Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Did I steal today?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

bluewolf wrote: »
    Mmmm, 15c tea...

Oh my God! Get the sackcloth and ashes out...

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Oh my God! Get the sackcloth and ashes out...

What? Because my canteen sells 15c tea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

bluewolf wrote: »
    What? Because my canteen sells 15c tea?

No, I took it you misappropriated a fifteen cent cup of tea. Am I wrong? Apologies in advance.

Pherekydes wrote: »
    No, I took it you misappropriated a fifteen cent cup of tea. Am I wrong? Apologies in advance.

Yeah, I was just having a chuckle at 15c tea compared to the price in the OP.
    Of course I'm sure there's workplaces that just have it free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭bluenose1956

I always use 2 of the crappy tea bags to get a bit of colour, but only take a little milk and no sugar, so I think I'm being fair. Or should I pay double? Or is it the hot water that costs the money?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Rather a trivial thing to steal, in case you havent noticed an entire country's been robbed of its future by FF filth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

I once got 6 Tuborg for €5 because the guy on the till was chatting up some fat bird.

One of the best days of my life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Gucky wrote: »
    Ok, so was in Topaz this morning, got a big cup of coffee (€2.40) but told the young, hot assistant it was tea, and was charged €1.70!

Wether I did it purposely or not is irrelevant, honest opinions?

Am I now a low life robbing bashterd?

What have you accidentally 'acquired'?

I've acquired the knowledge that you are now allowed to use the following smiley in all of your posts to let everyone know how hardcore you are:

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭Cjayses

How is this thread of the day...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭SparkyTech

I underpaid my bus journey home yesterday. €1.15 instead of €1.60.

The guilt is tearing me up inside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭Nuigforce

All through school id go to centra for lunch and buy a role with about 3 extra fillings. on the way to the till peel off the stickers for the extra fillings and just pay for the plain role... must have saved me about 100 euro over the 5 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Ok, so was in Topaz this morning, got a big cup of coffee (€2.40) but told the young, hot assistant it was tea, and was charged €1.70!

Did you know that it was coffee when you brought it to the till? If so, that would be yes. If you didn't, it would be unintentional.

Purposely is hugely relevant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Nuigforce wrote: »
    All through school id go to centra for lunch and buy a role with about 3 extra fillings. on the way to the till peel off the stickers for the extra fillings and just pay for the plain role... must have saved me about 100 euro over the 5 years

I didnt know Centra sold roles now?
    Bet Colin Farrell has been doing a bit of shopping there recently, as the movies hes been in lately have been dire!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭Nuigforce

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

You think you're bad??

I was in Topaz this morning, got a big cup of coffee and walked out the door.

Now that's a low life robbing bashterd!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

easiest way to figure this out,

if the coffee tasted good then god did not smite you, so you are off the hook...

if the coffee tasted bad then god has smited you ,so you are off the hook...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

When they ask me in the shop,"Tea or coffee?" I always say "Whats cheaper?" with a mischievous grin.

You and a hundred other people.

What I normally tell people when they ask if they could just say tea instead of coffee and get it cheaper is that I can smell the manky smell off the coffee machine anyway

Advertisement