Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Did I steal today?

• 23-11-2010 1:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Ok, so was in Topaz this morning, got a big cup of coffee (€2.40) but told the young, hot assistant it was tea, and was charged €1.70!

Wether I did it purposely or not is irrelevant, honest opinions?

Am I now a low life robbing bashterd?

What have you accidentally 'acquired'?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Yes. You just stole some time from
    Me. Awful, awful thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Gucky wrote: »

Yes. Yes you are.

The opinion that you are indeed a low life robbing bashterd.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

I get a black coffee in college all the time and add the milk from the milk machine. I tell the cashier its a black coffee and save 20c...I don't call it stealing - I call it common sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Next time you go in, buy a Tea, tell them its a Coffee, and you might not go to prison for 10 years...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

When they ask me in the shop,"Tea or coffee?" I always say "Whats cheaper?" with a mischievous grin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Next time you go in, buy a Tea, tell them its a Coffee, and you might not go to prison for 10 years...

Mmmmm

Or..........

Fill tea, tell assistant its coffee, return 5 mins later with receipt, ask to see manager, complain about rip off!

Free coffee for life?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Personally I think you're a disgrace to the human race and should hand yourself into the Gardaí asap :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

Next time just drink the coffee in the shop. €2.30 for coffee is outrageous...and by outrageous I mean reasonably priced. Topaz do nice hazelnut coffee...just so you know...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I went into a shop last week and thought I gave a €20 and obviously the shopkeep did too and he gave me €16 back.

A bit later I went to collect my dry cleaning and pulled out the €20 I thought I spent and 2 €10s. I would have gone back if I had noticed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

When they ask me in the shop,"Tea or coffee?" I always say "Whats cheaper?" with a mischievous grin.

and what happens :)

• Advertisement

Ok, so was in Topaz this morning, got a big cup of coffee (€2.40) but told the young, hot assistant it was tea, and was charged €1.70!

when you are refused entry into heaven you will know why :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

and now we're being bailed out, all because of your lies OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭AnneElizabeth

Yes you did steal, regardless of how small it was. :P

I don't get why people do things like that though, Like if you're gonna steal something, make it something worthwhile :pac:

Yes you did steal, regardless of how small it was. :P

I don't get why people do things like that though, Like if you're gonna steal something, make it something worthwhile :pac:

Is it stealing if it was an accident? I have tourettes you know!
    Instead of shouting w@nk, fúck, etc, I always shout coffee!
    Sometimes I follow that up, by shouting "like the black dudes name from green mile, cept spelt differently"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

if you were in china you would be hung and left to rot

consider yourself lucky young man:):rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Thats not stealing-thats being a cheapskate.

if you were in china you would be hung and left to rot

consider yourself lucky young man:):rolleyes:

I'm already hung, and the fact that its like a donkey, makes me already consider myself lucky, very lucky indeed!

thanks, you've just made me appreciate life again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

hondasam wrote: »
    and what happens :)

I say coffee :)

I say coffee :)

Do you offer to pay later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Seriously, how much was the coffee?

• Advertisement

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Thats not stealing-thats being a cheapskate.

I thought that was just a rumour :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

K-9 wrote: »
    Oh sweet Jaysus.

Not by me obviously, im a cold bastard :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

Ya think 70cent is nothing but it all adds up I'm afraid.

If 100 billion people were honest and paid for coffee not tea, it would be enough to save our national debt.

Sea Sharp wrote: »
    Ya think 70cent is nothing but it all adds up I'm afraid.

If 100 billion people were honest and paid for coffee not tea, it would be enough to save our national debt.

Well, as theres only 6 billion people on this earth (approx), I feel a lot better!
    Could be waiting a while on the other 94 billion to show with their 70c each!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Brian Cowen is on Boards!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

Well, as theres only 6 billion people on this earth (approx), I feel a lot better!
    Could be waiting a while on the other 94 billion to show with their 70c each!

Coincidently the Earth's population probably will be 100 billion by the time we pay off our debt. :p

Sea Sharp wrote: »
    Coincidently the Earth's population probably will be 100 billion by the time we pay off our debt. :p

for some unknown reason, I'm humming katie meluas 9 million bicycles song now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I did steal today, was in a pet shop with the missus and picked up a few things, one of them was a A5 sized box with a dog harness in it, we went to the till put all the things down but i kept the box in my hand. It must have been in plain sight of the check out girl, but i didn't leave it on the counter, so she didn't take for it.
    Only realised when we got home, i dont feel bad about it, yes it was stealing, but.....meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Cant wait for next months edition of crimeline,esp the bit with cctv in it :D

• Advertisement

pebbles21 wrote: »
    Cant wait for next months edition of crimeline,esp the bit with cctv in it :D

Hows bam bam?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ahhHellNo

yes you are a thieving Bashtard but you also just became a man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭CdeC

Obviously the only way to balance out this injustice is to bleed yourself of 10pints of blood.
    Only then can you be at peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

Actually, that is how you determine if you did steal it or not.

Dan133269 wrote: »
    Actually, that is how you determine if you did steal it or not.

Good point!

I'm at peace with myself now! (it was an oversight) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

....enough about your moral dilemma, I want to hear more about this young hot assistant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

You're worse than Nazi's with Aids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

for some unknown reason, I'm humming katie meluas 9 million bicycles song now!

You'll be needing more than 9 million feckin bikes to escape the flames of hell, you cheater.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

I got charged €14.xx instead of €41.xx in a Texaco for petrol one time, it felt gooooooooood.

edit: forgot to say, OP for the chair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

This story stole my heart you lovable oul scamp! You did it accidentally so screw it plus that 70 cents is the equivelant of probably 70 people filling up their cars and not paying the cent or so extra they go over. Don't worry about it guy..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Breaking News: Topaz announces profits for Q4 expected to slump by 0.70c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Pics or GTFO!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Absurdum wrote: »
    Breaking News: Topaz announces profits for Q4 expected to slump by 0.70c

Decision taken to dump the cleaner fuel and resort to dirty less eco-friendly alternative ensuring the downfall of all mankind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

yeah you stole. but dont worry stealing is cool!

either that or you just paid a reasonable price for a cofee. which is lame and dull

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

the garage across the road from me has a tim hortons coffee machine that also does hot milk for hot chocolate, the sachets are there and you have to take one, put it in a cup and then add the milk...

every time i'm there i consider just filling the cup with multiple sachets, should be able to get 15-20 in there i figure.....(insert step two).......rolling in profit! thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

you should go to your local priest and tell him what you did...you will never steal again...or sit down for a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

I'm stealing neighbour's broadband right now. Mmmm free.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Adam wrote: »
    the garage across the road from me has a tim hortons coffee machine that also does hot milk for hot chocolate, the sachets are there and you have to take one, put it in a cup and then add the milk...

every time i'm there i consider just filling the cup with multiple sachets, should be able to get 15-20 in there i figure.....(insert step two).......rolling in profit! thoughts?

A Canadian hockey player, killed in a car crash whilst driving a De Tomaso Pantera. Terrible sad.

He had just set up the company before he was killed. Canadians are shocking protective of Tim Horton's coffee and donuts. they love the stuff, like Fraggles love minature see-through bridges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

A chipped tooth, a bad back, lots of paint splashes, pain in my right hip joint, a scar on my left index finger. I can't think of anything else right now.

Mmmm, 15c tea...

sometimes our canteen undercharges but sometimes they overcharge so I reckon it all balances out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

No. You didn't steal today.

You stole yesterday and you're going to BURN IN HELL FOR ALL ETERNITY!

• Advertisement
Advertisement