Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Bands

Options
  • 22-11-2010 11:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey guys, I'm getting married next August. We have our venue sorted and the dress and suits are sorted too. My major concern now is the wedding band. We obviously need someone who can cater for a variety of ages. We'd like a band that's lively and plays songs from the current chart as well as the hits, but nothing to cheesy please. My boyfriend is into a variety of music, Metallica, Led Zeppelin, Stereophonics to Kanya West and Jay-Z.

We'd like a band with a DJ for after just to make it easier to have it all in the one package.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Miss_S wrote: »
    Hey guys, I'm getting married next August. We have our venue sorted and the dress and suits are sorted too. My major concern now is the wedding band. We obviously need someone who can cater for a variety of ages. We'd like a band that's lively and plays songs from the current chart as well as the hits, but nothing to cheesy please. My boyfriend is into a variety of music, Metallica, Led Zeppelin, Stereophonics to Kanya West and Jay-Z.

We'd like a band with a DJ for after just to make it easier to have it all in the one package.

Any suggestions?

I doubt you will find a band that will play metal, rock and hiphop but there are a few bands like harlequin, eden, avalon that cover a variety of genres. A good dj will be able to work from a playlist and incorporate all these types of music into a set but many bands (but not all) don't focus on this and provide the dj as an afterthought without decent lighting, music choice and interaction. Read some reviews and try and see some bands and djs that are recommended to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

music Machine is a great wedding band. My husbands rock band have played weddings before, they are not a wedding band but have done for some of their regular followers. I can pm you a link and maybe you could check out an upcoming gig that may be close to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭TimMac

where are you getting married?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Miss_S

TimMac wrote: »
    where are you getting married?

Thank everyone for the help and advise and for the links to bands. We're getting married in Innishannon in Cork. We've been to see a Band call Arkadia which we'd been recommended and heard good things about. Only thing that I wasn't 100% about was the bass player spent most of the night walking around the pub, ver tables and chairs and at one point came out of the loo still playing the bass??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭TimMac

Katsquire are playing at our wedding & we recently heard another band in Kilkenny which were just as good called after dark.

good luck :D
    Miss_S wrote: »
    Thank everyone for the help and advise and for the links to bands. We're getting married in Innishannon in Cork. We've been to see a Band call Arkadia which we'd been recommended and heard good things about. Only thing that I wasn't 100% about was the bass player spent most of the night walking around the pub, ver tables and chairs and at one point came out of the loo still playing the bass??:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

After Dark are a great band, they come from Wicklow, Ive seen them play at weddings, in fact they played at the wedding of The Music Machines singer.

Advertisement