Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loft Insulation / Thermawrap

• 22-11-2010 11:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Need some advice on loft insulation (not great at DIY) ... I have normal insulation but need to access an area ... do want to not have to fight with the fiberglass every time I need to get in there ... I saw the thermawrap stuff in a shop - and would provide the protection. Question I have is can I put the thermawrap over the normal insulation and would this cause any issues with condensation or any other issues?

Thanks for any advise

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭CBYR1983

You can buy insulated loft boards in a lot of the DIY places. I've seen them in B&Q. They're expensive.

They have a thick layer of rigid polystyrene or some other material stuck under a deckboard. You can walk on them - they sit on top of the joists.

If you do get them, make sure the material won't react with any wiring - try to avoid covering the wiring anyway.

Advertisement