak in bodega too but just a bit more expensive. both really my favourites at the min :)

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

holycross ,whats this?

Its a Pub and its pub grub no matter who the chef is. If he was that hot he wouldn't be working in a pub.

Good grub though. Went back the other day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭julias_jewel

Just back from McLearys, really nice food. Have to recommend the Baileys Creme Brulee, its gorgeous :D

Me and the other half were there earlier, have to say ill be back, i got garlic mushrooms and the salmon, was mouth watering and himself got the steak, he hasnt shut up about how good it was :D (and hes very picky!!!)

We were too stuffed for dessert but i would recommend going there. Prices were very reasonable !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Komplett-Tech: Ryan

I'm not sure if this place is still open, as its been a good few years since i was in Waterford and have since heard the family that own the restaurant have had some financial issues, no idea if thats true though. But Chez K's was the place, just around the corner from the tower near the park i think is where it was.

I'm not sure if this place is still open, as its been a good few years since i was in Waterford and have since heard the family that own the restaurant have had some financial issues, no idea if thats true though. But Chez K's was the place, just around the corner from the tower near the park i think is where it was.
    Not at that location anymore. Closed for a good while but theyre open again in the Fitzwilton. Not bad in their new location but personally McLearys is much nicer for a good steak :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Komplett-Tech: Ryan

Thanks, will check that out if i'm down in Bla country again :)

Advertisement