Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360 with flacon chipset

• 22-11-2010 11:49pm

Looking for a bbit of advice please.

Are Xbox 360`s with falcon chipsets less likely to get RROD?

Also do they have drives that can have custom firmware installed as standard?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

They are less likely to get the RROD than Xenon models as they do have a reduced power requirement (175W over 203W, Jaspers have 150W). They also have slightly shrunken manufacturing processes (Xenon has 90nm CPU & GPU, Falcons have 65nm CPU and 80nm GPU). They also have an improved heatsink. However, they're nowhere near the Jasper in regards to likelihood of the RROD if you ask me. I would seriously consider a modded cooling solution :)

All models apart from the slim 360 have drives that can be modded, though work on the slim is progressing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Definitely go for a Jasper motherboard as TV said, they run very cool when idle and during gameplay

Falcons last on average of 2-4 years from what i have seen. Mine lasted about 3 years.

I got the new slim(Valhalla) for €169, the mobo is a total rehaul of the original x-clamp style mobos, which is the fundamental design flaw. Id look at getting a slim if i were you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

I would be interested in seeing the statistics for failure of Jasper motherboards I'd imagine they would be minimal, Slim seems to be solid alright with the GPU & CPU combined and one huge fan to cool everything

Advertisement