Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Stamp Duty

Options
  • 22-11-2010 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Just a quick one. If I were to get a credit card now, would I have to pay a full years stamp duty come the 1st of April 2011?

Cheers,

Kid.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Hi All,

Just a quick one. If I were to get a credit card now, would I have to pay a full years stamp duty come the 1st of April 2011?

Cheers,

Kid.

yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

To follow on from that , if i was to transfer my balance to a new card and close the old cc account would i pay 2 x €40 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

Shelflife wrote: »
    To follow on from that , if i was to transfer my balance to a new card and close the old cc account would i pay 2 x €40 ?

Assuming you did all this before April 1st of any given year, then you would only pay the stamp duty once. This would be paid on the account you're closing (as the stamp duty is charged in arrears). When that's done, get a letter from your previous provider confirming you've paid it and give it to your new provider.

Advertisement