Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best steak in waterford

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

Mansion house or the Cove bar, I steaky weakeys taste so good in these places lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Halfway house on the Tramore road, any evening 10ounce steak with all the trimmings , good aged steak, bet you will not have room for desert, all for €12.95

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Steaks, eh?

The auld lump of meat probably cooked to leather and served with "pepper sauce" and chips.

Would hope the country would move on from this - so many times I see the same people order the same "grub" in different places. If only steak was banned so most of the "cavemen" would have to try other dishes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

mozattack wrote: »
    Steaks, eh?

The auld lump of meat probably cooked to leather and served with "pepper sauce" and chips.

Would hope the country would move on from this - so many times I see the same people order the same "grub" in different places. If only steak was banned so most of the "cavemen" would have to try other dishes.

I know where your coming from, like it medium rare myself, but if you get a good aged rib eye, you just can't beat it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Mansion house or the Cove bar, I steaky weakeys taste so good in these places lol

Never had the steak off John in the Mansion House but his pepper steak pie is top notch.
    I couldn't say I've had a good steak in a restaurant or carvery in town as I haven't ordered one really as I tend to go for something different on the menu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Went to MacLeary's last night - really enjoyed it. The two main lads are very attentive to their customers and the food was pretty good. My desert (apple and oatmeal crumble) was top notch. Definitely be going back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Odats wrote: »
    Never had the steak off John in the Mansion House but his pepper steak pie is top notch.
    I couldn't say I've had a good steak in a restaurant or carvery in town as I haven't ordered one really as I tend to go for something different on the menu.

John def knows his stuff, I snookered him one really busy day but still managed to pull off a perfect vegetarian dish in a few minutes from scratch.

Back to topic OH loved his steak too, had to take a few breaks cause he refused to leave till the plate was clean!

Advertisement