Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB Networks Charges

Options
  • 23-11-2010 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭

I can see from the ESB Networks website that their charge for a new connection is €1644.

I already have an ESB connection on my site, currently going to a pole beside my soon to be demolished cottage (Networks recently cut the cottage off at my request). I know I will have to trench in the supply from the pole at the boundary of my field but what I am trying to find out is if there is the same €1644 charge given that the supply already exists on the site.

Obviously I know I can ring ESB Networks and ask them and I will in due course but it is midnight and there is no one there to take my call :)

Anyone here have experience of having an ESB supply resited into a new build?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Thread moved from the Construction & Planning Forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Ye afaik you are still liable for the same charger if its a new service (new cable, cut out, meter etc).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi LoTwan,

As you are perhaps already aware (and you may have done this in the meantime) the best course of action is to make contact with a local area office technician/engineer. Contact details for ESB Networks can be found here.

As this is a forum for ESB Customer Supply only (I realise however that you originally posted this query elsewhere) I can only be of limited assistance.

Best of luck with the project; I hope you get sorted.

Thanks,

David.

Advertisement