Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

firearm substitution

Options
  • 23-11-2010 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

hi lads can anyone let me know how long it takes to do a substitution
    its the first one i have done since the new system came in ill be
    waiting a month on Tuesday has any one being waiting this long...

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

RThey should be done and processed within 14 days. Allowing for postage, to anf fro from stations give it 3 weeks. Wait then till week 4 and ring the station to follow up on the condition of the substituion.

Make sure they check its a substitution. Was talking to a lad recently that was complainging he hadn't gotten his substitution within the 14 days. Turns out he made a mistake on the application and it was processed as a full NEW license application.

Ring your station. They can check then and there on PULSE to see where it is.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭lofty95

Applied for my sub end of june and of course because the licensing is up in a heap i only got the license back the day before the duck started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

I was waiting 2 months for my shotgun sub to come back. Got mine just 3 days before the pheasants started.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭kermitpwee

I did a sub in the last month and it took me 9 Days to get the new licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭fitzy700

cheers lads, thanks for letting me know ill have to get on
    to the local fo tomorrow to see what the story is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭gentleman jim

fitzy700 wrote: »
    hi lads can anyone let me know how long it takes to do a substitution
    its the first one i have done since the new system came in ill be
    waiting a month on Tuesday has any one being waiting this long...

i applied for my shotgun substitution on saturday just gone, and it arrived here this morning:D;)
    happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Took mine 16 days which was over a bank holiday weekend, the local FAO reckon 14 days is the norm.

Advertisement